I attempt to settle probably the biggest argument on this forum: FX misconceptions

After seeing what I would probably consider as the worst fucking flame war, I really wanted to start clearing up misconceptions about the FX series.

Anyways, here goes nothing and a probable permanent ban.

1) The FX can't game/s poorly.

Fact: No. Stop right there. The FX can game. And it can game well. In games that are poorly optimized (something along the ranges of CSGO or Arma 3) it's gonna lag behind even the Core i3s from Ivy Bridge days. In games that are properly optimized (Dirt Rally, Grand Theft Auto V, Just Cause 3 to name a few), the FX series will easily keep up with a Haswell and get within backstabbing range of a Skylake i5 while typically being a bit cheaper.

2) You need separate coolers to cool the FX-8xxx!

Fact: This depends. If you're overclocking, yes. However, if you aren't, then you don't really need one unless a bit of noise bothers you. In that case, I'd highly recommend something along the lines of a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or a Cryorig H7. However, I'd personally recommend an aftermarket cooler, because it never kills to have a better cooler than stock cooler.

3) The FX runs hot!

Fact: It dissipates more heat. That does not mean it is hotter. The FX-8320's and above's TDP of 125 watts means it's pumping some heat into the case. The FX-8320/70e is a special exception as its TDP of 95 watts means it really doesn't pump more heat than an i7-4790.

4) Motherboards for it cost too much!

Fact: If you're getting a nicely OCable CPU, you're obviously planning on a decent motherboard. Saying that you need a great motherboard to run an FX-8350 at a 4.5GHz OC is like saying that an i5-4690K needs a high end motherboard to get a good overclock. It's kind of a "Well, duh." situation. That being said, if you're approaching really expensive $300+ territory, go Intel.

That's all of the myths I can think of at the moment. If you've got anything decent to say, comment. I will get moderators here if things get ugly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

we know 
And it still games poorly, will not 'keep up with haswell', even clocked lower. Making broad statements like that with no specifics makes me question what the fuck you are talking about. What an i3-4130?  or a 5960x?

And bulldozer is still shit. 

Wake me up when we get Zen 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It dissipates more heat. That does not mean it is hotter.

myth: more watts TDP = dissipating heat

More watts TDP = more energy/sec being transferred into heat by the chip = higher temperature. I'm pretty sure hotter means higher temperature. Further more, this energy is not dissipated by the chip (for the most part); the heatsink does that work. If you have a chip with a higher TDP than another, and you run both on a heatsink with the same TDP, the chip with the higher TDP (FX) will run hotter, assuming they both have a high enough TDP that the heatsink can't cool to room temperature.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

that's your opinion not a fact

actual benchmark numbers = opinion 10/10 would logic again

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

actual benchmark numbers = opinion 10/10 would logic again

The FACT that it has much lower FPS than other Intel CPUs is a fact. Your OPINION is that it isn't good for gaming.

Well the first point is subjective to what you call poorly, they do run games less effectively than intel, but it is subjective in this context so ones man's trash is another man's treasure

2nd and 3rd point are fine

The 4th point shows how amd cpus are not as cheap as they appear to be due to the moba cost, though people do exaggerate this issue it is still an issue

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Dude first of all chill and that's your opinion not a fact

Bulldozer = Shit. Fact. 

Literally everything about it is a shame. The low IPC, the shared cache, the destruction of the AMD mobile market, everything. It made their engineers want to either murder the marketing team or commit suicide, and it's so terrible intel has been slacking off since they have no high end competition. 

There is no way I should still be using a 2600 in 2016. That's AMD's fault. Since they've given intel no competition. 

The games that do take advantage of an 8 core bulldozer are properly optimized to run on 8 or more threads, of coarse it comes a bit closer to a  4 core 4 thread i5, I mean like what the fuck. 

The games that are 'improperly optimized' simply demonstrate the bulldozer fails on a per-thread basis. 

Supporting bulldozer is asinine. It's what lead to the current slump in enthusiast CPUs.

You can use cpus from 5+ years ago like the 2500 and 2600 (even non-k) and still game perfectly with little or no bottlenecks. I mean what the fuck. 2005-2010 that would NOT have happened....you know...when AMD was competitive? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

FX may not be that bad, but i still wish i got an i5...

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Bulldozer = Shit. Fact. 

Literally everything about it is a shame. The low IPC, the shared cache, the destruction of the AMD mobile market, everything. It made their engineers want to either murder the marketing team or commit suicide, and it's so terrible intel has been slacking off since they have no high end competition. 

There is no way I should still be using a 2600 in 2016. That's AMD's fault. Since they've given intel no competition. 

The games that do take advantage of an 8 core bulldozer are properly optimized to run on 8 or more threads, of coarse it comes a bit closer to a  4 core thread i5, I mean like what the fuck. 

The games that are 'improperly optimized' simply demonstrate the bulldozer fails on a per-thread basis. 

Supporting bulldozer is asinine. It's what lead to the current slump in enthusiast CPUs.

You can use cpus from 5+ years ago like the 2500 and 2600 and still game perfectly with little or no bottlenecks. I mean what the fuck. 2005-2010 that would NOT have happened. 

Again CCCCCHHHHHHIIIIIILLLLLL out when you make any cpu for yourself call me because you have no authoritative right to say that an AMD cpu is shit because without AMD Intel wouldn't be where it is. AMD gave INTEL the rights to the x64 platform which is what you are using right now. Also without AMD Intel would be a monopoly and due to American Anti-Trust laws Intel would split up into around three to four groups of itself all making cpus independently.

I am very happy with my FX 6300 and my Laptop (A10 5750m)

I am not happy that my Laptop died, so now I have to use a Prescott Pentium 4 Desktop.

I'll will be upgrading to Zen, but that is because I can afford to and NOT because I need too.

FX doesn't game well? Damn, I'm glad nobody told my FX6300 that or I'd be sad.  :lol:

-KuJoe

Shit mobile Bulldozer APUs are the problem, prefer a Penryn Core 2 Duo Mobile CPU instead of my shitty 5745M.

Oh yes FX desktop will run any game, but in some games it won't be at a frame rate like Sandy or higher.

Shit mobile Bulldozer APUs are the problem, prefer a Penryn Core 2 Duo Mobile CPU instead of my shitty 5745M.

Oh yes FX desktop will run any game, but in some games it won't be at a frame rate like Sandy or higher.

I used to support the mobile APU platform, back when bulldozer was newer. The CPU side WAS shit, but the GPU department was far better than anything intel had at the time of the first line of amd APUs, and it was kinda nice to see some med-low end laptops that could game. 

Unfortunately it's no longer competitive, and worse yet made the cpu side of current gen game consoles a mess

muh specs 

All parts black

I used to support the mobile APU platform, back when bulldozer was newer. The CPU side WAS shit, but the GPU department was far better than anything intel had at the time of the first line of APUs, and it was kinda nice to see some med-low end laptops that could game. 

Unfortunately it's no longer competitive, and worse yet made the cpu side of current gen game consoles a mess

I got a APU laptop just for a "GPU" upgrade over my Core 2 Duo laptop until i realize it was a bad choice as the CPU performed the same as my Core 2 Duo laptop.

Not to mentions it throttles a lot....it idles at 80-90C.

First, I used to build AMD almost exclusively. No longer worth my money 

I'm not dissing AMD without cause or never having used it. 

I'm stupid. I'm dissing AMD because they are putting out shit products, and intel gets to be asleep at the wheel in this market thanks to that. 

I mean do you remember the original AMD dual cores? I mean holy shit I thought I'd never touch intel again. 

I read exactly what you said. My claims are not illegitment. They're back-but numbers WOW! What a concept! Some of AMD's one-off itx products even used the intel platform, they themselves know they can't compete in the high end...or the compact area either. 

edit-

I grow tired of mods trimming my comments without telling me, especially when they were not personal attacks or anything. Oh, and when they edit again to remove the complaint.

I don't know why I even try on this forum. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Also they're excellent budget rendering CPU's. This is a big one and you should add it. Even a FX-6300 does a great job at rendering.

But, if you can get an i5 instead of an FX, then get one. i3's aren't worth it, because you really can't do video recording or streaming with one. You can get by with a FX series, although it's nothing special. That's an area they excel in.

After seeing what I would probably consider as the worst fucking flame war, I really wanted to start clearing up misconceptions about the FX series.

Anyways, here goes nothing and a probable permanent ban.

1) The FX can't game/s poorly.

Fact: No. Stop right there. The FX can game. And it can game well. In games that are poorly optimized (something along the ranges of CSGO or Arma 3) it's gonna lag behind even the Core i3s from Ivy Bridge days. In games that are properly optimized (Dirt Rally, Grand Theft Auto V, Just Cause 3 to name a few), the FX series will easily keep up with a Haswell and get within backstabbing range of a Skylake i5 while typically being a bit cheaper.

2) You need separate coolers to cool the FX-8xxx!

Fact: This depends. If you're overclocking, yes. However, if you aren't, then you don't really need one unless a bit of noise bothers you. In that case, I'd highly recommend something along the lines of a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or a Cryorig H7. However, I'd personally recommend an aftermarket cooler, because it never kills to have a better cooler than stock cooler.

3) The FX runs hot!

Fact: It dissipates more heat. That does not mean it is hotter. The FX-8320's and above's TDP of 125 watts means it's pumping some heat into the case. The FX-8320/70e is a special exception as its TDP of 95 watts means it really doesn't pump more heat than an i7-4790.

4) Motherboards for it cost too much!

Fact: If you're getting a nicely OCable CPU, you're obviously planning on a decent motherboard. Saying that you need a great motherboard to run an FX-8350 at a 4.5GHz OC is like saying that an i5-4690K needs a high end motherboard to get a good overclock. It's kind of a "Well, duh." situation. That being said, if you're approaching really expensive $300+ territory, go Intel.

That's all of the myths I can think of at the moment. If you've got anything decent to say, comment. I will get moderators here if things get ugly.

4) the Cheapest motherboard that won't burst into bright red, AMD themed flames when you put the chip in there is 70$, as compared to abou 30-40$ on the intel side.

3) You know litteraly nothing about TDP.

2) pretty much correct, except you also commonly need a fan on your VRM/socket to actually get anywhere.

1) The biggest BS here. it games piss poor as compared to all similarly priced option, you can get an intel setup for less often, or even the same, at worst, a little bit more, bdepending on the prices ATM. "Backstabbing range" Yeah, totally fucking not. Need I mention minimum frames, frame timing, stuttering, etc?

And just for the hell of it: @Dabombinable

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Bulldozer = Shit. Fact. 

The games that do take advantage of an 8 core bulldozer are properly optimized to run on 8 or more threads, of coarse it comes a bit closer to a  4 core 4 thread i5, I mean like what the fuck. 

You can use cpus from 5+ years ago like the 2500 and 2600 (even non-k) and still game perfectly with little or no bottlenecks. I mean what the fuck. 2005-2010 that would NOT have happened....you know...when AMD was competitive? 

Bulldozer is not being sold anymore. Piledriver is.

what is the difference?

higher IPC

lower memory latencies (still bad)

equal or higher clock speeds

4) the Cheapest motherboard that won't burst into bright red, AMD themed flames when you put the chip in there is 70$, as compared to abou 30-40$ on the intel side.

2) pretty much correct, except you also commonly need a fan on your VRM/socket to actually get anywhere.

1) The biggest BS here. it games piss poor as compared to all similarly priced option, you can get an intel setup for less often, or even the same, at worst, a little bit more, bdepending on the prices ATM. "Backstabbing range" Yeah, totally fucking not. Need I mention minimum frames, frame timing, stuttering, etc?

Dab doesnt have any valid counter arguments anymore except "its old" "its CMT" "its AMD"... ive disproved his arguments by now.

TDP is indeed how much heat it kicks out, and it is indeed higher on AMD then on Intel. The heat argument is retarded indeed.

You need airflow for any mobo VRM, even intel boards are designed with a stock cooler pushing air down towards the socket and propegating out from there. Seriously, no modern consumer motherboard ever is designed NOT to have any airflow across it. They all need a little airflow. Typically, if you have a case configured with front intake and back exhaust, then you should be fine.

Some AMD boards, especially FM2+ and cheaper AM3+ boards, come without VRM heatsinks. these boards are the ones to watch out for. As they arent going to be safe with any CPU above 95w (so that leaves FX 6300, FX 8320e, FX 8370e).

The cheapest boards to be able to whitstand an AMD FX8 is the 65 USD ASRock 970m Pro3 and 65USD Biostar TA970. These boards feature decent quality VRMs and MOSFETs. So despite being 4+1 phase, they are able to handle stock 125w CPUs. Or mildly overclocked 95w CPUs. Overclocking with a FX8 would require some exotic VRM cooling solution though.

Phases are not everything. They are more of a marketing buzz word these days. Please read this thread to learn more about it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/973918/a-clarification-of-phases-also-re-exploding-gtx590s

http://www.overclock.net/t/943109/about-vrms-mosfets-motherboard-safety-with-125w-tdp-processors

and for your last argument:

i3 4130 is equal the 6300.

Skylake i3 6100 is better if you use Z170 board + 2666MHz RAM or faster.

if you need proof that memory speed matters. check out this thread written by Magetank.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486004-impact-of-memory-speed-on-gaming-performance/

the "awesome" part of the 6300 is that it can perform between the 4130 and a 4450.

do not take my word for it. watch ALL these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIRYS0xMZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNsQKALO4nM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRbd53JTJU

FX overclock. is there a real benefit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBs3wZw0xnE

FX vs FX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koiBqmZ2VpE

"average gamer with FX setups: 6300 + R9 380"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buRYuvTKM60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMI6b3FY28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZokrLWydMY

4690k vs 8350 in terms of GPU behavior (specific to JC3 so far due to some issues with drivers/game code. Though can happen on other systems too.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBBw5nssai0

here is some static benchmarks:

4690k vs 8350

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1261

Gaming_03.png

13839429194717.jpg

70810.png

70811.png

70816.png

70813.png

70818.png

70814.png

70819.png

70824.png

70829.png

ashes-gtx980.png

ashes-r9390x.png

as we can see, FX gets uniform increases no matter what under DX12. Whilst Intel see little to negative performance on Nvidia GPU hardware. On AMD hardware, we see the CPU bottleneck being "removed" due to how DX12 works. Thus everyone gets a massive increase in performancel

Ashes of the Singularity is STILL in early alpha.

here is an example of frequency dependent game:

70817.png

Bear in mind.

The FX 6300 costs $90~ish USD, a decent 4+1 970 board with mild OC headroom (capable of sustaining 4.2Ghz core clock) is about 70 bucks. Cheaper boards can be had, but OC would be unwise.

an i3 4170 is around $110~ish USD, a decent board that has all Sata3, not sata2, is around 55-70 bucks....

an i5 4460 is around $175~ish USD, and a board is around 55-70 bucks.

Given that the i3 is more expensive, for the CPU, we should see more performance. And given that the i5 is NOTABLY more expensive, actually costing nearly twice that of the FX, we should see much higher performance. reality however is that we do not... We see increases or decreases on a game by game basis. Which means that we have to look at use case.

First off: haswell is dead, just like FX.

There is no new parts coming for Haswell, ironically FX just got a new 970 board from Asus during CES and more boards ARE on the way, as AMD is doing one last platform refresh this spring before ZEN. FX is still dead. there is not enough performance gain going with a FX8 core to justify "upgrading". However upgrading on intel comes at a notable cost.

So given that the FX 6300 can span between a i3 4130 and a i5 4450 we can conclude that for the sub $175 USD CPU market. FX 6300 makes sense from a price to performance standpoint.

There is also the argument of chipset features. an argument often overlooked, but still relevant.

Skylake isnt as much the IPC or DDR4 improvements as it is PURE CHIPSET improvements. the Z170 chipset really make me regret buying a Haswell i7 4790k + ASUS ROG Hero board last summer. i should have waited and gotten a Z170 board + 6700k.... but i digress.

What you buy into with Skylake is "the future". DDR4 is the future. Faster, cheaper kits is a given. Kaby lake will come to the 100 series chipset and LGA 1151. You have a few more PCIe Gen3 lanes then previously. Albeit not as user friendly as one might think.

But just like Skylake, FX is a "feature" choice.

by dropping an upgrade path, you can choose a "meatier" board, for less money.

One can scoff at FX only having PCIe Gen2, but given that they have so damn MANY lanes, AMD makes up for their shortcomings in pure quantity. Sure, for single GPU usage, Intel HAS better offerings with actual Gen3 x16 slots, vs AMD with their Gen2 x16 slots. However, performance difference between Gen2 and Gen3 with single GPU is slim at best. In multi GPU settings, bandwidth matters, especially for GCN2.0 and 3.0 cards such as Bonaire, Hawai, Tonga and Fiji respectively, as these use the PCIe bus for the interconnect instead of the physical bridge. However, here, AMD actually matches or exceeds Haswell. AMD 990FX chipset is infact only beaten by the X99 based 5930k and 5960x in terms of raw bandwidth. In dual configurations, 990FX can provide 2x 16x Gen2 + another 6 lanes for other parts. LGA1150 and LGA 1151 can only provide 2x 8x Gen3 and a single 1x Gen3 on the side. Meaning that in dual configurations, the LGA 1150 and 1151 boards will have issues with NVMe based M.2 drives as they would be bandwidth starved.

AMD on the other hand, have a few boards offering 10GBs Gen2 x4 M.2 slots. It is not enough for the full NVMe speed, but at 2.25 times the speed of your average 850 evo, it is still more then you'd ever need in storage speed.

Then again, for 990FX, M.2 or other exotic multiGPU configurations, both AMD and INtel boards are considerably more expensive.

Awesome! :)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

4) Same goes for any OCable Intel CPU.

3) Eh. I try my best.

2) See number 4.

1) "Backstabbing range" is possible. Also, please, show me these benchmarks.

Remember, I'm not defending the FX series as a whole. I'm just saying that it gets way too much shit for being from 2011.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4) Same goes for any OCable Intel CPU.

3) Eh. I try my best.

2) See number 4.

1) "Backstabbing range" is possible. Also, please, show me these benchmarks.

Remember, I'm not defending the FX series as a whole. I'm just saying that it gets way too much shit for being from 2011.

No the FX Piledriver lineup was released in 2013-2014 Bulldozer was in 2011-2012! :D

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro