Asus Rampage IV Extreme Wont Boot Up T_T (Part 2)

Go to solution Solved by syaoran7li,

RMA's are annoying, I had to RMA my MSI Z77 Mpower board a few months ago, because of a faulty PCI lane.

As long as you've got something to use in the mean time, then the time'll fly by.

As a side note, that's a very unbalanced build (Only 4GB RAM, 550TI, yet a 3930K), mind explaining its use to you? If you're going to use it for video editing then you'd need more RAM, and if you're gaming then you'd need a more powerful graphics card AND more RAM

Well i bought a gskill 8 gb 1600mhz ram... and i sent my board to a service center and got it after 4 weeks.. and its working fine now...

i do every stuff.... Gaming, Video Editing, Image Editing, Browsing etc...

and ya i know.... but i dont have enough money now cuz i used up all in the processor, cabinet, and motherboard... so it will take for my build to complete... ^_^

anyway Thanks Everyone.. ^_^

Hey... Everyone...

This is the continuation to my previous post here... http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/27000-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-wont-boot-up-t-t/

My system Spec...

Processor: Intel core i7 3930k
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200
Ram: Transcend 2gb 1333mhz (x2)
Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti
Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II
HDD: Samsung 1tb, WD 3tb cavier green
Ssd: Samsung 256gb
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age 2 Edition
Mouse: Razer Naga

Well i created a different thread cuz the problem is slightly different this time...

after the last time i got the not booting up problem.. for a few weeks it was completely fine.. and then 2 days back the problem came back... the problem is when i press the power on button nothing happens but all the LEDs in the motherboard were on... and so this problem came back and i eft the system on for a few hours and then it worked again....

and yesterday i got the same problem.. so i left it on for sometime and then when i tried to turn it on it restarted a couple of times it didnt even go to bios logo screen but kept restarting and after a few restarts it booted up.. and my date and time settings were wrong.... and everything was fine till yesterday night i turned it off and went to bed.. and today morning when i tired to turn it on the same problem there was no response... so i though since the time change it might be bios problem.... so i removed the cmos battery and inserted it again and then turned it on.. and then the restart loop came again but this time it didnt even boot up at all.. it keeps on restatrting till i turn the power off.  and then i thought maybe the battery was dead so bought a new one and tried to boot with it.. still it kept restarting and then i noticed something on the mother board...

one of the q-led was lighting up.. and i checked the manual and its the q-led for the processor... the bottom most one.... it happens like this.. when i press the turn on button it led lights up and then turns off and then restarts then again qled lights up and then turns off... it keeps happeneing even now...

so i serached through the internet with the help of a friend... and in one of the forums its written that first i remove both processor and ram sticks and then try booting up.. i tried but there was no response.. like the same problem i had before... and then i inserted just the processor and booted it up the qled lights up and restarts..

so wats the problem guys.... im completely confused... dont know what to do....

hope u guys can help me....

Thanks... ^_^

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

try hitting the power botton on the top right corner of the motherboard

try hitting the power botton on the top right corner of the motherboard

Thanks for the reply... ^_^

tried but still same problem....

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

try unplugging power from motherboard and attaching power on the motherboard again :)

Good Luck

try unplugging power from motherboard and attaching power on the motherboard again :)

Good Luck

Tried still same problem..

try replacing the gpu it might be kipping it not to post

try replacing the gpu it might be kipping it not to post

Tried staring up the system without the GPU still the same problem....

I just completely Disconnected everything took it out of the cabinet and assembled it on top of the box but still the problem is there... now i have asked my friend to bring over his PSU and will check using it... and will get back to u guys...

Sounds like a fault mobo, get that thing RMA'd asap.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Before you RMA the board you might want to try and flash the bios using Bios Flashback  Also if it is a older board you should run the bios converter tool from Asus first. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I call doa on the mobo but check with ur with the Psu

Tried a different PSU.. but still the same problem...

Sounds like a fault mobo, get that thing RMA'd asap.

Awwww.....!! tats the only thing i was afraid of... T_T

Before you RMA the board you might want to try and flash the bios using Bios Flashback  Also if it is a older board you should run the bios converter tool from Asus first. 

Tried the bios thing already but nothing worked.. T_T

Tried the bios thing already but nothing worked.. T_T

Then it's most likely DoA. RMA it as fast as possible

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Then it's most likely DoA. RMA it as fast as possible

Awww T_T.... will do that then..

RMA's are annoying, I had to RMA my MSI Z77 Mpower board a few months ago, because of a faulty PCI lane.

As long as you've got something to use in the mean time, then the time'll fly by.

As a side note, that's a very unbalanced build (Only 4GB RAM, 550TI, yet a 3930K), mind explaining its use to you? If you're going to use it for video editing then you'd need more RAM, and if you're gaming then you'd need a more powerful graphics card AND more RAM.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

• 1 month later...

As a side note, that's a very unbalanced build (Only 4GB RAM, 550TI, yet a 3930K), mind explaining its use to you? If you're going to use it for video editing then you'd need more RAM, and if you're gaming then you'd need a more powerful graphics card AND more RAM

Well i bought a gskill 8 gb 1600mhz ram... and i sent my board to a service center and got it after 4 weeks.. and its working fine now...

i do every stuff.... Gaming, Video Editing, Image Editing, Browsing etc...

and ya i know.... but i dont have enough money now cuz i used up all in the processor, cabinet, and motherboard... so it will take for my build to complete... ^_^

anyway Thanks Everyone.. ^_^

so what did the service center find out?

mine was bricked BIOS chips (both).

airdeano

When I first bought my rampage 4 extreme x79 with i73960x it wouldn't post sometimes and was very touch and go (crashing/hard-locking etc) until I found that an ATX mounting screw  in my corsair 800D was shorting it (bit too hasty in building it haha) ... It does sound like your situation is a faulty board though.

• 10 months later...

so what did the service center find out?

mine was bricked BIOS chips (both).

airdeano

well they didnt know what the problem was... they just gave me a fixed board and its been 8 months now and its wrking fine.. hope it stays like that.. ^_^

When I first bought my rampage 4 extreme x79 with i73960x it wouldn't post sometimes and was very touch and go (crashing/hard-locking etc) until I found that an ATX mounting screw  in my corsair 800D was shorting it (bit too hasty in building it haha) ... It does sound like your situation is a faulty board though.

well ya it was board problem.. ^_^