Xbox One hardware Updates

Paragon_X
9 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

^this.

Just admit it already, consoles are dead. They serve no purpose anymore.

The old ones to a certain extent do with system link and the ability to play games with 15 other people while using only 4 screens and consoles. What almost eliminates their purpose is the inability to use anything for online multiplayer that isn't Xbox Live or PSN.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

As long as I can still mod the crap out of games, play in 5760x1080, and don't have to pay the bullshit xbox live gold subscription, I'm fine with that.

Chances are, they will go the Apple route and make it so you can only use "approved hardware".

The HP route as well. My laptop won't even let me use wifi cards that aren't on the compatibility list, even when I proved that the compatibility white list was BS by doing a hotswap of the wifi card with an unsupported one from a Dell.

PMSL

This isn't actually confirming anything to be released, its just saying that Xbox 1 games will work with future hardware. I wouldn't hold my breath for an Xbox One expansion pack.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

13 hours ago, SaladFingers said:

" Consoles lock the hardware and the software platforms together at the beginning of the generation. Then you ride the generation out for seven or so years, while other ecosystems are getting better, faster, stronger. "

Well, Phil. Does the word "PC" ring any bells? So you are trying to make the X-box be like a PC? Better idea: Just focus on PCs then.

The Xbox consoles have ALWAYS been built like a PC. More so than the PS4. Look at a teardown of one in comparison to a PS4 and you can clearly see, in comparison, that the XBox consoles are much more similar in build to that of a PC.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

6 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

A lack of common sense?

Seriously they might have to introduce the advanced technology of variable game settings the user wouldnt even know about, the horror!

Nintendo did that with the 3DS and the *New* 3DS

There are games that are only available on the new device even though they are similar because they leverage the bump in performance.

The xbox one will be 3 years old in november of this year, the 3DS was only 3 years old when the *NEW* 3DS came out.

I am just saying that it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

8 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

There are games that are only available on the new device even though they are similar because they leverage the bump in performance.

The xbox one will be 3 years old in november of this year, the 3DS was only 3 years old when the *NEW* 3DS came out.

So you've proven Nintendo and it's key publishers lack common sense. Still a non-issue for engines already build to scale up and down since they're already doing PC versions for the most part.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So you've proven Nintendo and it's key publishers lack common sense. Still a non-issue for engines already build to scale up and down since they're already doing PC versions for the most part.

Like I said, it was just a thought.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If they do make things upgradeable they may make replaceable modules that you can slide into another box. like the memory card expansion bay in the N64, so they have control over the hardware that is used.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Doubt they would have costumers to tear apart their products to replace parts.

I'm thinking it will be something along the lines of xbox "slim" edition.

Could it be a slightly better binned APU (able to reach higher clocks), increasing performance. Perhaps it could reach 1080p?

Then push console developers to make the game able to run with 900/720p for compatibility with old xbox one edition.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

18 hours ago, SaladFingers said:

" Consoles lock the hardware and the software platforms together at the beginning of the generation. Then you ride the generation out for seven or so years, while other ecosystems are getting better, faster, stronger. "

Well, Phil. Does the word "PC" ring any bells? So you are trying to make the X-box be like a PC? Better idea: Just focus on PCs then.

^ Definitely agree.

If they want to retain the xbox brand so much, release a PC w/ their software on it (somewhat akin to a steam machine) and have it use the windows store w/ the option to import games from steam. Boom, Microsoft just took over the HTPC market.

IMO it will still be locked down, but just upgradable. So for example they may have a 2017 upgrade with a better hardware package. Then the newer games will allow the 2017 model to run 'upgraded 2017 graphics' whereas the original will run 'standard' graphics. This way devs can still optimize for specific hardware and not worry about all the random combinations.

I doubt they'd let consumers choose specific specs as most console gamers aren't bothered by it and don't want to spend that much effort in deciding. That's the appeal of consoles right? Simplicity?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

20 hours ago, beebskadoo said:

So what is to stop a game developer from releasing a game that only works with the updated console? forcing people who own the original to buy the new one...just stupid in my opinion. This goes back to when Microsoft said that 792P was more than good enough for gaming on the XboxOne and that the difference in hardware performance between them and the PS4 would be negligible...this to me shows Microsoft eating their words, because if it was good enough to begin with why change it so quickly?

What is to stop them? Microsoft is. They've demonstrated with UWP they can and will stop people from straying away from their standardised system. Likely developers will HAVE to create graphics presets for the lowest end system and have the option to provide it for others.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

5 hours ago, beebskadoo said:

Just a couple things.

The 3ds was about 4 years old when the new 3ds launched.

And while it can play new games that leverage the more powerful hardware, so far there's only one (Xenoblade Chronicles) and nothing else in the pipeline yet.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

We all know this generation console isn't going to have the lifespan of 360/ps3 and to guess its probably going to be 5 year cycle.

This is where i personally don't mind the idea, what if instead of buying a new console every 5 years you buy the hardware upgrade making it cheaper than buying a whole new box, more convenient not having to reinstall everything and effectively eliminating emulation for backward compatibility as well.

This is how I personally see it happening now that I've thought about it, not they will release a new gpu/cpu upgrade every 1 - 2 years.

the best way to make a better console, but not change the game as much and make them run on the old hardware, is that the only thing that changes in game is the FPS, like on a normal console, it runs at 30-40 fps, but at the upgraded one, it runs at around 50-60. for example.

but they will never beat PC anyway.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 3/2/2016 at 4:30 AM, Trik'Stari said:

^this.

I hate to argue this statement normally, but at this point...I agree now; they really do serve no purpose. The prices are going up and up, and if it continues, it won't even be the cheaper alternative that it once was. Now their only purpose is all the great exclusives...and their beautiful past.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

5 minutes ago, Albatross said:

I hate to argue this statement normally, but at this point...I agree now; they really do serve no purpose. The prices are going up and up, and if it continues, it won't even be the cheaper alternative that it once was. Now their only purpose is all the great exclusives...and their beautiful past.

I'll be honest, the first 3 generations of PS3, and first 2 Generations of Xbox actually had, and still have a purpose. Yeah games aren't made for them any more, but they are still bloody better for playing fun games with your friends than the Xbone and Pisspoor (Nintendo is, well, Nintendo, their consoles aren't even aimed at the same market as the Xbone and Pisspoor).

PMSL

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:30 PM, Trik'Stari said:

^this.

When all AAA games are on the Windows Store then they can kill the Xbox One and make a new PC with Xbox branding.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 3/2/2016 at 1:30 PM, Trik'Stari said:

^this.

Pc mustardrace at its finest.

28 minutes ago, Albatross said:

up? you mad?

ps3 = 600, ps4 = 400, how is that UP?

Are the pure PC gamers THIS stupid or...?

2 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

up? you mad?

The Xbox 360 and PS3 were sold at a loss, unlike the Xbone and Pisspoor-and even then Microsoft and Sony's margins are small.

PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

The Xbox 360 and PS3 were sold at a loss, unlike the Xbone and Pisspoor-and even then Microsoft and Sony's margins are small.

i smell a butthurt PC gamer who wants to play ps4 games, but can't with his 10k Pc.

Such a hoot.

3 hours ago, WarWeeny said:

up? you mad?

lol

okay dude, sure.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |