So Star Wars started out with it's story told way further into the story?

LokiFire

I don't get how the movies start with Episode IV A new Hope?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Yes. 4 5 6 movies were prequels to 1 2 3. It's fucked up. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You just noticed this?

George Lucas set out to tell a story about a boy's strange relations with his father and his sexual feelings for his sister, and then he decided that we needed to hear the father's story aswell.

Then Disney came along and decided that the original story hadn't been milked enough.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I got them all, but really want to watch them as they were made as the standard in everything will decline as the story progresses, what a mind fuck lol.

You just noticed this?

I never cared for Star Wars until i bought the Box Set yesterday and noticed the films not in order.

No, it's the other way around. 1 2 and 3 were prequels to the other ones.

Just disregard episodes 1-3.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

That's why you don't start to watch Star Wars on the first movie. It's stupid, but whatcha gonna do.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I never cared for Star Wars until i bought the Box Set yesterday and noticed the films not in order.

This is what happens when stupid people have good ideas, basically.

No, it's the other way around. 1 2 and 3 were prequels to the other ones.

Movies, not episodes. I specified movies. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't get how the movies start with Episode IV A new Hope?

George Lucas is a little crazy, (he once tried to name a character "Darth Icky" for a game)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

apparently the way to watch them is ( i read this cause I wanted my girl to watch them i watched them as they were released aka 4,5,6, 1,2,3, 7)

Ok you watch 4 and 5 and get some story. You then watch 1 2 and 3 and finish with 6. Apparently that is the Star Wars fan recommended way

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

My uncle said it was just easier for them to market the first movie that came out, because there was more action in it or whatever

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Movies, not episodes. I specified movies. 

?

Episodes 1 - 3 (they are movies) were prequels because they came out later.

The way I have heard to watch them in the "best" order is: 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7

This order allows you to go through the experience of learning who the characters are, seeing how they evolve. then going back to learn the history. then jumping forward to how the story ends/continues.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

apparently the way to watch them is ( i read this cause I wanted my girl to watch them i watched them as they were released aka 4,5,6, 1,2,3, 7)

Ok you watch 4 and 5 and get some story. You then watch 1 2 and 3 and finish with 6. Apparently that is the Star Wars fan recommended way

The cry baby fan recommended way is to skip 1 2 and 3 and pretend they don't exist, even since George Lucas himself was in full control of them.

The order is numerical and follows the story line. They were just made out of order.

?

Episodes 1 - 3 (they are movies) were prequels because they came out later.

God damnit. 1st movie was Episode 4 second movie was episode 5. 

I said 4 5 6 MOVIES were prequels to 1 2 3 MOVIES. Release date wise. 

NOT EPISODES

Spoiler

Damn George why you so bat shit crazy? or did he think 1977 had special effects that could stand up to later years? LOL

There are several reasons why EP IV, V and VI were filmed first.

• When George Lucas came up with the idea for Episode IV, it wasn't called Episode IV or "A New Hope" yet.
  • Very few film studios believed the movie would ever become a success, so they let him retain all the intellectual rights to the film which later became a successful franchise.  Short sighted of them.
  • Special effects and cinematography techniques necessary to film the Star Wars movies either did not exist or were still in their infancy.  A lot of the techniques for special effects that film makers use today owe their existence to George Lucas.
  • Hence the creation of Industrial Lights & Magic which today is counted among one of the best special effects studios.

Some additional fun facts:

• The original name for Luke would have been Starkiller instead of Skywalker.
  • One of the endings for Episode VI included Luke picking up his father's helmet and becoming the new Darth Vader.
  • Jabba the Hutt was originally meant to be a human.
  • Han Solo was meant to die in Episode VI.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Originally they weren't episodes 4,5, and 6; they only became that way when Lucas decided he wanted to do the prequels. Essentially Lucas is an idiot.. which he is.

There are several reasons why EP IV, V and VI were filmed first.

• When George Lucas came up with the idea for Episode IV, it wasn't called Episode IV or "A New Hope" yet.
  • Very few film studios believed the movie would ever become a success, so they let him retain all the intellectual rights to film which later became a successful franchise.  Short sighted of them.
  • Special effects and cinematography techniques necessary to film the Star Wars movies either did not exist or were still in their infancy.  A lot of the techniques for special effects that film makers use today owe their existence to George Lucas.
  • Hence the creation of Industrial Lights & Magic which today is counted among one of the best special effects studios.

This certainly seems plausible, as well as him being a complete lunatic or idiot.

God damnit. 1st movie was Episode 4 second movie was episode 5. 

I said 4 5 6 MOVIES were prequels to 1 2 3 MOVIES. Release date wise. 

NOT EPISODES

Can you please be more pacific

Look I know what you meant, I'm just messing with you. I just wish you didn't call them that, that way since they label them numerically according to which episode they are. You're making things harder than they need to be.

Originally they weren't episodes 4,5, and 6; they only became that way when Lucas decided he wanted to do the prequels. Essentially Lucas is an idiot.. which he is.

Yeah he sold LucasFilm to white slavers. How stupid can you get

/s