Corsair launches the 400C and 400Q

CtW

I love the minimal, no-bullshit design of the 400Q. I hope the price point is competitive. 

i'm mad there's no external 5.25 bays or 3.5 bays. that's an absolute killer for me.

well you are in the minority there (especially with the external 3.5in bays, those haven't been on good cases in years) as the majority of people don't populate their 5.25in bays.

One solution is to get/make an external bay (i did this using my school's 3d printer) and use a case like this.

It's a defined r5 from corsair!

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Could I just get a horizontal mobo mount case with sound dampening built in, enough bays and room to do a custom water loop, and a decent radiator mount on top? That's all I really want.  

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Meh, I've actually been thinking about pulling the HDD out of my rig and storing my games on my NAS, but doing so doesn't really benefit me in any way since I'm the only one accessing those games to begin with and it's only ever being accessed from a single device. But a NAS is amazing if you have multiple devices accessing the same content, and isn't all that cluttering -- just throw it in a corner behind a couch, in a closet, or wherever. 

but i already can access every file on my pc from every device connected to my network (without resorting to a nas vm like linus did).

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Can you explain what you mean by clutter from a NAS? I dont understand, I think my NAS has done nothing but reduce clutter. YMMV I guess. 

having another box to deal with

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It is like the combined 3 of my favorite cases the H440 teh r5 and 760T..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm just happy it's a smaller case for a eatx

I was looking for a windowless case. Love to go for a Define case but they're never in fucking stock and way overpriced when importing. Once again Corsair is winning by just being good enough but readily fucking available. I hate to say it but so many companies put so much effort on design and marketing when they should be improving their fucking manufacturing and distribution channels instead. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

is it bad that I read the title as "Chrysler releases the 400C..."

oh god no.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

really not fond of this trend of moving away from 5.25 bays, they have more uses than just disc drives.

I was looking for a windowless case. Love to go for a Define case but they're never in fucking stuck and way overpriced when importing. Once again Corsair is winning by just being good enough but readily fucking available. I hate to say it but so many companies put so much effort on design and marketing when they should be improving their fucking manufacturing and distribution channels instead. 

I wish the Phenom M wasn't so erratic about this.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

OC3D has a solid review on the case.

OC3D has a solid review on the case.

For cases I'm not too fond of him. His type of review which goes into excruciating detail works better for processors, GPUs, etc. But not so much for a case when you need kickass b-roll and just a few key points. Too bad Dimitrii is out for CES I'd love to see Hardware Canucks review instead (Brandon + Linus it's also awesome but they've moved away from case reviews a bit)

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wish there was a side view with an ATX motherboard in there, its hard to get a reference for how big this is. I'd love it if an ATX motherboard and radiator/fans in the front were basically touching, just enough room between them to run cables thru to the back of the case. It looks like this case would have 2-3" between them. Other than that it is really good looking.

Not sure why I like this one though, as the S340 looks really cheap and gimmicky to me. Its probably just because subconsciously I compare it to my H440 which looks great in pictures when you are buying it, but when you get it you realize how cheap it feels...

Now this is a great looking PC case...i love the fact they keep it simple yet efficient!! 

I wish there was a side view with an ATX motherboard in there, its hard to get a reference for how big this is. I'd love it if an ATX motherboard and radiator/fans in the front were basically touching, just enough room between them to run cables thru to the back of the case. It looks like this case would have 2-3" between them. Other than that it is really good looking.

Not sure why I like this one though, as the S340 looks really cheap and gimmicky to me. Its probably just because subconsciously I compare it to my H440 which looks great in pictures when you are buying it, but when you get it you realize how cheap it feels...

Here is the case with a full system in it.

04050800744l.jpg

Not a fan of the giant feet but if this is priced similarly to a S340, i would rather have this and NZXT Hue+

I love that fact cases are putting hard drives in the back honestly. I have the Define s and just having that airflow in the front without any obstructions is amazing.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

I really really really like that massive window :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii