[Star Citizen] Update on package split pricing

Wauthar

As many of you may know, Star Citizen's game packages will be split as of February 14th. This means that the multiplayer aspect (the Presistent Universe) and the single player campaign (Squadron 42, episode 1) will have to be bought seperately and won't come combined in one game package.

This caused a bit of an uproar with the people holding off buying the game, because they would have to pay extra.

Now, on the latest Reverse the Verse (the show after Around the Verse) community manager Ben Lesnick explained how it will work: "After the package split, you will be able to buy either Star Citizen or Squadron 42 separately for $45 each - or buy one and then "add on" the other one for only $15 - so the total for both after the split will be $60."

This is also explained in a news post on the Star Citizen sub-Reddit.

Personally, I'm fine with this. I think it's a good solution for newcomers while keeping it fair at the same time. 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

$60 for two game is really good value, I do remember hearing that people said it might go up to $60 for one game but even still most modern games are retailing for around $60 with just a multiplayer (Looking at you battlefront) and there no where near as much content as Star Citizen has planned. Maybe I am just biased though from spending so much on the game already but I still think the prices are good for the product we should get.

P.S. I say should get because this is still a pledge for an unfinished game, we cant guarantee 100% that the game will be completed, but I stand pretty confident that we will get a lot if not all of it anyway.

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here