Youtube, Adblock and CSS.

Go to solution Solved by StackUnderflow,

Chrome and Youtube Red, no issues...

BTW spotify is $10/mo, YTRed and Google Music all access is also $10/mo, so to me it's free ad free youtube.

Just now I access YouTube with ad-block like the scum I am.

And i tested this on my phone, PC Firefox, PC chrome and Linux Firefox and Linux Chromium.

All at latest versions, windows Chrome is at "47.0.2526.111 m"

Windows Chrome's ad-block seems to be bugged or YouTube is getting smart, this does not affect Firefox or Linux Chromium.
With this ad-block on, CSS is blocked and it's a "naked" webpage.

Without CSS the pictures are at crazy large sizes and make the webpage unusable.

Is this the end of Ad-Free YouTube?

Screenshots

at 25% zoom:
RFruquu.png

front page:

fJ5NGMk.png

random video:

67f6AEJ.png

Can anyone else test this?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

ABP working on YouTube.

I used to be quite active here.

this happened to me a couple days ago, ran ccleaner and everything is fine, though i have ublock disabled for youtube.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Adguard works still.  I stopped adblock a long time ago, due to ads filtering through.  Adguard is far better.

Using Chrome whatever, and ublock origen, working fine I think.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Adguard works still.  I stopped adblock a long time ago, due to ads filtering through.  Adguard is far better.

adguard is not free while adblock is and also open sourced.

Fine for me~ 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'm not sure this is news...

No issues with YT and uBlock Origin, by the way.

1) use ublock origin, don't touch adblock plus, not even with a 10m pole

2) youtube ads actually get a lot more tolerable if you don't use an adblocker for some time. It's been quite a while since I got one of those bullshit unskippable ads, in fact recently I only ever get the banner that can be minimized

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Remove AdBlock, clear browser cache and history etc, reinstall AdBlock and it should work fine. Also wrong section, this should be in troubleshooting, unless of course you found a news source and are planning on putting part of an article into this post...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

adguard is not free while adblock is and also open sourced.

Adguard is 100% free for me.

Moved to General Discussion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Adguard is 100% free for me.

how come?

It says 14 day free trial on the website.

how come?

It says 14 day free trial on the website.

I got it from the google store.  100% free and perma.

Ghostery hasn't caused any problems.

Ghostery > Everything else.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Just now I access YouTube with ad-block like the scum I am.

And i tested this on my phone, PC Firefox, PC chrome and Linux Firefox and Linux Chromium.

All at latest versions, windows Chrome is at "47.0.2526.111 m"

Windows Chrome's ad-block seems to be bugged or YouTube is getting smart, this does not affect Firefox or Linux Chromium.

With this ad-block on, CSS is blocked and it's a "naked" webpage.

Without CSS the pictures are at crazy large sizes and make the webpage unusable.

Is this the end of Ad-Free YouTube?

Screenshots

at 25% zoom:

RFruquu.png

front page:

fJ5NGMk.png

random video:

67f6AEJ.png

Can anyone else test this?

Working fine for me with AdBlock PLUS. There is a difference between the two. I would highly suggest not using AdBlock.

Adblock original does this but adbolck plus does not. Switch to plus if you hare having problems.

Probably correct, as AdBlock has been very silent and sneaky with regard to changes and updates in the last few years.

• AdBlock 2.6.11 (2013-10-25): The AdBlock feature which sends a unique user ID to the AdBlock server every day (you knew about this one, didn’t you?) has been extended. The server can now decide that the user should see a survey — this one is being opened in a new tab, immediately, no matter what the user is doing right now.
  • AdBlock 2.6.14 (2013-11-09): AdBlock won’t just send a unique user ID to its server now, it will also transmit user’s setting determining whether Google Search ads are allowed. The changelog message for this release: “Settings measurement.”
  • AdBlock 2.6.20 (2014-02-11): AdBlock will now send a request to goldenticket.disconnect.me each time it starts up — but not in the first two days after installation. It took a while until people noticed, apparently AdBlock partnered with Disconnect.me and advertises their services to selected users. The Disconnect functionality has been actually bundled with AdBlock and ads in their search were whitelisted. Another interesting addition: the unique user ID mentioned above will be sent to getadblock.com every time an AdBlock user visits that website. Or if an AdBlock user visits getadblock.com.malicious.com. Or any other website that has getadblock.com somewhere in the host name. If I were owning a website relying on ad revenue, I would have inserted a hidden frame into every page and used that bug to track AdBlock users — maybe some websites already had the same idea? And how does the changelog describe these changes? “Beta test for survey” – yes, sure.
  • AdBlock 2.6.21-2.6.27: The Disconnect.me functionality is being heavily worked on, it looks like Disconnect developers are changing it themselves. Trial and paid memberships are being implemented, whitelisting of Disconnect search ads tweaked. According to the changelog, all these releases are “Beta tests for survey.”
  • AdBlock 2.6.29 (2014-04-28): The “AdBlock custom filters” (AdBlock-specific filter list that is installed by default and listed as recommended) add a set of filters to whitelist Mixpanel tracking on the AdBlock website.
  • AdBlock 2.7 (2014-06-06): Calling home functionality has been extended. It now sends user’s locale in addition to the unique user ID, AdBlock version, operating system and whether Google Search ads are being allowed. Also, AdBlock will tell getadblock.com (or any other website if asked nicely) whether AdBlock has just been installed or has been used for a while — again, in addition to the unique user ID. This functionality was tweaked a bit more in AdBlock 2.7.2.
  • AdBlock 2.7.4 (2014-06-20): The changelog is now visible in the extension, wow! All the sudden, meaningful changelog messages are being added again instead of just saying “bug fix” or simply referring to GitHub issues that nobody without access to the private repository can see. Now somebody would only have to make sure that these messages match the actual changes…

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On desktop Chrome I use Adblock for Youtube and Magic Actions for Youtube with some settings changes. Works perfectly. That and the 3 other all around Adblocks that let me block specific elements on all sites.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Chrome and Youtube Red, no issues...

BTW spotify is $10/mo, YTRed and Google Music all access is also $10/mo, so to me it's free ad free youtube.