Linus 8GPU server is a jet engine!

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1PlKQnWzwRvGE

Just look at that thing go, holy shit.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Would love to view it but periscope..... (it's trying to force me to download phone app) 

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

Would love to view it but periscope.....  

you can view it on a browser as long as flash isn't blocked, what the problem then?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just now, AlexGoesHigh said:

you can view it on a browser as long as flash isn't blocked, what the problem then?

On phone it keeps asking me to download the app. 

Sound like a reference 290x to me.

/s of course.

Holy damn that is loud..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

On phone it keeps asking me to download the app. 

Ah, ok, save this for later then.

Must be those stock R9 290Xs.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1455220803824.jpg.ef7cf5acddab6cffe927da

Lol just made this

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I love when he goes in the other server room and closes the door, you can still hear this beast in other other room as loud as all the other servers combined! xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Most old school servers sound just like that. Them noise tells everyone you got the monies to buy expensive parts. lol

IMO, Seagate Cheetah Ultra SCSI HDD has the best start up sound.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I wonder what happens to a slice of garlic bread vs a Delta Fan, I am surprised Linus did not W/C that server for added cool points.  But my knowledge of water cooling is limited.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Just now, Kierax said:

I wonder what happens to a slice of garlic bread vs a Delta Fan...

It's like a black hole - as it approaches, the bread would be sucked in harder nearer the fan than where you're holding it and it would shred it before even reaching the blades :P

/s

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Lol just made this

Change that plane to an A380 and we have a better representation ;) 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

5 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

Change that plane to an A380 and we have a better representation ;) 

Done.

z12w9.jpg.8c3613b6c7da0873258622b7ccaa30

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

31 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

It really sounds like a Ju 87

vietnam flashbacks

Just now, jaffer said:

vietnam flashbacks

No Ju 87 were used in Vietnam lol.

Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

No Ju 87 were used in Vietnam lol.

lol rip. I don't know anything about planes and i was kinda expecting someone to correct me.

3 minutes ago, jaffer said:

lol rip. I don't know anything about planes and i was kinda expecting someone to correct me.

maybe you know something about flags?  Look at the plane again... I don't think Germany was in Vietnam ;)

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

maybe you know something about flags?  Look at the plane again... I don't think Germany was in Vietnam ;)

oh rip didn't notice that 

This is very brutal, but expected form a machine like this.
It is not designed at all to be next to you while operating. It's all about relayiability, redundence and keeping the HW as cool as possible for 24/7 operation.

That said, donate me the hardware and I passive cool it somehow :)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Just now, Stefan1024 said:

This is very brutal, but expected form a machine like this.
It is not designed at all to be next to you while operating. It's all about relayiability, redundence and keeping the HW as cool as possible for 24/7 operation.

That said, donate me the hardware and I passive cool it somehow :)

This thing is like the "anti-" of your builds :P

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's actually a Iron cross, more of a decoration and a status symbol than a flag really.

Pascal laptops guide

43 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Done.

z12w9.jpg.8c3613b6c7da0873258622b7ccaa30

Here is a better version of that image:

Meme.jpg