If your phone sales are falling drastically, you know what you should do? According to LG, you should make more phones.

AlTech

I felt the G4 was overrated, I know a guy where his G4 has broken twice after software updates. Honestly I wish LG would make more midrange PC monitors, they certainly are underrated in that department.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

LG is my favourite smartphone manufacturer ATM.

Agreed LG make good phones

What LG suck at is marketing, having brand loyalty and people really considering them

LG need a new image, people just think of fridges, and maybe TVs

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

LG can't make good phones? If nothing they are better than Windows phones that I've used, based ony my experience on G2 vs Lumia 930 vs 925. Next phone is gonna be G6, I'm good till then. The devil is in the details. Hell my G2 is still great, which I can't say for S4 or M7. Saying they make bad phones just because of brand favoritism is just dumb, it doesn't matter if you like other brands or OS more, they are up there. No physical front button, keys at the back which are the best thing ever and that small bezel, ty I'm sold. Mind you, I think Samsung S6 and iPhone 6S are the best phones out there, but still prefer LG. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I can't. I'm sorry but frankly I've lost all respect for Android and IOS.

If it doesn't come with Windows Mobile or a brand new original OS or new smartphone concept. Then i'm just not interested. I don't like Android and i don't want an iPhone like experience.

What has made you lose respect for Android? It's an open os that you can do basically anything with. WinPhone is so locked down and lacks most of the apps that people use on a daily basis. With android, if i don't like how the interface or icons look, I can change them to suit my needs. It's by far the most customization and least locked down OS.

What has made you lose respect for Android? It's an open os that you can do basically anything with. WinPhone is so locked down and lacks most of the apps that people use on a daily basis. With android, if i don't like how the interface or icons look, I can change them to suit my needs. It's by far the most customization and least locked down OS.

All that is true, but to be fair it lacks optimization. Lots and lots of optimization. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, why can iOS and WP run better on phones that have much lower specs? Freezing, crashing, and opening apps. And much more. That is my problem, and almost everyone can agree. Btw I use 5.0.2 atm

I think their problem is the same one that HTC and to some extent Samsung has with naming the phones they put out, they always try to ape the success of their flagships by giving them similar names, what they actually do is create a fragmented market and confusion among consumers, as well as cannibalize sales of their flagships.

Take for example the HTC One series. The first flagship in that series was actually the One X, but then they released the ONE which is a much different phone, but released as the competitor for the Galaxy S4, it wasn't until the "M8" that the term "M7" was used to refer to that phone, and both of these phones had multiple lower end variants associated with them, with no real way to differentiate them from one another as they just used letter designations like "ONE V" or "ONE XL".

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I've owned too many LG phones to be able to say how much I generally love them. Software is usually a pain, but that's why I prefer their Nexus devices.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

this is true and is definitely one of the strengths of Android

However it is also the biggest weakness, most people do not want to, or know how, to do this. Most people, even myself, just want to turn the damn thing on and it work flawlessly out of the box

Sure for the tinkerer, and enthusiast they can load custom roms, install launchers, get root access etc etc, but that is the exception rather than the rule, and these people are the minority

Its not locked down, no, but its also overly complex, suffers from lack of optimisation, has so many versions and options its hard to know whats good and is generally fiddely

Windows OS is lovely to use, but there is NO software for it

iOS is a nice balance of easy to use, and great software availability, but its locked, and uses expensive hardware and requires the apple eco system

Honestly there is no perfect phone OS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

All that is true, but to be fair it lacks optimization. Lots and lots of optimization. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, why can iOS and WP run better on phones that have much lower specs? Freezing, crashing, and opening apps. And much more. That is my problem, and almost everyone can agree. Btw I use 5.0.2 atm

This is more of a manufacturer seller problem than a problem with the OS, how do you optimize an OS for so many different hardware configurations? On PC you leave that to individual component manufacturers to create optimized drivers for their hardware, but on phones that should be the job of the phone manufacturers, which so far has been pretty much ignored, as they like to further bog down the OS by adding bloatware and custom UI. I think the best bet for an optimized android platform is the Nexus series, which unfortunately is still outsourced to third party manufacturers, there's really no theme to the hardware, no variables that can be locked down and optimized for. Samsung is pretty good about it on their custom chip exynos phones, but the U.S. usually gets the Qualcomm chipset variants, which are generic and proprietary, and can't be optimized for the way an in house solution can the way iOS can be for Apple A series mobile chips. Windows phone can run well on lower end hardware because it's really featureless, and really comes with the stock experience on every phone, and app development for it just wasn't a thing until "continuum". Even now, some popular mobile apps will not develop an app for the platform.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

LG is a big company they don't just make flagships destined to north american markets the make a ton of phones for international markets.

-snip-

I was talking about Android in general, since that was what you were talking about, not LG specifically. Android in general needs optimization.

Windows OS is lovely to use, but there is FEWER software for it

Ftfy.. :)

What? LG makes awesome phones, LG G4, V10 just being some example. Try being a bit less biased 

They actually still have features on their smartphones that other manufacturers have abandoned. 

LG V10 was definitely phone of the year last year

All the phones I owned were LG... :P

LG Optimus 2X back in the day. The Nexus 5. I was looking at the LG V10, but I might get the Nexus 5X so I can put some new dBrand skins on it. I've been enjoying LG phones personally. The smart phone market is an aggressive one, so go balls deep or get ran over. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Ftfy.. :)

"But there is LESS software"

new fewer :P FTFY

That is my cake philosophy, even though my cake consumption is saturated, I think of producing more cake and shoving it into my face.

Oh like when I go to the supermarket and buy a big cake that says 6-10 servings, and I read that as 0.5-1 serving.

Or like I just ordered a box of 30 kinder Buenos, and they are the triple packs sold in shops, so I just eat three at a time instead of my usual two.

And then I wonder why I got fat, I totally eat healthy, must be genetic.

Linus is my fetish.

I like LG phones. Would never buy one because they're too big for me personally but good phones none the less.