People need to lay off AMD and them needing a new architecture.

LokiFire

My like comes with a caveat. I want a premium version of one of the cards, completely serious. There are no premium 390's while the 970 gets a 100ME.

The Gaming 8G from Msi is about as good as it gets. Custom PCB, excellent overclocking. Lightning "like" Heatsink. All without that "premium" price. 100ME Is just a green plastic shroud. 

Only the golden ones are the special ones. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The Gaming 8G from Msi is about as good as it gets. Custom PCB, excellent overclocking. Lightning "like" Heatsink. All without that "premium" price. 100ME Is just a green plastic shroud.

The golden is a suckers bet. Prays on people thinking they can buy their way past the silicon lottery.

I don't want lightning like, I want a lightning. Or a Toxic.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

The golden is a suckers bet. Prays on people thinking they can buy their way past the silicon lottery.

I don't want lightning like, I want a lightning. Or a Toxic.

Golden is the "special" card. Not just a different coat of paint. You got a basic lightning for the price of a Gaming, unless you actually wanted to pay more money. Then that's the only fault it has, too cheap. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Golden is the "special" card. Not just a different coat of paint. You got a basic lightning for the price of a Gaming, unless you actually wanted to pay more money. Then that's the only fault it has, too cheap.

I actually looked at it. It suffers from the same thing all the 980ti's suffer from, a overclocking ceiling. But if it has Samsung memory I'll stand corrected.

I actually looked at it. It suffers from the same thing all the 980ti's suffer from, a overclocking ceiling. But if it has Samsung memory I'll stand corrected.

The golden? That ain't an overclocking card... Its the same kind of special the 100ME cards are but more special. 

NVIDIA are no saint when it comes to reusing Architectures, they did it for 3 generations with G80.

Fermi and Kepler are not that much different either, some stuff from Fermi was kept for Kepler, but Kepler also did have some new toys.

AMD can go ahead with another GCN version, there is nothing wrong as at the end of the day the end result is what matters, stop being such cry babies and be cheerful for once you are getting a great product.

AMD have come light years ahead lately and deserve a bucket load of credit.

This is a terrible attitude to have. Maxwell architecture mopped the fuckin' floor with GCN. I've bought AMD for my last 3 cards, but to support them blindly is ridiculous. Polaris NEEDS to be a big improvement over GCN or they will lose more buyers. If they keep losing sales, they're going to close up shop.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

The Gaming 8G from MSI isn't lightning-like heatsink, the Gigabyte G1 is.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

The golden? That ain't an overclocking card... Its the same kind of special the 100ME cards are but more special.

The golden is mostly a golden because it's binned. Well, "binned". Even the mighty Kingpin and Lightning don't overclock much past normal levels, 1500mhz for a 980ti. It's the cooler and memory manufacturer that sets the big boys apart.

The Gaming 8G from MSI isn't lightning-like heatsink, the Gigabyte G1 is.

AMD Gigabyte G1? I will assume you haven't seen the AMD G1 in your entire life. 

The golden is mostly a golden because it's binned. Well, "binned". Even the mighty Kingpin and Lightning don't overclock much past normal levels, 1500mhz for a 980ti. It's the cooler and memory manufacturer that sets the big boys apart.

http://www.msi.com/product/graphics-card/GTX-980Ti-GAMING-6G-GOLDEN-EDITION.html#hero-overview

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/msi-gtx-980ti-gaming-6g-golden-editiin.html

Its golden, Its a gaming with a different colour and full copper heatsink. A collectors edition card. I don't think it has ever been marketed as more "binned" than the lightning. 

http://www.msi.com/product/graphics-card/GTX-980Ti-GAMING-6G-GOLDEN-EDITION.html#hero-overview

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/msi-gtx-980ti-gaming-6g-golden-editiin.html

Its golden, Its a gaming with a different colour and full copper heatsink. A collectors edition card. I don't think it has ever been marketed as more "binned" than the lightning.

Nope, just binned over the 6G. Not worth the price IMO. Unless it has that Samsung, dat shit is awesome.

Nope, just binned over the 6G. Not worth the price IMO. Unless it has that Samsung, dat shit is awesome.

Well... If higher factory OC means more binned to you... I guess?

Well... If higher factory OC means more binned to you... I guess?

No... MSI is the one claiming the binned status not me lol. Most of the user reviews are pretty bad, but my guess is it's an alright card but if you pay that much for it your expectations are higher.

No... MSI is the one claiming the binned status not me lol. Most of the user reviews are pretty bad, but my guess is it's an alright card but if you pay that much for it your expectations are higher.

Really? Any links to where they state that? It doesn't say anywhere in the product page  :huh:

That was a cockup on my part. I was thinking 980 Ti's, and I thought you were comparing the MSI Gaming 6G to the Lightning 980 Ti.

Really? Any links to where they state that? It doesn't say anywhere in the product page :huh:

On my phone, go to NewEgg

I went from a 970 to a 390 and I will never go back anti alicing is no problem with that 8 gb of gddr5 and no I can play 4k games with around 50 fps

Amazing. Tell us your secret, seeing as a 980 Ti rarely gets an averaged 50fps at 4k with anti aliasing turned on.

Amazing. Tell us your secret, seeing as a 980 Ti rarely gets an averaged 50fps at 4k with anti aliasing turned on.

Easy, the game is CSGO

On my phone, go to NewEgg

The overview on the Newegg site is the same as Msi's page. Doesn't state that its binned  :huh:

The overview on the Newegg site is the same as Msi's page. Doesn't state that its binned :huh:

Then think what you will, I'm not turning on my computer for you.

The overview on the Newegg site is the same as Msi's page. Doesn't state that its binned :huh:

Nope, my bad. Could have sworn it said binned but couldn't find it.

I honestly don't know how but maybe I'm benching it wrong. I don't have a over clock or anything.

I literally built the system yesterday

I literally built the system yesterday

Play GTA V or Witcher 3, try it at 4K. You won't see 50fps