New forum but emotes still disappoint me

GER_T4IGA

We got an updated forum. GREAT!

But still I can't make this guy --> ;) like that --> ;-)

Makes me :(

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

The Emotes look the exact same for me

then go to facebook

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no one cares

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

1 minute ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

The Emotes look the exact same for me

i know but still, lil' tiny things that would amke me so much more :)

EDIT: or do you mean that those two look exactly the same on your screen o__0

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

i know but still, lil' tiny things that would amke me so much more :)

Yeah I know what you mean :D

Just now, Whorax said:

Probably because the only people that make smileys with the dash nose are psychopaths.

explain?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

then go to facebook

You salty bro?

3.Use

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I don't like the update,  it feels sooo cluttered!  I miss the old forum....It was easy and intuitive, this is ridiculously cluttered and messy.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

5 minutes ago, Reece Leu said:

Why would ;-) = ;) when ;) doesn't have a nose?

Do you have a nose?

3.Use

And no Dark Theme or mobile IP Board!

I mean there is dark theme but the old night theme was better by far.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

7 minutes ago, Whorax said:

Probably because the only people that make smileys with the dash nose are psychopaths.

3.Use

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

no one cares

Wrong, i do. And I am not NO one.

Are you no one?

3.Use

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

Wrong, i do. And I am not NO one.

Are you no one?

you don't have to be a smartass

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Do you have a nose?

Am I yellow? Do I have three lines that represent a mouth, and a pair of eyes? Is my head perfectly round?

No. Emoticons are meant to show emotions, and a nose does not partake in 99% of the emotions out there - sorry, son.

blackshades on

30 minutes ago, Marziman said:

I don't like the update,  it feels sooo cluttered!  I miss the old forum....It was easy and intuitive, this is ridiculously cluttered and messy.

Well the most interesting part was the upgrade of the mobile version for me. The desktop version feels new and unfamiliar but I don't think it is too bad.

26 minutes ago, Reece Leu said:

Am I yellow? Do I have three lines that represent a mouth, and a pair of eyes? Is my head perfectly round?

No. Emoticons are meant to show emotions, and a nose does not partake in 99% of the emotions out there - sorry, son.

And these specificly are transmitted in the form of facial expressions. Your point is sure valid but I fail to understand why making an alternative writing for that emote hasn't happened yet.

3.Use

Stop shitposting, you little smartass. If the absence of a fucking hyphen puts you off so much that you feel you need to throw your toys around on a thread, then take your complaints and get the hell off this forum.

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Well the most interesting part was the upgrade of the mobile version for me. The desktop version feels new and unfamiliar but I don't think it is too bad.

You have to realize, I still love Windows Vista, I am an old soul who eats ice cream every day because when I die I don't want to be the guy who says "Dammit!  I'm dead I wish I ate more ice cream instead of eating that kale shit my wife told me was healthy!  'Might was well eat some god damn poison ivy, thanks a fuck ton Whole Foods"

19 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

-snip-

Part of the problem is that it's on general discussion. It's supposed to be for tech-related discussions only. I came on to see what your complaint was, only to find you trolling around and being a smarmy littl ass. I don't need to have an interest in a topic to call someone out when they're being idiotic and obstinate. Go shitpost somewhere else.

Edited by Blade of Grass
Removed quote

if you want more advanced emotes make some yourself and embed them via a picture. BOOM. solution.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There is no reason for insulting remarks to be thrown around like the ones in this thread. Several users have been warned privately. Try to show a little self-control instead of exploding at something as trivial as this. Please remember the forum rules don't disappear whenever someone says something you don't like. There is never any situation in which any of you should be addressing people like that.

15 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Like seriously ...

You know it is called general discussion. If you have no interest in a topic there is not need in posting rude answers to it.

"General Discussion" does not mean it is here to be used like your personal facebook feed. If you have feedback for the forum, please post it in the dedicated section here, otherwise please use the status update feature on your profile page for random 1-line comments that you want to make a quick post about.