Did Linus ever do his "out of sight" home computer build?

Bubblez

Many months ago now Linus teased about his personal build that he was going to do where he would have his home computer in a closet or something, and then his workstation somewhere else... Anybody know any progress on this?? Did I miss the video some how??

This would be something interesting that I would love to try if feasible. I would love to be able to have my computer stashed away somewhere not making any noise.

do you mean this?

part 2 is still not on youtube, but its already on vessel

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think the next part is up on Vessel. Yep, the next part will be up on YouTube on Sunday or Monday.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Hes gonna do another update on it I think where he puts it all together in his server rack.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I think the next part is up on Vessel.

Seriously? What am I still doing here then? lmao.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

do you mean this?

part 2 is still not on youtube, but its already on vessel

WOW, thanks, I totally missed this some how on my Youtube feed.

It was discussed in last weeks WAN Show. There's the build of insides in Vessel. But nothing more yet. Maybe after they get back from CES.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I think its the first time I have seen that message. but I seen it before :) on youtube and on TV. 

personaly, I dont watch the gadget show anymore  (did when that episode was on TV), but of the epsisodes I saw, I think that one was the best.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I think its the first time I have seen that message. but I seen it before :) on youtube and on TV. 

personaly, I dont watch the gadget show anymore  (did when that episode was on TV), but of the epsisodes I saw, I think that one was the best.

the what show now? Not sure if you posted in the wrong thread or not....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

the what show now? Not sure if you posted in the wrong thread or not....

I dunno what happened, but yes. sorry for that.... 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Does anybody have any idea on how Linus Plans to connect his computer to his monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers if his computer will be in a server rack in a different room??

Does anybody have any idea on how Linus Plans to connect his computer to his monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers if his computer will be in a server rack in a different room??

Thunderbolt I believe. How exactly, I do not know. My knowledge of thunderbolt is that sometimes it's made from magic, and that sometimes it's the same as USB-C and sometimes it's not.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Seeing how long it took him to complete his last personal rig, I wouldn't be holding my breath. It'll be finished eventually, but its a slow process when you have other things to do.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Is Linus taking his personal rig/server rack to lansyndicate?lol

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Seeing how long it took him to complete his last personal rig, I wouldn't be holding my breath. It'll be finished eventually, but its a slow process when you have other things to do.

Typically I would agree with you Stig, but he took apart his old personal rig in order to put the new one together... Surely he would hook it up soon... I sure as hell wouldn't want to be without a personal rig for more than a week.

Typically I would agree with you Stig, but he took apart his old personal rig in order to put the new one together... Surely he would hook it up soon... I sure as hell wouldn't want to be without a personal rig for more than a week.

I would agree with you too, but Linus has said that he really only uses he personal build to stream to his nvidia shield. He has a PC at work and seeing how he's constantly busy running LMG, he probably rarely has the time to game. While most of us would get our personal build done soon as possible, Linus has so much else to do, and his personal PC isn't his only PC.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Yes and thank God it's going into the closet the front panel is hideous

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090