Recommending videos for Linus to do.

Dionyz

I do not see an section on the forums about "recommending videos", so I am hoping I am not breaking the ToS. Anyways I really want to see videos about:

1) Steam Link vs Nvidia shield streaming

2) External video cards for laptops. An cheap adapter (EXP GDC 7.0) vs an top end one (Alienware). How do the results vary?

3) Dying power supply fan. Is it okay to replace it with an random case fan? (Meaning plugging into the motherboard. Rather than the PSU unit) At what temps would it be considered unsafe for the PSU?

First two (especially the second) sound like great vids.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I can give you an answer to the third one, simply if the fan you replace the original with pushes the same amount of air or more it would be acceptable to cool the psu with it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Does linus read the forums?

yes, a little here and there.  He's very mysterious and you never know what will get his attention :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Does linus read the forums?

Once you have compiled your list of suggestions, I've been told that the best way to get the attention of the Powers That Be is to send a PM to Nicklmg

And no, this isn't against the rules. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Number 3 sounds nice. Replacing fans on items that aren't very easy to replace like GPU's, and PSU's.

1)Crossfire vs SLI across high-end and low-end cards: do high end or low end cards get more proportional benefit from multi-card setups?

2)100% AMD Build and performance compared to 100% Intel/Nvidia builds

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Number 3 sounds nice. Replacing fans on items that aren't very easy to replace like GPU's, and PSU's.

building on this idea, perhaps some crazy CPU or GPU mod (but something actually reasonable most people could feasibly do and still looks half decent) involving the cooler, like putting some massive CPU cooler on a GPU, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I am actually a very active here for the most part.

I usually browse on my phone so it's hard to reply but I read more than you probably think :P

Not touching the PSU one with a 10 foot pole due to liability concerns, but some other suggestions not too bad.

building on this idea, perhaps some crazy CPU or GPU mod (but something actually reasonable most people could feasibly do and still looks half decent) involving the cooler, like putting some massive CPU cooler on a GPU, etc.

That would be cool, sticking a hyper 212 evo on a mid-range GPU.

I am actually a very active here for the most part.

I usually browse on my phone so it's hard to reply but I read more than you probably think :P

Not touching the PSU one with a 10 foot pole due to liability concerns, but some other suggestions not too bad.

Not touching it with a 10 foot pole? That means you have a pole! Firepole 2016 confirmed.

One thing I would add to the list is how to get sponsors.

I'm sure a lot of us on YouTube would love to know exactly what part of the company to contact, when should we try to get sponsors, and what price points should we get.
(I'm sure a lot of people are worried about over or under pricing)

Another thing I would add to the list is how to make a hackintosh. Maybe one that dual boots.

One thing I would add to the list is how to get sponsors.

I'm sure a lot of us on YouTube would love to know exactly what part of the company to contact, when should we try to get sponsors, and what price points should we get.

(I'm sure a lot of people are worried about over or under pricing)

Another thing I would add to the list is how to make a hackintosh. Maybe one that dual boots.

They did a Hackintosh build guide. Quite a detailed one.

And you can't tell people what price points to expect from sponsorship, you aren't allowed to disclose that.

Just email the PR/media relations people.

They did a Hackintosh build guide. Quite a detailed one.

And you can't tell people what price points to expect from sponsorship, you aren't allowed to disclose that.

Just email the PR/media relations people.

Thanks. I will check out that video.

As far as not disclosing. Saying the abouts isn't disclosing. But, I have to say that making a video like this could be boring.

Linus must buy the avegant glyph and tell us all how it feels.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

PSU thing is actually covered by forum mod @MG2R. Its modding thing since you immediately void warranty by opening casing. And risk getting serious electro shock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

PSU thing is actually covered by forum mod @MG2R. Its modding thing since you immediately void warranty by opening casing. And risk getting serious electro shock.

Yup. Links in my sig. PSUs are still running great :)

As a couple of others have mentioned: this is a risk. You WILL void your warranty (both on the PSU, and you life). If done badly, you run a serious risk of shocking yourself.

I should start wearing a shirt that says "do as I say, not as I do"

Ok , This might be the dumest question/idea fart iv ever posted on this forum BUT THE HUT , How do you qualify as a  Enthussiest or a PC master race Person ? Is there a list that the noobs around the world have to follow ? Can there be a list that Linus can make ? Do you think marring my R9 285 GPU makes me a auto PC purest ? Im i going to get banned from this forum

( praze be gabN not ) just becasue i fart posted this ?

Aside from the Bs the main question is : What makes a Pc purest a pc purest and if that purest was to make a list on how to be a Pc purest , What wwould the list inclued ?

(⌐■_■) 

I had an idea for some videos doing case mods with Arduinos.

You could have RGB LEDs controlled by Arduino, or perhaps a DIY fan controller. There's probably plenty of other ideas that I just can't think of.

I was thinking of doing the LEDs myself, when I have the resources (i.e. when I am not poor and in the middle of moving house).

Yup. Links in my sig. PSUs are still running great :)

As a couple of others have mentioned: this is a risk. You WILL void your warranty (both on the PSU, and you life). If done badly, you run a serious risk of shocking yourself.

I should start wearing a shirt that says "do as I say, not as I do"

I have watched that video when I first started doing changes to my PSU, but since I was not good at modding I did an 30 second fix. Cut the cable to my PSU fan, remove it. Then place an random case fan and plug into my motherboard (Asrock Z97 extreme 3)

So I have bypassed everything that had to do with the PSU motherboard.. Problem is about 2 weeks later the PSU died. I was not sure why it died, but assuming it didn't have enough air flow or it was just too old.

tbh content wise id just like to see more glitter covered internals maybe get 5 pounds of glitter next time

like don't get me wrong 3 pounds was awesome but yeah... more glitter

post-263391-0-82103000-1453941382_thumb.

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC

tbh content wise id just like to see more glitter covered internals maybe get 5 pounds of glitter next time

like don't get me wrong 3 pounds was awesome but yeah... more glitter

I think there should be a glitter res that feeds a small amount into the fans continuously for all the fabulous :D