People need to lay off AMD and them needing a new architecture.

LokiFire

Play GTA V or Witcher 3, try it at 4K. You won't see 50fps

if he sets everything to medium he will

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

This is a terrible attitude to have. Maxwell architecture mopped the fuckin' floor with GCN. I've bought AMD for my last 3 cards, but to support them blindly is ridiculous. Polaris NEEDS to be a big improvement over GCN or they will lose more buyers. If they keep losing sales, they're going to close up shop.

if GCN was a colossal fail then why is the 380 so much better than the 960? Why is the Nano more efficient and more powerful than the 980? Why is the Fury X ahead at 4K? Because the cards themselves are well-engineered but have lackluster software. If Nvidia had the same software quality you'd be seeing a 980 Ti perform worse than a Fury

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I bought my 390 since it beat out the 970 I was looking at and was $50 cheaper (got my 390 for $280).

Then three months later (about 6 days ago), I upgraded to a Fury X. I have no regrets. I can't wait to see what they release this year, best believe I'll be upgrading from the Fury X if I see a 4K 120Hz panel with a GPU from AMD that can run it.

I'll lay off them if:

1. They publicly admit that their CMT based CPU and APU are advertised missleadingly (CMT based processors should never be marketed the same way as those based on SMT).
  2. They admit that their CMT based CPU and APU were rushed and only ever a stop gap
  3. They stop doing a straight rebadge such as 290X-390X and Hawaii-Grenada, and actually bump them down a model such as 290X-380X
  4. They start trying to compete with Intel (they already compete with Nvidia albeit in different areas from Nvidia)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Easy, the game is CSGO

Im unsure if thats the only reason... I'm still getting 25-40 fps on Dragon age inquisition on ultra settings with an old HD6950 2Gb vram...

I've noticed that people have diffirent fps on the same game just by using another cpu & mainboard (& memory) so obviously it all matters!

I bought my 390 since it beat out the 970 I was looking at and was $50 cheaper (got my 390 for $280).

Then three months later (about 6 days ago), I upgraded to a Fury X. I have no regrets. I can't wait to see what they release this year, best believe I'll be upgrading from the Fury X if I see a 4K 120Hz panel with a GPU from AMD that can run it.

If you have the money to go from 390 to Fury X knowing that the release dates werent far from eachother... wouldn't it be better to just use 2x 390's in Crossfire? instead of getting a Fury X?

Knowing that the GTX980ti performs equal to Fury X this site is a good enough comparison http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/91/amd-radeon-r9-390x-crossfire-4k/index.html

Play GTA V or Witcher 3, try it at 4K. You won't see 50fps

But thats 50fps in heaven

This is a terrible attitude to have. Maxwell architecture mopped the fuckin' floor with GCN. I've bought AMD for my last 3 cards, but to support them blindly is ridiculous. Polaris NEEDS to be a big improvement over GCN or they will lose more buyers. If they keep losing sales, they're going to close up shop.

I honestly wonder about that. If AMD does go bankrupt I personally think the US government would bail them out.this of course would be to keep Nvidia from getting a monopoly on the market.

I honestly wonder about that. If AMD does go bankrupt I personally think the US government would bail them out.this of course would be to keep Nvidia from getting a monopoly on the market.

People would see Intel as a competitor and Nvidia will get free reign

But thats 50fps in heaven

What settings, and try Valley in Extreme HD. Post the results with a screenshot.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Don't look at overclocking results then, instant buyers remorse. The Fury X can't keep up with a 980ti of the same price once the 980ti is Overclocked. I'm talking 20-30fps difference.

I'll lay off them if:

• They publicly admit that their CMT based CPU and APU are advertised missleadingly (CMT based processors should never be marketed the same way as those based on SMT).
  • They admit that their CMT based CPU and APU were rushed and only ever a stop gap
  • They stop doing a straight rebadge such as 290X-390X and Hawaii-Grenada, and actually bump them down a model such as 290X-380X
  • They start trying to compete with Intel (they already compete with Nvidia albeit in different areas from Nvidia)
None of this is relevant and just makes you look like a blabbering fool.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I will continue to complain when both companies pull this sort of rubbish. Its anti consumer when they rebadge a GPU purely for the purpose of sales. In general I find both companies are purposely misleading their less knowledgeable customers with their product naming schemes. From rebrands to releasing different architectures under the same name to using the same name in laptop and desktop GPUs despite a gulf in performance differences and even using the same model name but having some be GDDR5 and others be GDDR3. The whole thing is just one tick away from genuine false advertising and I think if I were working for the advertising standards agnecy I would make a call to both CEOs and kindly ask them to sort it out before I started interpreting the law to force them to do it.

These sorts of practices need to stop, its done purely to mislead people. If the DX12 fiasco is anything to go by many owners of GPUs have no real idea what generation their card actually is and what support its going to have. This gap in knowledge is entirely the companies fault, they made that mess.

I really think AMD needs to get their power draw under control on certain cards.

Just look at the difference between the GTX 970 and the R9 390 ... That's a huge difference

I really think AMD needs to get their power draw under control on certain cards.

Just look at the difference between the GTX 970 and the R9 390 ... That's a huge difference

60W. Between those two it's exactly 60W. If you find that big, then you probably have never read the label on your AC

As far as I am informed the 970 is around 145 Watts and the R9 390 is at 275 Watts which is a difference of 45%. I might be wrong on the exact numbers, but a close to let's say 40% more power draw for 5-10% more performance seems bad to me.

People would see Intel as a competitor and Nvidia will get free reign

Let's hope not

What settings, and try Valley in Extreme HD. Post the results with a screenshot.

Ultra with 16xmsaa

Ultra with 16xmsaa

Here benchmarks are only accepted as fact when backed up with a screenshot with the results and GPU-Z. Not picking on you, just anyone can say anything if they wanted.

Ultra with 16xmsaa

As far as I am informed the 970 is around 145 Watts and the R9 390 is at 275 Watts which is a difference of 45%. I might be wrong on the exact numbers, but a close to let's say 40% more power draw for 5-10% more performance seems bad to me.

power.pngpower-load.gifSapphire-R9-390-Nitro-Power-Consumption.

TDP is NOT power draw