Want to be an Audiophile?(FULL BUDGET SETUP GUIDE)

Marziman

I watched Tek Syndicate does that make me a audiophile now? "As I listen to my M50x's on my O2DAC/AMP"

Absolutely! Welcome to the club! Your decoder ring is in the mail.

Absolutely! Welcome to the club! Your decoder ring is in the mail.

*DAD ring, or "digital to analog decoder" ring

Notice the opinion part

I chose the Schiit stack here because of the expansion ability.  You can get higher Ohm headphones as you move up. Now to address the ATH-M50X's, I put them in this list because they're more recognizable and mainstream.  Not a lot of people know Shure and I think that one of their closed backs deserved a place in this list. I left the list open for suggestions. Thanks for the feedback I'll fix it  :) The AMP/DAC will stay.

WHAT! Not many people know who Shure is, there a bigger company then audio technica for a reason. Shure the company which is well know for making one of the best microphones know to the planet.

The Dick of the audio page!

And my point about pairing the Magni 2 with a high sensitivity, low impedance headphone? Not addressed by swapping out the M50X for the MDRV6.

As for budget, what is "mid-range" supposed to mean exactly? You say that the HD8DJ is out of "mid-range" budget, but you recommend the $200 Schiit stack and $300 X2. Why not go for the HD8DJ and ... yeah, just that?

This is what I mean when I say that your guide doesn't properly address the allocation of funds. Anyone can put together a list of gear that isn't terrible; the real utility in such a list is telling people what to get given specific monetary constraints.

The X2's are 200$ USD(193$ USD to be exact).  My goal was to stay within the 200$ range without passing the 250$ threshold.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

The X2's are 200$ USD(193$ USD to be exact).  My goal was to stay within the 200$ range without passing the 250$ threshold.

The X2's are $200 USD USED. So you can't reliably say they will be that price. New they're still $250+. And they still don't need an amp to be driven. So this is all pointless.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

The X2's are $200 USD USED. So you can't reliably say they will be that price. New they're still $250+. And they still don't need an amp to be driven. So this is all pointless.

Actually on massdrop they are 200 now

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-fidelio-x2

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Actually on massdrop they are 200 now

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-fidelio-x2

Fair enough. I still don't get the point of this post.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

Fair enough. I still don't get the point of this post.

I agree completly.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

And my point about the amp and DAC? Unnecessary for either the X2 or M50X. And either way, that's 50% of a $400 budget on something that is probably useless. Why not get the HE-400i at that point, or HD650. Plenty of competent headphones within reach of that budget.

And my point about the amp and DAC? Unnecessary for either the X2 or M50X. And either way, that's 50% of a $400 budget on something that is probably useless. Why not get the HE-400i at that point, or HD650. Plenty of competent headphones within reach of that budget.

Because in my opinion(Owning the 400i's) Planar isn't my favorite sound.  

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Because in my opinion(Owning the 400i's) Planar isn't my favorite sound.  

That isn't the point. Any number of headphones could be slotted into that budget, planar and otherwise. 50% of funds on amp and DAC for headphones that will be unable to utilize them?