Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I think everyone should have an ssd. Due to that fact they have faster speeds in all categories, which for gaming, Is a great help especially in open world environments where you're constantly loading data as you go. That's my stand point from a gamers perspective. 

I've been wanting to invest in an SSD for a while now and bills are a bitch. So now that I'm gladly getting some income tax I can upgrade my computer! But if I could win an awesome looking SSD like this that would be awesome! SO good Luck to everyone in the contest, and I hope I win!!!!

Everyone should have a ssd because it is so much more smooth to use windows on one! 

I need more storage. I need more FAST storage.

Anyone that cares how fast their stuff loads should get an SSD!

I want an SSD because I have to wait forever for games to load, especially newer ones like GTA 5 and BF4.

Edit: my 1,100th post!

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I have a hard drive that I can hear. I want to put it in the other room of the house but I have not bought the house with the other room so am stuck with the unacceptable humming of a hard drive...please help...please allow me to have the silence of a AS330 Panther 240G solid state drive.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

I personally would like a new SSD because my boot times aren't great.

Everyone should have an SSD because running your OS and programs on an SSD just makes the most sense for a modern build. Surprising it doesn't come standard yet.

I currently have no PC. I am working on saving and purchasing the parts. I didn't originally plan on putting an SSD in but I would certainly like to try this one. so I can tell everyone whether or not to buy it.

i dont even have a SSD but i WANT one so bad but i dont havbe the money #GIVEAWAY

why everyone needs a SSD : It boots faster and is much faster than a HDD

I don't even own an SSD yet so it would be a great upgrade for my hardware. Prices are going down, so SSD's should become a standard part in every type of computer our there. 

Would LOVE one of these SSDs - currently using a Hybrid SSD on my desktop, and the added speed would be a fantastic bonus. :)

OS X: Mid-2012 Macbook Pro 15" Intel Core i7 2.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | 1TB Seagate Hybrid HD | 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | NVidia GeForce GT 650M 512MB

Windows: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7 GHz | 8GB Crucial RAM | Asus GeForce GTX 950 Strix 2GB | 250GB Crucial SSD |  Cooler Master N200

Current Project: 2700k Intel Windows/Hackintosh Build

My machine is a beast, and It deserve a ssd with that kick-ass skin.

although he is the best, my tintu has been getting fairly old now and i wanted to get an upgrade. If i win this i would be able to call the new pc i build black tintu (black panther duh).

Everyone should use an ssd because being able to boot up quickly can save your life if you are racing against the time to deactivate a bomb

Well my name is Rafael and the reason why i want this SSD is because i actually never owned one, i only have classic old harddrives even on my new build that i got on December 2015 by the way for anyone who is curious, i couldn't afford a SSD, the increase in performance would be awsome since i like to play many video games and somethimes make some gaming videos, nothing special but it's fun so i just do it anyway. Before i had this built my rig was actually a pc i salvaged from some people that gave me parts saying they died and i managed to bring some stuff back to life, i had like a Core 2 Duo E8400 and stuff, so now that i have a new pc i kinda am wishing for a new fresh SSD as well i guess.

I know i don't need to but i also think everyone should have an SSD on their system due to the performance increase, i mean i am studying software development and the computers at school were so slow that we were all forced to use our laptops, i mean if they had faster parts (including a SSD ofc) we would have far better quality to learn new stuff and to use the equipment from School specially for those people that don't own a laptop.

I wish everyone good luck on the giveaway and thank you Linus Media Group for making great content on youtube and for the giveaway.

My 120gb ssd from sandisk just died so I no longer have anything, so it would be nice to have a new ssd to load everything on.

Everyone should het an ssd because instead of 4+ minutes to load windows, it takes about 15-25 seconds! Its totally worth it!

I want to get my brother an SSD for his PC. I'm trying to convince him that it makes the boot time snappier.

I'm still running on 2 HDD's that slow down my desktop PC experience by a lot.

I would love to be a member in the SSD-squad finally. I'm ready for the speed and so is my PC!

Greetings, Felix

7 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would really like this ssd as i am going to build a pc in about 1 month. This would save alot of money. It looks awesome and fits the theme of my upcoming pc.

I would enjoy one because my build would probably benefit from it.

Everyone needs one because future, right?

Just built my first rig! gtx 950 is doing me proud! Using an old 300gb laptop harddrive because I ran out of funds! hehe

i5-6600k | MSI GTX 970 | Asus Z170I | Samsung 500GB 850 EVO M.2 | Kingston Hyper X 2133Mhz DDR4 8GB | Silverstone SG13 | Silverstone SST-ST55F-G

Recently I've started to save up money in order to get a completely new computer because my current one is in a state that it would require just that to improve it. But since I'm currently attending a 4 year college with a full schedule, I'm unable to work as much as I'd like thus making this whole saving up process take longer than it should. Any little help with getting any part of the computer I've been meaning to buy and build myself, would be a huge help.

7 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

My 3 year old kingstone 128gb sad died the other day, in desperate need of a replacement so this would be a warm welcome.

p.s - hello from Scotland :)

I'm currently working on my very first PC build and subscribed to linustechtips along with some of your other channels on YouTube because I found your videos to be very informative and helpful! so much so that it gave me the confidence to purchase the parts and start this build in the first place. My goal in this build would be to have windows loaded on a SSD while using my mechanical drive for storage in general. I currently have a 2tb WD black as my main drive and getting to use a SSD would significantly increase my performance in terms of boot up times and having the worry free mindset if I were to encounter software issues with the OS (viruses, critical errors, ect) that otherwise I would have to consider since I would only be using the one hard drive. Although I am new to the PC building world I am not new to computers and I remember when SSD's were introduced and how it made me feel even back then. I can safely say that everyone needs to have or should want to have a SSD in their build because there are so many pros vs cons to them. They increase read and write times, since it uses flash memory there are no moving parts to malfunction so durability and longevity are great in comparison to mechanical drives, they are smaller which gives you more room in your build and space can mean a world of difference depending on your projects needs. In short SSD's are awesome and a very welcoming experience in my opinion and I would absolutely love to own one of these and show it off if I was given the chance! 

A new but determined to stay for a long time fan,

David B. Aka kagamutora

I have an old hard drive on my laptop, and my laptop has the possibility to swap the cd reader with a hard drive. My plan is to change my current hard drive for an SSD, for windows, designing tools and my games. And put the old 1 Tb hard drive on de Cd bay.

I whose thinking on a 120 Gb SSD because of mi budget, so getting double for free would be amazing. Thanks for giving us these opportunity.

PS: sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain.

I think people everywhere should have a SSD / HDD hybrid system as Linus said in one of their recent videos. Right now large SSDs the size of storage HDDs just aren't accessible to the masses but as Linus showed us with the 3.84TB Samsung SSD they are on their way which is a good start.

If I use myself as an example I have a small PCI-e SSD (Revodrive 3) that I bought around 6 years ago that completely blew my budget at the time and was more than enough space and raw performance. With the bloated size of OS (thanks Windows) and the large size of AAA games all of the games I play were relegated to an old 640GB WD Black HDD I had lying around that I thought I'd never use again. Now my system is noisier, slower for a number of tasks and I wish I had one more up to date SSD to put a few of my favorite games and work material on to to increase enjoyment and productivity (don't even try scrubbing through 1080p footage stored on my mechanical drive)

Help me out Linus, Slick and Nick! THIS PC NEEDS YOU