This Is what PISSES ME OFF about consoles...

theereal

So before you go on a console fanboy rant and say Im a PC fanboy, NOTE: I own an Xbox One, and I like It, but this I dont like at all...

We all know PC games are haltered beacuse they dont want them to look soooo much better than their console counterpart, but for once, Ubisoft actually admits they haltered the PC version...

Qoute: "One good thing about The Division is we've always considered the PC as a separate platform," the developer went on to say. "We do have to keep it in check with the consoles; it would be kind of unfair to push it so far away from them"

Holy crap, this just pisses me off, thanks for listening to my rant...

How do you feel about this?

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-ps4xbox-one-lets-you-change-visual-se/1100-6434573/

There's sense behind it. Imagine the outrage if people's shiny new Titan X couldn't run it on high? No one would buy it because it was "unoptimized". 

I think this was Ubisoft trying to hide something.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Everyone knows they have absolutely no clue... remember "resolution is just a number" and "cinematic framerate"?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

????

What does that quote mean?

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Everyone knows they have absolutely no clue... remember "resolution is just a number" and "cinematic framerate"?

Yes, the "cinematic experience"....

Just now, theereal said:

But yeah, they have no clue... How on earth would it be "unfair"?  Honda doesn't hold back their F1s because it would be unfair to owners of a Civic... you get what you pay for, get over it!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

There's sense behind it. Imagine the outrage if people's shiny new Titan X couldn't run it on high? No one would buy it because it was "unoptimized". 

I think this was Ubisoft trying to hide something.

Have you ever play'd arma series

Is this the same Ubisoft that told PC gamers to go fuck themselves and buy a bigger GPU??

http://www.pcinvasion.com/ubisoft-trolls-pc-users-buy-bigger-gpu-comment

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Yea that really bugs me alot.  Like you purchase a Lamborghini right? Then you come drive it and the police say " Yea its not fair that you have the fancy sports car  and not everyone else does so were going to remove all the sports parts and replace it with shitty ass parts from other cars " 

Like what ? Excuse me ? Am sorry if my Car is better than your car it just is and you shouldn't be able to complain about that, it's simply more powerful.  Back in my day Devs actually push hardware to the limit the very limit, offering great graphics and gameplay. Like on my PS2 Tekken Tag? That thing made the Fan run really fast when it started loading because the Dev knew they could push the PS2 to it's limits giving off great graphics from a CD based game which was amazing at the time.

But now its all about equality and shit like that to make consoles feel like they're " Graphically superior" while they are from the previous generation they aren't from a PC perspective as  even a 400 dollar PC can beat one of the new gen consoles easily. Of course Used parts but still. 

They need to stop all this " Well if they can't look the same we all have to look the same " mentality. It's stupid and it only proves greed and not caring on what a dev does most, which is the push a console or PC to there limit. Look at Crysis when that thing came out it required ungodly amount of hardware to run decently. Then they placed it on consoles, which did look good but had issues because it was of course a console, they didn't do anything bullshitty about that they didn't reduce any graphics on the PC or anything else for that matter. Because they knew what the Console could do and what a PC could do. That is what devs and game developers need to realize, pushing hardware/software for any device and not being lazy and simply well we all the be the same in order to be " Fair "  

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

8 minutes ago, theereal said:

Unlocking a new era in gaming:

https://youtu.be/dU_PLAny33o?t=2m19s

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

Is this the same Ubisoft that told PC gamers to go fuck themselves and buy a bigger GPU??

http://www.pcinvasion.com/ubisoft-trolls-pc-users-buy-bigger-gpu-comment

well that, taken in combination with the OP's posted quote would explain a lot regarding why their PC versions are so poorly optimized.  Apparently they can just ignore efficiency since the graphics should be similar on PC and console... *facepalm*

To me there is a line, sure I'd like to see my PC games look better BUT I don't want to spend $700+ on a GPU because games aren't a priority of mine. I have a 780 and I love it, soon enough I'll get a 980 but it's still a bit too expensive for me to justify. That being said I think it would be "criminal" for a developer to push a game to where you can't play it on med-high with mid grade hardware. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Just now, Ramamataz said:

Yea that really bugs me alot.  Like you purchase a Lamborghini right? Then you come drive it and the police say " Yea its not fair that you have the fancy sports car  and not everyone else does so were going to remove all the sports parts and replace it with shitty ass parts from other cars " 

Like what ? Excuse me ? Am sorry if my Car is better than your car it just is and you shouldn't be able to complain about that, it's simply more powerful.  

You're just living in a capitalist illusion

What bugs me is that on PC we could have far better textures than console because that's what our cards are built for with their ridiculous amount of VRAM compared to console and much better texture fill rate. But textures honestly haven't improved much in games over the past couple of years because devs don't want to spend more on what the console can't handle. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

To me there is a line, sure I'd like to see my PC games look better BUT I don't want to spend $700+ on a GPU because games aren't a priority of mine. I have a 780 and I love it, soon enough I'll get a 980 but it's still a bit too expensive for me to justify. That being said I think it would be "criminal" for a developer to push a game to where you can't play it on med-high with mid grade hardware. 

But offering higher graphics settings doesn't have to make the game harder to run at low settings. That's the whole point of having graphics settings, so you can scale the game to the hardware.

2 minutes ago, mbryant said:

So beacuse your 780 would have to play the game on low settings, people with a titan x shouldnt be able to take advantage of It? You share the console mentality...

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

But offering higher graphics settings doesn't have to make the game harder to run at low settings. That's the whole point of having graphics settings, so you can scale the game to the hardware.

right but as of right now I can run GTA V on High at 3440x1440 let's say rockstar pushed the graphics capabilities of it, so now my ability to run it at High settings is hindered.... and as I typed this I understand what you mean, good point. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

20 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah, I think having a wide scale of graphics settings is essential to help out those on lower end hardware, but I would never expect, nor want the top-end settings to be reduced for any reason.  They're useful now to people with high power machines, and will be useful to everyone in a few years when they can turn up the settings and keep the game looking good.  I don't understand why devs feel the need to hold PC back for the sake of "fairness", or why games come out that have minimum requirements like a GTX 780.  If devs just offered a broad enough graphics scale, it could cover everything from the consoles and very low end computers up to the very high end systems and everyone would be happy.