Nokia's Ad takes a Humorous Jab at The iPhone 5c

RyanTH98

Earlier today the iPhone 5C was announced and just like the leaks, the official device was shown off in a myriad of colors. However when one thinks of phones with bright colors, one might think of Nokia, and Nokia knows that and has since released an ad on its Facebook page (and their Twitter account) mocking the new iPhone 5C. As you can see in the picture above, Nokia basically showed off their range of colorful Nokia Lumia Windows Phone devices, with the tag line that reads, “Imitation is the best form of flattery”, a motto Apple should probably live by instead of suing Samsung and vice versa.

nokia-ad.jpg

What do you guys think? Did Apple really just take a leaf out of Nokia’s playbook with the colorful iPhone 5C devices?

Article Link: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/09/nokias-ad-takes-a-humorous-jab-at-the-iphone-5c/

no, they were trying to bring back the hype of the first Ipod nano where everyone was "ZOMG COLORS GOTTA GET THIS"

that and to beat out chinese immitations :P

inb4 lawsuit war 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It's getting out of hand. No one can patent a color.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I personally think the 5c looks girly. No offence to girls but Apple might want to offer darker colours. I'm not saying they need a heavy metal 5c but darker hues would have been nice.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

no, they were trying to bring back the hype of the first Ipod nano where everyone was "ZOMG COLORS GOTTA GET THIS"

that and to beat out chinese immitations :P

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't even care about Nokia.

Also am I the only person finding it weird that while Android phones are using more glass and aluminium in their designs vs the stereotypical plastic, Apple is using plastic vs the usual aluminium/stainless steel and glass they've been sticking with for the past 4 years :lol:?

It's getting out of hand. No one can patent a color.

That's disagreeable, I don't remember from where but someone was selling the names of HEX codes to raise money for charity. Its not exactly patenting them but it is selling the rights to the name

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

That's disagreeable, I don't remember from where but someone was selling the names of HEX codes to raise money for charity. Its not exactly patenting them but it is selling the rights to the name

I see.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i just remembered that jay-z has its own (and patented) shade of blue and this was like more that 5 years ago

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't even care about Nokia.

Also am I the only person finding it weird that while Android phones are using more glass and aluminium in their designs vs the stereotypical plastic, Apple is using plastic vs the usual aluminium/stainless steel and glass they've been sticking with for the past 4 years :lol:?

Well, the plastic still has a metal sub-frame and glass front, but I see what you mean. Also, how many aluminum Android phones are there? 7 or 8 (not being an iSheep, just a curious question.)?

And I dislike Apple in some ways, but like them in others. The 5C is something I like. It's a nice break from Aluminum and it's pretty affordable, something seldom said about Apple. I see the phone being successful.

Stating that using different colors is imitation is like saying rounded colors is imitation. Its such a basic concept :P

PC in Profile

Well, the plastic still has a metal sub-frame and glass front, but I see what you mean. Also, how many aluminum Android phones are there? 7 or 8 (not being an iSheep, just a curious question.)?

And I dislike Apple in some ways, but like them in others. The 5C is something I like. It's a nice break from Aluminum and it's pretty affordable, something seldom said about Apple. I see the phone being successful.

There aren't many aluminium android phones out there, I was just pointing at the move from just plastic to ceramics and metals which has been happening, this year especially, so I expect we'll see much more in the future. While even Samsung seems to have realized nobody likes hyperglaze, Apple went with a glossy finish, quite disappointing when you consider how iPhones are all about feeling good in the hand.

Also I would have thought the move to plastic would have meant a larger drop in price which would have definitely made the iPhone 5C an extremely compelling device. My guess is the 5C is all about getting sales in developing countries while they want to avoid promoting it too much in more developed countries so as not to interfere with 5S sales but still get a few extra sales from people who are not willing to stretch their budget that far.

There aren't many aluminium android phones out there, I was just pointing at the move from just plastic to ceramics and metals which has been happening, this year especially, so I expect we'll see much more in the future. While even Samsung seems to have realized nobody likes hyperglaze, Apple went with a glossy finish, quite disappointing when you consider how iPhones are all about feeling good in the hand.

Also I would have thought the move to plastic would have meant a larger drop in price which would have definitely made the iPhone 5C an extremely compelling device. My guess is the 5C is all about getting sales in developing countries while they want to avoid promoting it too much in more developed countries so as not to interfere with 5S sales but still get a few extra sales from people who are not willing to stretch their budget that far.

The biggest problem I see with the 5c is the damn coating. It will be scratch and chip city.

Stop trying to make windows phone happen, it's not gonna happen. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Is patented colors similar to why automobile makers always have such weird names for their colors?

I guessed that some manufacturers patent their specific colors, and other manufacturers don't use the same color because they don't want a lawsuit?

in all honesty

the lumia design is a copy of the ipod nano

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The biggest problem I see with the 5c is the damn coating. It will be scratch and chip city.

Not that the iPhone 5/5s isn't scratch and chip city, especially the black/grey version :lol:. Which is why everybody uses a case on it.