I have a few questions before i pledge...

Bigheart

So i have been looking at some videos, and have been thinking about pledging for a constellation andromeda, but i have some questions before i spend 275 on a game not even fully released yet. 

1: will they still let real money influence the game after release? 

2: how does upgrading work? (will i be able to add things like the p-72 archimedes to my ship later on)

3: What sort of people does the lttc need? id like to do exploration military or piracy, with some light trading, but me and my ship type are very flexible and i want to help.

1- I can't remember, so someone can correct me on this, but I don't think they will allow "pay to win" once it's out.

2-No idea as I don't own a Constellation, but others in the community probably do.

3- Right now, we don't really know because the PU isn't completely done yet. Afaik, we have enough people planning to do enough stuff where you can basically do whatever you want, be it mining, hauling, or military.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

15 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

So i have been looking at some videos, and have been thinking about pledging for a constellation andromeda, but i have some questions before i spend 275 on a game not even fully released yet. 

1: will they still let real money influence the game after release? 

2: how does upgrading work? (will i be able to add things like the p-72 archimedes to my ship later on)

3: What sort of people does the lttc need? id like to do exploration military or piracy, with some light trading, but me and my ship type are very flexible and i want to help.

Welcome to our little world down here. I guess you already tested it out then? If not check this thread

1: You will be able to buy ingame money from CIG directly however the amount will be limited per month and all item currently available for real money can be obtained ingame later. + there is always going to be a illegal gold trader out there but since player to AI will be a 1:9 ratio they can't destroy the marked

2: right now through the pledge store under ship upgrades. Later on you can sell you ship to supplement the purchase of a new one. Yes you can put an Archimedis on a Constellation Andromeda.

3: Whatever you want :) We'll work with what you have.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

2 minutes ago, Napper198 said:

Welcome to our little world down here. I guess you already tested it out then?

1: You will be able to buy ingame money from CIG directly however the amount will be limited per month and all item currently available for real money can be obtained ingame later. + there is always going to be a illegal gold trader out there but since player to AI will be a 1:9 ratio they can't destroy the marked

2: right now through the pledge store under ship upgrades. Later on you can sell you ship to supplement the purchase of a new one. Yes you can put an Archimedis on a Constellation Andromeda.

3: Whatever you want :) We'll work with what you have.

Adding on to this

1. Only limited amounts of UEC (United Earth Credits), the currency used in game will be available for purchase each month. This will not extend to being able to buy ships outright with real money, and will be be some major overhauls to the current state of UEC (I imagine anyway) to ensure that currency can not be traded and exploited.

2. Upgrades may be available for different models of ships (E.g. avenger titan to stalker or warlock) but you will either have to sell or trade in ships at retailers in order to change your ship or you may be able to trade them on the grey and black markets with other players (May be sketchy/not good values and I think CIG wishes this to be allowed to simulate real life trading and such)

3. UOLTTC/LTTC/UOLTT (We go by many names it seems :D ) Welcomes all people to our conglomerate and would like a wide variety of different roles. I know we already have a military structure but we are working on improving this as well as having a mining, trading, retail and many other roles in the conglomerate so whatever you want to do in the game we will more than likely be able to support you in some way!

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask us :)

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

2 minutes ago, abyss03 said:

Adding on to this

1. Only limited amounts of UEC (United Earth Credits), the currency used in game will be available for purchase each month. This will not extend to being able to buy ships outright with real money, and will be be some major overhauls to the current state of UEC (I imagine anyway) to ensure that currency can not be traded and exploited.

2. Upgrades may be available for different models of ships (E.g. avenger titan to stalker or warlock) but you will either have to sell or trade in ships at retailers in order to change your ship or you may be able to trade them on the grey and black markets with other players (May be sketchy/not good values and I think CIG wishes this to be allowed to simulate real life trading and such)

3. UOLTTC/LTTC/UOLTT (We go by many names it seems :D ) Welcomes all people to our conglomerate and would like a wide variety of different roles. I know we already have a military structure but we are working on improving this as well as having a mining, trading, retail and many other roles in the conglomerate so whatever you want to do in the game we will more than likely be able to support you in some way!

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask us :)

hmmm, so one cant buy ships outright with money which is good, but it seems that one can buy a ship with real dollars with an extra step by simply converting it to a set amount of uec each month, which is not so good. 

do you think that the amount of money they have available will be enough to tilt the game in favor of the more affluent?

and is it possible to take one ship from a certain line (like the constellation) and more or less outfit it with the positive attributes of its variants? like upgraded fuel reserves like the aquila? or a battery like the phoenix?

Just now, Bigheart said:

hmmm, so one cant buy ships outright with money which is good, but it seems that one can buy a ship with real dollars with an extra step by simply converting it to a set amount of uec each month, which is not so good. 

do you think that the amount of money they have available will be enough to tilt the game in favor of the more affluent?

and is it possible to take one ship from a certain line (like the constellation) and more or less outfit it with the positive attributes of its variants? like upgraded fuel reserves like the aquila? or a battery like the phoenix?

Hopefully they will balance it in a way so it doesn't become a money orientated game but I think it will come down to the skill of players and if you are part of an organisation or have friends, if they can back you up. For example the constellation isn't a great ship in a battle, its not bad don't get me wrong but against a couple of hornets or dedicated fighters its not likely to stand a chance against any pilot who can aim decently :D So bigger ship or more expensive doesn't automatically make it a better ship for every role.

Were not certain about these things just yet as the constellation is different models and not different variants so I don't think you will have the same modularity as the Avenger and others

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

8 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

As I said before, there will be 9 times more AI than players so no matter how hard players will push they can't mess up the economy. Second, the amount of UEC that can be bought from CIG is limited per month and probably player, too so they can at least on their side ensure that no one will exploit it. However nothing is set in stone yet.

The ships are supposed to be modular so you can change out entire modules (i.e. Nose and neck of the Aquilla and Body from the Pheonix) but this will vary from ship to ship

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

2 minutes ago, abyss03 said:

Hopefully they will balance it in a way so it doesn't become a money orientated game but I think it will come down to the skill of players and if you are part of an organisation or have friends, if they can back you up. For example the constellation isn't a great ship in a battle, its not bad don't get me wrong but against a couple of hornets or dedicated fighters its not likely to stand a chance against any pilot who can aim decently :D So bigger ship or more expensive doesn't automatically make it a better ship for every role.

Were not certain about these things just yet as the constellation is different models and not different variants so I don't think you will have the same modularity as the Avenger and others

Ha! i kinda figured that. the way i thought, was that since the constellation has a pretty decent cargo bay, the ability to dock with multiple ships, ample room for foot soldiers, and a dedicated fighter sloop, that one would go out with one or two fighters and conduct raids on merchants or perhaps aid in larger battles as a troop transport.

1 minute ago, Napper198 said:

The ships are supposed to be modular so you can change out entire modules (i.e. Nose and neck of the Aquilla and Body from the Pheonix) but this will vary from ship to ship

I was unaware of this for the constellation, thank you for clearing this up :)

2 minutes ago, Napper198 said:

As I said before, there will be 9 times more AI than players so no matter how hard players will push they can't mess up the economy. Second, the amount of UEC that can be bought from CIG is limited per month and probably player, too so they can at least on their side ensure that no one will exploit it. However nothing is set in stone yet.

awesome. that makes the game much more appealing to me. 

42 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

The people who have both time and money will be such a minority that they woun't be able to sway anything.  Since this isn't a player controlled economy (like every other MMO out there) any influx of money that is outside the normal channels, will show like a beacon to those who maintain the economy.  David Ladyman and an other gentleman (Harvard economist, can't remember the name) will be running it.  Also, unlike many other MMOs, there will be active DMs.  The devs will be present in major hubs and responding to complaints live, though the method of contact is currently unknown.

Outfitting the ships the way you want is pretty much a feature.  Right now, it's in its embryonic stage (note I didn't say infancy, since that stage is even a bit away).  As for how much, you will have a trade off.  You may be able to put those batteries in, but the fuel reserve may also occupy the same space.  So it may be one, or the other.  EVERYTHING has a physical space and that can be damaged by weapons hitting in those areas.  That also means that the extra space in your ship may only be able to handle so many or equipment that is so large or shaped.

2 hours ago, Bigheart said:

Welcome!

I think the other guys answered your questions so well that i'm not going to focus on them but wanted to just point out that unfortunately they need to keep a way servers up thus the UEC purchases, it's more for people that don't have the time to play the game so I'm guessing the UEC will be limited if say you play an average amount of hours a week.

Chris has said however that if this fails that they will look at selling ships or other sources of income, like tailored adverts put in game but just remember this is plan B.

The other thing is there will be a PvE vs PvP slider so if you feel like your being battered you can adjust the slider, the way I think this will work is there will be people flying from a to b and a random chance that they are put in your instance, you may find that they fly by or offer you help or blow you to smithereens, you won't however be able to limit the amount of occurrences which means it may be like being in a cave in Pokemon but this does mean if your worried about players affecting your game you can switch it to PvE.

16 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

Welcome!

I think the other guys answered your questions so well that i'm not going to focus on them but wanted to just point out that unfortunately they need to keep a way servers up thus the UEC purchases, it's more for people that don't have the time to play the game so I'm guessing the UEC will be limited if say you play an average amount of hours a week.

Chris has said however that if this fails that they will look at selling ships or other sources of income, like tailored adverts put in game but just remember this is plan B.

The other thing is there will be a PvE vs PvP slider so if you feel like your being battered you can adjust the slider, the way I think this will work is there will be people flying from a to b and a random chance that they are put in your instance, you may find that they fly by or offer you help or blow you to smithereens, you won't however be able to limit the amount of occurrences which means it may be like being in a cave in Pokemon but this does mean if your worried about players affecting your game you can switch it to PvE.

hmmm, this all sounds good to me. i really hope that they dont revert to plan b, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. i think that after i get my pc up and running im definitely going to give  this game a shot, which should come to fruition sometime in the coming week. do you think an amd 390 black edition will adequately run this game at 1440p on medium settings? or perhaps 1080p with everything maxed out. i have a skylake 6700k variant that will be overclocked to 4.4 ghz. 

1 minute ago, Bigheart said:

hmmm, this all sounds good to me. i really hope that they dont revert to plan b, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. i think that after i get my pc up and running im definitely going to give  this game a shot, which should come to fruition sometime in the coming week. do you think an amd 390 black edition will adequately run this game at 1440p on medium settings? or perhaps 1080p with everything maxed out. i have a skylake 6700k variant that will be overclocked to 4.4 ghz. 

I would think that would be more than ok, just to warn you the game package splits on feb 14th so it might be worth buying in now to save some money

2 hours ago, Napper198 said:
Just now, Bigheart said:

Currently it will run at about 20 - 30 fps in the universe but thats the same for everyone. I know @Adreyu has a 980 and runs 1440p and I think his runs pretty well so I would imagine you should also be fine :) user configs are possibly needed to mess with things though

9 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

I would think that would be more than ok, just to warn you the game package splits on feb 14th so it might be worth buying in now to save some money

yeah, i heard. i will buy into the game well before then. like i said, my pc should be up and running by the end of the week, so i should have enough time to get both game modes. 

10 minutes ago, abyss03 said:

hmmmm, mucho bueno. i know that this game isnt very well optimized at this stage, but im sure that facet will get better and better as time goes on. 

I can tell you right now this game will never be considered pay to win. Let me put it this way to you (numbers picked randomly):

Player A spends 5 hours a week playing. He earns about 10,000 UEC a week.

Player B spends 20 hours a week playing. He earns about 30,000 UEC a week.

Player A has a little extra money, so he buys 30,000 UEC.

Player A now has 40,000 UEC.

Player A buys a brand new ship with advanced weaponry, because he wants to be better at the game.

Player B upgrades his ship, because he wants to be better at the game. His ship is already insured.

Player A does not really understand the value of insurance, so he does not buy it.

Player A and Player B encounter each other and hostilities erupt. Player B is by far the more experienced player, and easily decimates the 'better' ship by being the more capable pilot, despite having what some would consider to be a disadvantage.

I have seen Auroras rip Hornet pilots to shreds. I have seen the 300 series tear apart Vanguards. Experience will trump a wallet, every time.

@CommanderFett has a point, I watched @Vivilacqua1 rip me to shreds on saturdays meetup despite having a weaker ship and I was ripping Super Hornets apart this weekend in a weaker ship and managed to go up the leaderboards by 500 in an Aurora LN.

With the weaker ships it's harder to dominate until you get use to the ships

17 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

@CommanderFett has a point, I watched @Vivilacqua1 rip me to shreds on saturdays meetup despite having a weaker ship and I was ripping Super Hornets apart this weekend in a weaker ship and managed to go up the leaderboards by 500 in an Aurora LN.

With the weaker ships it's harder to dominate until you get use to the ships

Very true, it was also wrecking most of us with his loadout which can be seen thanks to @Napper198's stream that can be watched here