Which is the cheapest GPU you can recommend?

Amigazazo
Go to solution Solved by SteveGrabowski0,
6 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

would it be good enough if I get the 750ti and 8GB of RAM instead of a 950? I'm still at 2GB of RAM because I didn't actually need more, I just design interfaces and icons in Photoshop, watch 720p Youtube videos and play CS:Condition Zero (I'll upgrade to CS: Source once I install the new GPU)

Wow, I found that hard to do on 4GB in Windows 7. A 750 Ti should be plenty to play Source games at 1080p with good framerates. If you can find any way to scrounge up the extra $30-$35 or so I'd really try to get the 950 and the RAM. It's just that GPUs are the thing that ages most quickly in a computer in the sense that games get more demanding graphically and new GPUs tend to still up the performance a lot, unlike with CPUs for example. But if your budget is hard and immovable the 750 Ti is still a nice choice. Anything below the 750 Ti you get into really lousy performance to price ratios for gaming.

"I can't recommend a cheap graphics card, they all suck!" but, which one would be the cheapest one without taking anything else in consideration? without asking things like "for video games?, 3D rendering?, Bluray?" etc

something like... "I don't recommend anything lower than this..."

Thanks in advance

The R7 265 better than a 750ti for the same price

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

750ti :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do not get anything lower than a 750ti, maybe an R7 260 if it's found for a decent price. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Probably the 750ti

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

750ti, maybe 660, and amd wise nothing less than a 260 or maybe 7570 at a good price, really its all about how much you pay

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

9 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

"I can't recommend a cheap graphics card, they all suck!" but, which one would be the cheapest one without taking anything else in consideration? without asking things like "for video games?, 3D rendering?, Bluray?" etc

Thanks in advance

I don't recommend anything lower than R7 260x/R7 370/GTX 950

Used R9 280,285, 280Xs , 270X, 7950s

They tend to go for around ~100$ on ebay and will clobber any new GPUs at that price range.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I remember seeing the R9 270 for $100 on retail, so-

The R9 270.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

The lower end GPUs are not bad IMO, it is just that customers that buy them want it to perform like a 970/390 which won't happen. However, one of the things you need to know is what resolution you want to play at because the cheaper end GPUs like 750/370/etc. will perform great at a resolution at say 1280x1024/1280/960 but will be a bit strained at 1080p.

One of my steam friends play BO3 with a 750Ti but needs to lower hist resolution to 1280x1024 with low-medium settings and he has 70-85fps in game.

So figure out the resolution first.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I was thinking about the GTX 960 but since MANY of you agree on the GTX 750ti (which happens to be cheaper, btw) I think I'm going with that one. I've been looking at amazon and it seems they're all 128-bit, I wonder if there's an even cheaper 64-bit version

GTX 580.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

That's kind of a dumb question, since I'd recommend a crap GT card to someone who just needs an HDMI output for video (e.g., some H81 boards don't have an HDMI out for the integrated graphics), but nothing less than a 750 Ti to someone who wants to play games.

9 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

I was thinking about the GTX 960 but since MANY of you agree on the GTX 750ti (which happens to be cheaper, btw) I think I'm going whith that one. I've been looking at amazon and it seems they're all 128-bit, I wonder if there's an even cheaper 64-bit version

It'd be a shame for you to waste more money than you need to or not enough money.

Otherwise you'll get a lot of different answers with different purposes in mind.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

That's kind of a dumb question, since I'd recommend a crap GT card to someone who just needs an HDMI output for video (e.g., some H81 boards don't have an HDMI out for the integrated graphics), but nothing less than a 750 Ti to someone who wants to play games.

that's a good point but I also mentioned... 

21 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

so I figure you wouldn't go for a cheap GPU just becuase of it's ports

Cheapest performance GPU = GTX 480/580

Want to just power 10 monitors? some odd brand GT 710's.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

3 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

so I figure you wouldn't go for a cheap GPU just becuase of it's ports

Yeah I would, if it's just for playing movies in the living room I'm not going to spend $100 on a GTX 750 Ti.

8 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

How's about instead you give us your budget,resolution, and current build? (Since it sounds like you're only interested in a GPU)

It'd be a shame for you to waste more money than you need to or not enough money.

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah I would, if it's just for playing movies in the living room I'm not going to spend $100 on a GTX 750 Ti.

fair enough. it's a Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge 3 GHz with 2GB RAM but the thing is... it's for general purpose. I want to be able to game if I feel like gaming (I wouldn´t mind 720p), some lightweight Photoshop (no 3D stuff), YouTube videos... standard usage, I guess

6 minutes ago, Amigazazo said:

fair enough. it's a Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge 3 GHz with 2GB RAM but the thing is... it's for general purpose. I want to be able to game if I feel like gaming (I wouldn´t mind 720p), some lightweight Photoshop (no 3D stuff), YouTube videos... standard usage, I guess

I'd get a GTX 950 and 8GB of RAM if you can afford it. The 950 can be found for about $130 and smashes the 750 Ti. Your CPU is quite strong but 2GB of system RAM isn't much.

15 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'd get a GTX 950 and 8GB of RAM if you can afford it. The 950 can be found for about $130 and smashes the 750 Ti.

would it be good enough if I get the 750ti and 8GB of RAM instead of a 950? I'm still at 2GB of RAM because I didn't actually need more, I just design interfaces and icons in Photoshop, watch 720p Youtube videos and play CS:Condition Zero (I'll upgrade to CS: Source once I install the new GPU) //EDIT sorry, I mean CS:GO