Microphone in my Headset make some kind of noise... T_T

syaoran7li

HEy Everyone,

Well Actually i just got my motherboard back from service center where i sent it to fix a problem which i created a topic abt here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42140-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-wont-boot-up-t-t-part-2/#entry739535

and after doing a few tests i was happy tat i got my system back... but now i have another problem...

normally i use skype and other similar apps to talk to friends and stuff... and now when i try to use my headset im hearing some noises and sometimes all of a sudden i hear sounds like gun shots, and sometime very loud hissing noise.. etc... i mean my friend told me he hears these noises when i am talking to him... so went in to recording devices>Listen> turned on listen to this device for microphone.. and then i also heard the same kind of noises my friend told me...

before i didnt have this problem only now...

so what could be the problem....

tried reinstalling the driver....

Hope u guys can help me.. Thanks ^_^

Processor: Intel core i7 3930k
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200
Ram: Gskill Ripjawsx 8Gb 1600Mhz
Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti
Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II
HDD: Samsung 1tb, WD 3tb cavier green
Ssd: Samsung 256gb
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age 2 Edition
Mouse: Razer Naga

Headset: Zebronics ZEB - 3100 HMV Headset

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

the cpu cooler definitly wont affect this.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Either the microphone in your headset has died or the audio components on the motherboard are faulty. Do you have a laptop to try and test the microphone? If not then I would contact ASUS again.

Thanks for the reply..

i just downloaded a new driver from realtek website and installed it...

and now tried talking and now there is no kind of noise... but now the microphone doesnt even pick up my voice.. i have to keep my mouth real close to the microphone to speak.. only then my friend can hear me....

and one more thing i noticed... when i had the problem... there was this option called conference mode it was on in the realtek hd audio manager.... and now its off... and now when i turn it on i can hear the noise and also i dont have keep my mouth close to the microphone to speak...  but if i turn it off i cant hear any noise and i have keep my mouth close to the microphone...

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

Try going to sound>Playback devices>(The microphone you are using)>properties>levels Make sure the level is turned up. Did you try using the microphone in another device to rule that out?

If it's some kind of humming or hissing noise, it may be the result of a ground loop. The easiest way to solve this problem is to use a ground loop isolator or connect the headset to some external DAC and/or amplifier, though for the price of one of those you may as well just grab a simple USB desktop microphone like an Audio-Technica ATR2100 or the previously mentioned Snowflake.

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

If it's some kind of humming or hissing noise, it may be the result of a ground loop. The easiest way to solve this problem is to use a ground loop isolator or connect the headset to some external DAC and/or amplifier, though for the price of one of those you may as well just grab a simple USB desktop microphone like an Audio-Technica ATR2100 or the previously mentioned Snowflake.

I think you should relearn what a ground loop is - they don't happen with onboard audio.

I think you should relearn what a ground loop is - they don't happen with onboard audio.

Lol... totally missed the motherboard part. Too used to having my own mixers and everything :/

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

Try going to sound>Playback devices>(The microphone you are using)>properties>levels Make sure the level is turned up. Did you try using the microphone in another device to rule that out?

I tried the microphone in another device and there too i couldnt even hear my voice unless i speaking close to the microphone...

I tried the microphone in another device and there too i couldnt even hear my voice unless i speaking close to the microphone...

RMA the headset if you can. If not, Zalman clip-on is pretty cheap on Amazon.com and similar on .co.uk

That means that the mic in your headset has died :/

• 1 month later...

Well i bought a new headset Razer Kraken Pro.... and i can hear myself really fine if im using the list to this device option.. but when im talking with someone else they cant hear me.. tat is they hear me so lightly but they can cleArly hear the fans or other noises..  what could be the problem?

today i got a Webcam which a friend bought for me.. Logitech C525 which has a built in Microphone.. so i tried using it... but still i can hear the bacground buzzing noise.. i have attached the audio file with the buzzing noise Untitled 1.. and untitled 2 is with everything else turned off like fans and TV... its just produces noise somehow... T_T

Also i attached a image of my recording options.. where u can see the microphone is alway on...

Hope u guys can help me...

also i have a doubt having a UPS right below the Systems makes this kind of noise?

Thanks..^_^

Untitled 1.mp3

Untitled2.mp3

post-7300-0-72102600-1383660562.jpg

RMA the headset if you can. If not, Zalman clip-on is pretty cheap on Amazon.com and similar on .co.uk

This, the Zalman clip-on mics are surprisingly good.

That's called background static - it happens on every mic...

ohhhh..... there is no way to stop it?

This, the Zalman clip-on mics are surprisingly good.

will try it out..^_^

unless you go for a really good mic, there is always going to be background noise.

try turning on background noise suppression.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

unless you go for a really good mic, there is always going to be background noise.

try turning on background noise suppression.

No - every microphone & piece of audio equipment has a noise floor.

ohhhh..... there is no way to stop it?

Normally I would say adjust the levels of the input device but you don't really have the option with your setup. Your best move would probably be to get a new microphone.

The first clip sounds to me like feedback, are you using speakers with this mic and do you have windows set to "listen to this device"?

The second clip sounds like a normal mic on a normal motherboard.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My mobo drivers have noise suppression built in - check to see if yours do, OP.

Unfortunately, as funny as it is true. 

The first clip sounds to me like feedback, are you using speakers with this mic and do you have windows set to "listen to this device"?

well ya i turned it on to hear how it sounds.. and then its like tat...

so its normal tat it sounds like tat? i mean the second clip?

is there someother way to check everything is working fine tat the person talking with me doesnt hear any noise or stuff?

the second clip sounds normal to me, I would just play around whit the volume levels until you get the best results. Otherwise the only other option is to start looking at usb mics.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.