Someone told me im too clingy, what do i do

Bajantechnician
9 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

is talkinh irl ok?

not much tho

I would do this:

Don't go out of your way to avoid her in real life - eg: If you see her down the hall walking towards you, don't suddenly turn and go another way. That'll just make it more awkward for both of you. If you walk by her, say Hi in a friendly manner and keep going, unless she initiates conversation. Basically, act like it's no big deal that you didn't stop and try to talk to her.

In digital: Don't text or sms or facebook message her or anything. Don't initiate any conversation. If she wants to talk to you, she'll start up a convo. If she starts a convo, reply, don't ignore her, but if the conversation starts to die out, then just say "Gotta go" and end it.

Basically, let her control how much contact you have. Because you seem to keep trying to find ways to keep talking to her, and make it look like it's no big deal.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

50 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would do this:

Don't go out of your way to avoid her in real life - eg: If you see her down the hall walking towards you, don't suddenly turn and go another way. That'll just make it more awkward for both of you. If you walk by her, say Hi in a friendly manner and keep going, unless she initiates conversation. Basically, act like it's no big deal that you didn't stop and try to talk to her.

In digital: Don't text or sms or facebook message her or anything. Don't initiate any conversation. If she wants to talk to you, she'll start up a convo. If she starts a convo, reply, don't ignore her, but if the conversation starts to die out, then just say "Gotta go" and end it.

Basically, let her control how much contact you have. Because you seem to keep trying to find ways to keep talking to her, and make it look like it's no big deal.

I see alright thanks.

Could you rephrase the very last sentense please?

16 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I see alright thanks.

Could you rephrase the very last sentense please?

The last sentence means two things:

1. Let this girl control the level of contact you two have. If she says hi, say hi back. If she initiates conversation, then talk to her. If she avoids you, then don't talk to her. If she doesn't text you, then you don't text her.

2. I'm pointing out that in this thread, you seem to be coming up with excuses so that you can still talk to her, irl or through text.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The last sentence means two things:

1. Let this girl control the level of contact you two have. If she says hi, say hi back. If she initiates conversation, then talk to her. If she avoids you, then don't talk to her. If she doesn't text you, then you don't text her.

2. I'm pointing out that in this thread, you seem to be coming up with excuses so that you can still talk to her, irl or through text.

I see. So no contact, irl, or text at all, or is irl ok. I'm getting that if she starts a convo in text , it is ok to continue. 

How do I end texts. I usually say I have to go, but I don't wanna alseays use it as a excuse, because it'll get old....

18 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I see. So no contact, irl, or text at all, or is irl ok. I'm getting that if she starts a convo in text , it is ok to continue. 

How do I end texts. I usually say I have to go, but I don't wanna alseays use it as a excuse, because it'll get old....

You don't have to end texts. If she says something that doesn't warrant a reply, then simply don't reply.

Or just say "I'm off, cya" or "well I'll talk to you later" or "Off to play video games/watch movie/tv show", etc.

Who cares if it gets old? Does it get old when you say "bye/cya/later" in person to someone you see 50 times a day at school?

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You don't have to end texts. If she says something that doesn't warrant a reply, then simply don't reply.

Or just say "I'm off, cya" or "well I'll talk to you later" or "Off to play video games/watch movie/tv show", etc.

Who cares if it gets old? Does it get old when you say "bye/cya/later" in person to someone you see 50 times a day at school?

I see. So don't reply if I don't need to?

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

I see. So don't reply if I don't need to?

Yeah. Either that, or treat it like any other conversation, on the phone or in person. If you want to stop talking, just say some variation of "bye/got to go, etc", or simply don't reply.

On 3/15/2016 at 0:30 PM, elderago said:

no its simple give her space and move on. There is always going to be another girl abd eventually you will find your first real girlfriend....your only 14 man you have many years a head ?

and remember im gay and was born gay. I tried to date woman for yeard and it never worked out....so my view point is obviously biased xD

On 3/18/2016 at 5:36 AM, SamStrecker said:

The way you are talking about it in this thread is making me think you are clingy too. No offense we all might fanboy over something or someone. Just let them have their space, if they don't like you fine just talk as friends. Also be yourself

so were kinda good right now.

i notice we dont talk until something happens.

not between us, like something "excitioing" and "external"

On 3/20/2016 at 2:27 PM, Bajantechnician said:

so were kinda good right now.

i notice we dont talk until something happens.

not between us, like something "excitioing" and "external"

Good be freinds I know its hard at your age to understand but being freinds with womem IS NOT a bad thing, you learn a lot

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

1 minute ago, elderago said:

Good be freinds I know its hard at your age to understand but being freinds with womem IS NOT a bad thing, you learn a lot

also, we have this wierd hthing where well just starr at each other for like 5/10 seconds, until one of us says hi (me) or sup(her)

wierd. lol

39 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

also, we have this wierd hthing where well just starr at each other for like 5/10 seconds, until one of us says hi (me) or sup(her)

wierd. lol

Its normal conversations have those , dont worry too much

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

2 minutes ago, elderago said:

Its normal conversations have those , dont worry too much

nothing happenes after "sup" or "hi"

12 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

nothing happenes after "sup" or "hi"

oooh well move on then ,she isnt into you and is uncomfortable with you talking to her, its not your fault specifically but thats a big red flag to just not talk with her anymore. If she wants to talk to you let her but dont go out of your way to greet her.

7 hours ago, elderago said:

oooh well move on then ,she isnt into you and is uncomfortable with you talking to her, its not your fault specifically but thats a big red flag to just not talk with her anymore. If she wants to talk to you let her but dont go out of your way to greet her.

i see.

so just say hi, but let her start conversations

2 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

i see.

so just say hi, but let her start conversations

Also stop staring at her. Look at her, if she doesn't say anything, just nod your head and look away or keep walking.

Someone told me im too clingy, what do i do

Started by Bajantechnician, 18 February

Start using anti-static dryer sheets.

download.jpg.615c6ea31f38886decf57feb95d These work fairly well.

:ph34r:

Edited by SansVarnic
Fixed picture.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER