Xbox One hardware Updates

Paragon_X
45 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

i smell a butthurt PC gamer who wants to play ps4 games, but can't with his 10k Pc.

Such a hoot.

Lol, can't stand the truth about consoles can you? And why would I be buthurt? I've got 2x soft modded and upgraded Xbox Original for local multiplayer, and my i7 4790K+GTX970 for online multiplayer+single player gaming.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i before overpriced addons like the 360 hard drives

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Lol, can't stand the truth about consoles can you? And why would I be buthurt? I've got 2x soft modded and upgraded Xbox Original for local multiplayer, and my i7 4790K+GTX970 for online multiplayer+single player gaming.

what truth?

That i can enjoy way more exclusives than pc?

That i can play my favourite genre on it?

Sure, can't handle that /s

4 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

That's simply not true, the number of pc exclusives is massive even if we just consider the games that came out in the last 4-5 years, but anyway you don't seem a resonable person so this will be my first and last post aimed to you.

I just wonder why a console fanboy would sign up and post in a pc centric community.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, Pesmerga said:

That's simply not true, the number of pc exclusives is massive even if we just consider the games that came out in the last 4-5 years, but anyway you don't seem a resonable person so this will be my first and last post aimed to you.

I just wonder why a console fanboy would sign up and post in a pc centric community.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let me rephrase, more AAA exclusives

I am not a console fanboy, i am sick of pc mustardrace to look down on console gamers..

1 hour ago, WarWeeny said:

what truth?

That i can play my favourite genre on it?

Sure, can't handle that /s

Really.....there are far fewer console exclusives than there are PC exclusives FYI.

PMSL

At this point... Microsoft just better sell Xbox OS... Or follow Steam's lead and release it for free 

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Really.....there are far fewer console exclusives than there are PC exclusives FYI.

you mean those shitty moba's, rts, and indie games? lawl

5 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

you mean those shitty moba's, rts, and indie games? lawl

At least they run at 1080p 60fps.

and "those shitty ____"....like csgo, dota 2, and LoL -- the largest gaming scenes in the world?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

32 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

At least they run at 1080p 60fps.

and "those shitty ____"....like csgo, dota 2, and LoL -- the largest gaming scenes in the world?

because they are popular, doesn't make them good, look at call of duty, almost all those games are terrible.

And, if lol, dota was on console, they would run at 1080P/60fps too, the ps4/x-one can do that too you know, since it is not a potato like the requirements of said games. Look at rocket league for example, 1080P/60 on ps4, and that game requires more of a PC than lo, cs:go, and dota combined.

And it all depents on said Pc as well, 90% of pc gamers cannot even game on 1080P, let alone achieve 60fps.

A huge misconception made by pc mustardrace.

11 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

because they are popular, doesn't make them good, look at call of duty, almost all those games are terrible.

And, if lol, dota was on console, they would run at 1080P/60fps too, the ps4/x-one can do that too you know, since it is not a potato like the requirements of said games. Look at rocket league for example, 1080P/60 on ps4, and that game requires more of a PC than lo, cs:go, and dota combined.

And it all depents on said Pc as well, 90% of pc gamers cannot even game on 1080P, let alone achieve 60fps.

A huge misconception made by pc mustardrace.

If they were terrible they wouldn't sell, CoD included. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad game.

It was a joke, try not to get your panties in a bunch.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

If they were terrible they wouldn't sell, CoD included. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad game.

It was a joke, try not to get your panties in a bunch.

"just a prank bro" - nice save.

Let's drop the "fanboy" arguments right now, on both sides! We don't need any of that toxic shit in here.

Personally, I'm pretty skeptical about this. Rather than the XBO becoming upgradable, I think it's rather more likely that the console will be retired earlier and replaced with something new: eg - a new console ("XB Two" or whatever). The new console might very well be upgradable though. The thing is, they will need to design it to be upgradable from the start, for it to work properly.

I do think that Microsoft's endgame is "Windows Universal Platform" exclusives. Whether you run the game on an XBO, or on the Windows 10 App Store, really doesn't matter to them in the end.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

does this mean if the went with AMD, Does that mean AMD will make money for console sale for once?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

I just can't think of a single way of doing this without completely segmenting the market.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Let's drop the "fanboy" arguments right now, on both sides! We don't need any of that toxic shit in here.

Personally, I'm pretty skeptical about this. Rather than the XBO becoming upgradable, I think it's rather more likely that the console will be retired earlier and replaced with something new: eg - a new console ("XB Two" or whatever). The new console might very well be upgradable though. The thing is, they will need to design it to be upgradable from the start, for it to work properly.

I do think that Microsoft's endgame is "Windows Universal Platform" exclusives. Whether you run the game on an XBO, or on the Windows 10 App Store, really doesn't matter to them in the end.

One problem with that though. The Windows 10 App store utterly blows when it comes to games.

PMSL

2 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

One problem with that though. The Windows 10 App store utterly blows when it comes to games.

I won't argue with that. In it's current state, you're totally right. Hopefully Microsoft jumps on that hard, because the competition is at a significant advantage right now with their own store platforms (Origin, Steam, GoG.com, etc).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I just can't think of a single way of doing this without completely segmenting the market.

Isn't segmenting the market kind of the point? It allows game developers to push their graphical fidelity further, while also maintaining a large customer base. I have a hard time believing that Microsoft will release a strap on enhancement, but I do believe that they'd release an Xbox One.5 (or some other cheeses name) console that includes improved processing power, improved storage (solid state) and ships with the Xbox elite controller. Premium experience for a console, but same games.

The whole point of his comment wasn't that they'd be releasing hardware that will improve the graphics of games, but rather that the games that are releasing on the Xbox One today will be available on their platform going forward. To anyone who understands what happened from the last console generation (and all previous) and this one it's a blatantly obvious comment. Their next trick should be getting the Original Xbox games running on the Xbox One this guaranteeing that any developer that wants their games to live on in perpetuity on a digital storefront they have the option (or as long as the Xbox brand exists).

This isn't something to point and laugh at consoles for other than to say "finally it's happening". Microsoft isn't going to release 6 different GPU updates from two different manufacturers every year. They'll release one every year at most, which is optimization for a developer rather than a complete overhaul of the game (kinda like how some PC gamers play on high detail at 1440p, and some play on medium detail at 1080p).

6 hours ago, hph6203 said:

Isn't segmenting the market kind of the point? It allows game developers to push their graphical fidelity further, while also maintaining a large customer base. I have a hard time believing that Microsoft will release a strap on enhancement, but I do believe that they'd release an Xbox One.5 (or some other cheeses name) console that includes improved processing power, improved storage (solid state) and ships with the Xbox elite controller. Premium experience for a console, but same games.

The whole point of his comment wasn't that they'd be releasing hardware that will improve the graphics of games, but rather that the games that are releasing on the Xbox One today will be available on their platform going forward. To anyone who understands what happened from the last console generation (and all previous) and this one it's a blatantly obvious comment. Their next trick should be getting the Original Xbox games running on the Xbox One this guaranteeing that any developer that wants their games to live on in perpetuity on a digital storefront they have the option (or as long as the Xbox brand exists).

This isn't something to point and laugh at consoles for other than to say "finally it's happening". Microsoft isn't going to release 6 different GPU updates from two different manufacturers every year. They'll release one every year at most, which is optimization for a developer rather than a complete overhaul of the game (kinda like how some PC gamers play on high detail at 1440p, and some play on medium detail at 1080p).

Doesnt that kind of defeat the whole point of a console though ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

For me the main point is split screen multiplayer as it means (with quite a few Xbox Original and 360 games at least) that you only need 4 copies of a game, 4 consoles and 4 TV to have 16 people playing at the same time, which is where consoles are really god value (split screen used to be used for some games in the 90's, but when consoles really took off it wasn't used again).

PMSL

I think Microsoft is trying to achieve what Valve failed with their Steam Machines: to actually make it work as it should have been. Instead of having the zoo Valve made with steam machines to have 2-3 specs per generation with developers being required to optimize their games for base model. This will avoid user fragmentation and will ensure largest costumer base possible for developers as well as give options for people who want better graphical fidelity/fps. Honestly I don't see much drawbacks here IF the concept is implemented in a way I've described.

On March 9, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

Think of it like (gasp) the iPhone, the 3G and the 3Gs, where you have an initial product in the generation and then a revision. Follow that up with the next generation (iPhone 4) but on a longer time scale. In this case they could do the Xbox One as the 900p device, and an Xbox One.5 as the 1080p 60fps. The Xbox Two on the other hand might be a VR capable device, or a 4K gaming device, but a large jump.

The key to his statement is that everything from the Xbox One will (or is intended to be) available on the Xbox One.5 and Xbox Two, but everything on the Xbox Two won't necessarily be available on the Xbox One. If trends hold, then yes they'd be developing for the Xbox One, Xbox One.5 and Xbox Two for a year or so after the launch of the Xbox Two, but that development would die off as the Xbox Two establishes itself. 

The Xbox One is a computer without the customization, that does limit you, but it simplifies the process for developers and users. An additional device is different than 30 different devices. These developers already utilize sliders, this is just taking those sliders and options and locking them for fixed hardware.

If Microsoft starts allowing consumers to customize the memory, GPU or processor independent of the others, or allows more than one or two iterations per generation then you're right, the consoles lose something, but I don't foresee either of those things happening.

The next generation Xbox will almost certainly be an always connected device with no optical drive and their full library available to the user, as they've already built in backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360, could easily do it with the original Xbox with the advancements in hardware, and that won't seem nearly as intrusive as when they tried to do it with the Xbox One, because mobile networks will be replacing hardline networks by then. This is about creating a permanent overall platform and extending the lifespan of this console generation long enough to take advantage of those technology advancements (VR, 4K, HDR, 5G Wireless).

42 minutes ago, hph6203 said:

Think of it like (gasp) the iPhone, the 3G and the 3Gs, where you have an initial product in the generation and then a revision. Follow that up with the next generation (iPhone 4) but on a longer time scale. In this case they could do the Xbox One as the 900p device, and an Xbox One.5 as the 1080p 60fps. The Xbox Two on the other hand might be a VR capable device, or a 4K gaming device, but a large jump.

The key to his statement is that everything from the Xbox One will (or is intended to be) available on the Xbox One.5 and Xbox Two, but everything on the Xbox Two won't necessarily be available on the Xbox One. If trends hold, then yes they'd be developing for the Xbox One, Xbox One.5 and Xbox Two for a year or so after the launch of the Xbox Two, but that development would die off as the Xbox Two establishes itself. 

The Xbox One is a computer without the customization, that does limit you, but it simplifies the process for developers and users. An additional device is different than 30 different devices. These developers already utilize sliders, this is just taking those sliders and options and locking them for fixed hardware.

If Microsoft starts allowing consumers to customize the memory, GPU or processor independent of the others, or allows more than one or two iterations per generation then you're right, the consoles lose something, but I don't foresee either of those things happening.

The next generation Xbox will almost certainly be an always connected device with no optical drive and their full library available to the user, as they've already built in backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360, could easily do it with the original Xbox with the advancements in hardware, and that won't seem nearly as intrusive as when they tried to do it with the Xbox One, because mobile networks will be replacing hardline networks by then. This is about creating a permanent overall platform and extending the lifespan of this console generation long enough to take advantage of those technology advancements (VR, 4K, HDR, 5G Wireless).

The only thing I don't agree with is that you think it will lack an Optical Drive. Microsoft has always positioned their consoles as "Media Centre" friendly. The next XBOX will undoubtedly have a 4K Blu-Ray drive installed (Or as an optional add-on - but we saw how (un)popular that was with the HD-DVD add-on).

There might come a time where they stop shipping games on physical disc, but even that won't be for a while.

Many people use the PS4 and XBO as their only blu-ray player for their home theatre.