People need to lay off AMD and them needing a new architecture.

LokiFire

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Here benchmarks are only accepted as fact when backed up with a screenshot with the results and GPU-Z. Not picking on you, just anyone can say anything if they wanted.

I'll back it up and I said that in another quote but I was on my way to work on a bus so I wasn't anyware near my PC I'll post them soon.

If i were to buy a gpu now it would have to be Sapphire 390 , 8gb vram its nothing nvidia has at that price range. 

6gb gtx 780 costs 150% more. I use nvidia but im no means a fanboy.

I also had a ATI radeon 5830 v2 card for 5 years it was great. Even though it would sound like a jet turbine sometimes.

I'll back it up and I said that in another quote but I was on my way to work on a bus so I wasn't anyware near my PC I'll post them soon.

In Valley you want to use the Extreme HD setting. It's the accepted setting so that the scores can be easily compared.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Actually AMD really doesn't need to please any of us PC enthusiasts because such a small portion of their income comes from selling enthusiast grade cards(390 and up I would say). However, if they do plan on expanding and becoming a true competitor to Nvidia in the growing PC gaming industry, they DO need a new architecture. The Fury X has proven to be a unappealing competitor to the 980Ti even with DX12. Nvidia could easily wipe the floor with the Fury X. AMD already looks bad, they need to go above and beyond to knock out Nvidia, or even have a fighting chance. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

The Gaming 8G from Msi is about as good as it gets. Custom PCB, excellent overclocking. Lightning "like" Heatsink. All without that "premium" price. 100ME Is just a green plastic shroud. 

Only the golden ones are the special ones. 

Nope. I have the MSI Gaming 390x. I'm not too satisfied with it. The temps are alright but once you use voltage to overclock it gets loud as hell. My max overclock without voltage is 1120/1625. With voltage it's 1160/1700. Sillicon lottery people. That's pretty good but it's not significantly higher than the 290 series. Not to mention that the 390x reaches its TDP limit which makes it impossible to go higher than 1230 on the core stable(that's the BEST overclocking cards). I know that clock for clock the 390x is better than say, the 980. But a 60mhz overclock is just PATHETIC. One thing I HATE about the MSI 390x is its inability to keep cool with air flow restrictions. This made it impossible for me to setup crossfire easier. Overall, coming from the 290, the 390x is just Meh. 

I loved my sapphire NITRO 390, at 1080p it stayed at 54°C, at 1440p it ran at 65°C. I'd say that was respectable for an AMD card on air cooling.

My Fury X doesn't go above 45°C or so when gaming at 1440p.

Nope. I have the MSI Gaming 390x. I'm not too satisfied with it. The temps are alright but once you use voltage to overclock it gets loud as hell. My max overclock without voltage is 1120/1625. With voltage it's 1160/1700. Sillicon lottery people. That's pretty good but it's not significantly higher than the 290 series. Not to mention that the 390x reaches its TDP limit which makes it impossible to go higher than 1230 on the core stable(that's the BEST overclocking cards). I know that clock for clock the 390x is better than say, the 980. But a 60mhz overclock is just PATHETIC. One thing I HATE about the MSI 390x is its inability to keep cool with air flow restrictions. This made it impossible for me to setup crossfire easier. Overall, coming from the 290, the 390x is just Meh. 

For the whole 390/x line its already about "as good as it gets" No other better card out there. We don't get a vapour x unfortunately. Shame that your card doesn't overclock well at all. Even my PCS+ overclocks better. Maybe the PCS+ is the better one after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Like all other open air coolers(mostly), air flow restriction will degrade cooling performance. One of my 4 intake fans stopped running the other day, load temps went up by 2 degrees. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

For the whole 390/x line its already about "as good as it gets" No other better card out there. We don't get a vapour x unfortunately. Shame that your card doesn't overclock well at all. Even my PCS+ overclocks better. Maybe the PCS+ is the better one after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Like all other open air coolers(mostly), air flow restriction will degrade cooling performance. One of my 4 intake fans stopped running the other day, load temps went up by 2 degrees. 

Nah. It's still a sillicon lottery with these cards. Let's look at some PCS+ 390x OC results(not a very popular card tbh). http://www.legitreviews.com/powercolor-pcs-axr9-390x-8gb-video-card-review_167287 This reviewer got only 1124 with stock voltage. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/70005-powercolor-r9-390x-pcs-review.html He got only 1167 with voltage. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131671 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131671 There's only 3 reviews and one of the guys only got 1089 without voltage. My MSI card gets 1120ish with stock voltage and some reviewers get 1150(that's also a max clock sometimes). Overall, there's no denying the 390 series are still very bad clockers. And air flow restriction not only degraded cooling performance, I was actually getting throttling at stock. Pretty disappointed. 

Nah. It's still a sillicon lottery with these cards. Let's look at some PCS+ 390x OC results(not a very popular card tbh). http://www.legitreviews.com/powercolor-pcs-axr9-390x-8gb-video-card-review_167287 This reviewer got only 1124 with stock voltage. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/70005-powercolor-r9-390x-pcs-review.html He got only 1167 with voltage. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131671 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131671 There's only 3 reviews and one of the guys only got 1089 without voltage. My MSI card gets 1120ish with stock voltage and some reviewers get 1150(that's also a max clock sometimes). Overall, there's no denying the 390 series are still very bad clockers. And air flow restriction not only degraded cooling performance, I was actually getting throttling at stock. Pretty disappointed. 

Its a joke bud ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Msi card on average gets better overclocks. Your case air flow must be pretty bad though, throttling on stock?  :huh:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Its a joke bud ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Msi card on average gets better overclocks. Your case air flow must be pretty bad though, throttling on stock?  :huh:

Nah. That was with the 390x and the 290. Even though there was a slot of space between them and I had a fan blowing directly on them, it throttled at stock. With Nvidia cards, you can literally smoosh them together and their temps will be alright. But I guess their stock temps are a lot lower. With only 1 card, my 390x gets max 73c with slight overclock and 2 displays. I love the 390x, but it's not amazing. I'm just glad I only had to pay $150 for it. 

post-211116-0-06362400-1452605815_thumb.

Nah. That was with the 390x and the 290. Even though there was a slot of space between them and I had a fan blowing directly on them, it throttled at stock. With Nvidia cards, you can literally smoosh them together and their temps will be alright. But I guess their stock temps are a lot lower. With only 1 card, my 390x gets max 73c with slight overclock and 2 displays. I love the 390x, but it's not amazing. I'm just glad I only had to pay $150 for it. 

Wouldn't putting your 390x at the bottom be better for temps?  :huh:  Since it wouldn't be taking in the warm air from your 290?

Wouldn't putting your 390x at the bottom be better for temps?  :huh:  Since it wouldn't be taking in the warm air from your 290?

The stupid pump design made it so the 290 is 4 slots wide almost :( So the 390x has to go on top. I'm planning to mod the 390x with dual static pressure 120mm's to cool it down

The stupid pump design made it so the 290 is 4 slots wide almost :( So the 390x has to go on top. I'm planning to mod the 390x with dual static pressure 120mm's to cool it down

Shit, that's thick... Didn't know the Hydro would get this big. 

It seems like you'll be able to fit 2 120mm fans. Might mod mine as well. The PCS+ fans are loud AF, well not that it ever did get loud. But its annoying to know that it can get loud  :lol:

Not to mention that the 390x reaches its TDP limit which makes it impossible to go higher than 1230 on the core stable(that's the BEST overclocking cards).

You kept mentioning that, is it hardcoded or a simple BIOS mod can fix it?

From all 390x BIOSes i've tried, all of them have slightly higher TDP especially MSI's 390x BIOS if not similar to 290x.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Actually AMD really doesn't need to please any of us PC enthusiasts because such a small portion of their income comes from selling enthusiast grade cards(390 and up I would say). However, if they do plan on expanding and becoming a true competitor to Nvidia in the growing PC gaming industry, they DO need a new architecture. The Fury X has proven to be a unappealing competitor to the 980Ti even with DX12. Nvidia could easily wipe the floor with the Fury X. AMD already looks bad, they need to go above and beyond to knock out Nvidia, or even have a fighting chance.

Massively misleading. While a small proportion of income comes from the top end, a massive proportion of profit comes from up here. Very very important to a business and the biggest reason amd is on the fritz financially while Nvidia has like a 54% gross profit margin.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The GNC architecture has a fantastic feature set, and clock for clock is better than Nvidia has produced so far. 

If AMD clocked as high as Nvidia's cards they would beat them comprehensively.

The fact that AMD has a card running at 1050Mhz that is able to have a card the gets even close to a Nvidia card running at 1300Mhz + is quite remarkable and a testament to how good the GNC architecture is.

If AMD ever are able to produce a GPU that matches an Nvidia card clock for clock, Nvidia will be dead in the water.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

The GNC architecture has a fantastic feature set, and clock for clock is better than Nvidia has produced so far. 

If AMD clocked as high as Nvidia's cards they would beat them comprehensively.

The fact that AMD has a card running at 1050Mhz that is able to have a card the gets even close to a Nvidia card running at 1300Mhz + is quite remarkable and a testament to how good the GNC architecture is.

If AMD ever are able to produce a GPU that matches an Nvidia card clock for clock, Nvidia will be dead in the water.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No, not with the market share Nvidia has. AMD needs relationships with manufacturers, developers, and publishers. Not clock speed.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No, not with the market share Nvidia has. AMD needs relationships with manufacturers, developers, and publishers. Not clock speed.

Actually its clockspeed that is holding AMD back the most, look how much the 980ti boosts and how much extra performance is gained...i never mention marketshare,

I was saying performance wise AMD would beat Nvidia if they had the clockspeed that Nvidia cards have..

I know from experience how amazingly AMD cards scale when you overclock them. It's just they don't get anywhere near has high as Nvidia's offerings.

One thing i have learned over the years, Gamers flock to the best performing cards, if AMD gets ahead, the market share will change faster than you think.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Actually its clockspeed that is holding AMD back the most, look how much the 980ti boosts and how much extra performance is gained...i never mention marketshare,

I was saying performance wise AMD would beat Nvidia if they had the clockspeed that Nvidia cards have..

I know from experience how amazingly AMD cards scale when you overclock them. It's just they don't get anywhere near has high as Nvidia's offerings.

One thing i have learned over the years, Gamers flock to the best performing cards, if AMD gets ahead, the market share will change faster than you think.

BS, look at any consumer product and whats the most successful? Not the best, but who has the largest market share. Seriously, pick anything.

AMD has ignored the gaming industry and the consumers returned the favor.

NVIDIA are no saint when it comes to reusing Architectures, they did it for 3 generations with G80.

Fermi and Kepler are not that much different either, some stuff from Fermi was kept for Kepler, but Kepler also did have some new toys.

AMD can go ahead with another GCN version, there is nothing wrong as at the end of the day the end result is what matters, stop being such cry babies and be cheerful for once you are getting a great product.

AMD have come light years ahead lately and deserve a bucket load of credit.

We need AMD to become competitive, just like the 9800pro days when Nvidia wasn't even a relevant choice

Unless we want a monopoly on GPU's then AMD gotta get their head out of their ass and start innovating

We need AMD to become competitive, just like the 9800pro days when Nvidia wasn't even a relevant choice

Unless we want a monopoly on GPU's then AMD gotta get their head out of their ass and start innovating

I agree. No competition would most likely mean no further improvements in tech and high prices for GPUs.

People just want them to be more competitive because its better for consumers that way, i want them to a a realistic threat to Nvidia to keep them honest :)

It doesn't matter if AMD has rebranded the same architectures for a few generations now, because they're selling performance per dollar at the same or a better rate than Nvidia. Really the only area their hardware is truly behind is power efficiency, and most gamers will not sway their decision to buy based solely on that. We're at a point where even the "hot" cards are still easy enough to cool and power, and so it's a non-issue for most.

Where AMD needs to improve for competitive reasons is in their driver support. I still see plenty of benchmarks where minimum framerates and 99th percentile results are very harsh toward AMD and often make competing Nvidia cards look really, really good.

Massively misleading. While a small proportion of income comes from the top end, a massive proportion of profit comes from up here. Very very important to a business and the biggest reason amd is on the fritz financially while Nvidia has like a 54% gross profit margin.

No. Not misleading at all. High end cards make up a very small portion of AMD's profit. 

Well dropping the model nubmer would've been dumb as well because HBM wasn't in enough supply for a mainstream card and the 290 and 290x still performed fine in their price segments and it'd be pointless for a cash strapped AMD to make a new chip to perform the same. Nvidia also don't drop the model number when they dont have to... 9800GT.

Both companies do when they have to though, 680 and 7970Ghz ed became lower end as both companies had cards in the lineup ready that performed out of its margin... hawaii and gk110.

So that argument is completely stupid.

And AMD already stated GCN was a long term architecture, kepler and maxwell didn't suddenly become power efficient by magic either they took a lot out, and only get away with it because of cuda.