Corsair launches the 400C and 400Q

CtW

Souce: https://www.techpowerup.com/218904/corsair-launches-high-performance-carbide-400q-and-400c-pc-cases-at-ces-2016.html

Corsair, a world leader in enthusiast PC hardware and components, today announced the new Corsair Carbide 400Q and Carbide 400C high-performance PC cases. The Carbide 400Q and Carbide 400C are engineered to pack performance and expandability into beautifully compact mid-tower case designs. The 400C puts your PC's components on display through a stunning full size windowed side panel, while the 400Q features an interior lined with sound-damping material to minimize noise. In both the 400Q and 400C, Direct Airflow technology ensures unimpeded flow of cool air to your PC's hottest components.

Carbide_400C_01.jpg
The 400C
The Carbide Quiet 400Q and Carbide Clear 400C are both easy to build in, easy to clean, and liquid cooling capable. Tool-free drive installation, easy-access side-panels and tons of cable routing options mean PC enthusiasts can spend less time building a PC and more time using it. Dust filters are easily accessible to cut cleaning time down to a minimum and two modular and refined PSU and 3.5" bay covers make it easy to conceal cables and drives. The 400Q and 400C both feature room for up to a 360mm radiator in front, a 240mm radiator on top, and a 120mm radiator in the rear, and Direct Airflow technology directs air to the hottest components from two included Corsair AF series fans (1 x AF140L intake, 1 x AF120L exhaust). Despite their compact mid-tower dimensions, the 400Q and 400C can house a full ATX motherboard and multiple GPUs if expansion is desired, making them as capable as they are beautiful.

Carbide_400Q_01.jpg

Carbide Clear 400C

The Carbide 400C packs high performance into a clear and compact case design. A gorgeous full size side panel window provides an unobstructed view into the case that's ideal to show off your PC's components. The all-steel exterior front and top panels complement the design with clean, modern lines.

Available in early February 2016 for $99.99 MSRP from Corsair's worldwide network of retailers and distributors, the Carbide 400Q and Carbide 400C are backed by a comprehensive two-year warranty and Corsair's worldwide customer support network.

Carbide_400Q_14.jpg

The interior of the 400Q

Carbide 400C and Carbide 400Q

• Clean, modern lines with an all-steel exterior: Get rid of those plastic cases - the 400C and 400Q have full steel front and top panels for extra durability and stunning looks.
  • Compact design, full size capabilities: Despite the 400C and 400Q's compact dimensions, they can house a full ATX motherboard and multiple GPUs.
  • Direct Airflow Path: One way to reduce noise is to make sure fans don't work harder than they have to. By removing the drive cages behind the intake fans, the 400C and 400Q provide a more efficient direct airflow path to the hottest components, the CPU and GPU.
  • Liquid cooling capable: With room for up to a 360mm radiator in front, a 240mm radiator on top, and a 120mm radiator in rear, the 400C and 400Q can mount a wide range of Corsair Hydro-series liquid coolers.
  • Two AF series fans: Corsair-exclusive AF120L and AF140L fans efficiently draw ample cool air directly to components without the turbulence that can cause fan hum.
  • Easy to Build: Tool-free drive installation, side panel access, and tons of cable routing options and tie downs means less time spent building a PC and more time using it.
  • PSU and 3.5" Bay Cover: It's easy to tidy the inside of the case by placing cables and drives behind two modular, clean, and refined PSU and 3.5" bay covers.
  • Easy to Clean: Easily access dust filters on front, top, and bottom mean it'll never take more than a minute getting dust out of the system.
Carbide 400Q Only
  • Silenced panels for quiet operation: Sound damping material placed on the front panel, side panels, and top panel reduces component noise.
Carbide 400C Only
  • Hinged and latched full side-panel window: Components are easily accessible and when closed, every part of the build is visible through the full side-panel window.

Carbide_400Q_15.jpg

My opinion: I have mixed feelings about this case. I definitely like the look of the thing as well as the option of it being a silent or a show off case, however, I can't help but feel like this case's internal layout is worse than similar offerings from Phanteks, NZXT, Fractal Design. The way the cable management is handled around the PSU shroud seems poorly thought out to me with the separation between the mobo tray and area under the shroud making it so you have to remove the shroud and probably even the hdd cage in order to have enough space to work. The length of the shroud itself seems to greatly limit the thickness of the radiators that can be placed in the front of the case, despite it being marketed towards those looking into watercooling. The inclusion of an HDD cage is nice, but I'd much rather the'd taken the approach that Fractal Design took with the Define S, and put the 2 caddies behind the mobo tray. I do like the push that Corsair is making towards leaving the ODD bay out of their cases, as that seems like where the market is heading and does allow for better airflow/watercooling capabilities. For the money, this does seem to be a good value though. I'm looking forward to hear what reviewers think of it.

Btw OC3D put up a review of the case and I agree with the points that he makes in it. It's a lengthy watch, but you do get a good view around the case and TTL's harsh criticisms of it.

400C is sexy af.

S340 > 400c except for the S340's shitty/limited top fan mount.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

S340 > 400c except for the S340's shitty/limited top fan mount.

True. But I really like the full windowed panel.

Looks like nothing new to be honest, i dont like the look of that PSU cover.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Oh look... Another corsair product that doesn't really do anything new...

Mind you, you can only put together a metal box in so many ways... 

I've been pretty "Meh" with Corsair products for the past year or two. Ever since they released that terrible GPU bracket with horrible card compatibility and made it only work with Corsair AIOs I've kind of lost respect for them.

Only thing i sort of liked was the SSD trays they have, but then NZXT Showed up with the H440 and the Tray mounted SSDs that you could put on the basement cover.

Looks nice IMO.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

i want it to be longer......

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Oh look... Another corsair product that doesn't really do anything new...

Mind you, you can only put together a metal box in so many ways... 

I've been pretty "Meh" with Corsair products for the past year or two. Ever since they released that terrible GPU bracket with horrible card compatibility and made it only work with Corsair AIOs I've kind of lost respect for them.

Only thing i sort of liked was the SSD trays they have, but then NZXT Showed up with the H440 and the Tray mounted SSDs that you could put on the basement cover.

I'm sort of waiting for some Phanteks announcements for CES or Computex.  If they had an E-ATX Evolv, I don't think I'd look anywhere else ever again.  Should have some cool stuff appearing out of Cooler-Master as well in the case and peripheral department.

i'm mad there's no external 5.25 bays or 3.5 bays. that's an absolute killer for me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i'm mad there's no external 5.25 bays or 3.5 bays. that's an absolute killer for me.

There are a couple 3.5" bays under the PSU cover.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

There are a couple 3.5" bays under the PSU cover.

i mean external bays. that's the reason i've stuck with my good case for a good 5 years. it's got external bays and it works real well with this card reader.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i mean external bays. that's the reason i've stuck with my good case for a good 5 years. it's got external bays and it works real well with this card reader.

Ohhhhhhhhh

only two 3.5" drives?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I like them. 

only two 3.5" drives?

With SSD's becoming more and more prevelent and HDD's reaching higher and higher capacities, you probably dont really need 6 3.5" bays anymore.

I would have no problems buying a case without any 3.5" drive bays. A NAS is an excellent solution if you truly need more space. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

After watching the OC3D review--I like the case, but at the same time it's lacking for it's price.  The Define S is cheaper, and has more features than this, sure lacking the bottom cover, but more fan placement and radiator support, as well as cable routing velcro-straps in the back and just more ease of use over it.  Hopefully Corsair releases a new Obsidian line to compete against Phanteks and others who are innovating rapidly on case design and ease of use.

Phanteks usurped Corsair ages ago, Corsair lost the right to call themselves "world leader" on any front. Hell, not since 2010 did they sell the most out of all enthusiast case makers.

2011: Fractal

2012: BitFenix

2013: ??? (Probably still BitFenix since the Prodigy didn't come out until July 2012 and was still the bestseller of 2012)

2014: ??? (Maybe Corsair though I don't know)

2015-> Phanteks

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I see a lot of S340 similarities. Tall feet, lack of drive bays in the main interior, somewhat compact design. I like it, but I still like my S340 more. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I like them. 

With SSD's becoming more and more prevelent and HDD's reaching higher and higher capacities, you probably dont really need 6 3.5" bays anymore.

I would have no problems buying a case without any 3.5" drive bays. A NAS is an excellent solution if you truly need more space. 

rather have six 3.5" bays than extra clutter from a nas

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I was excited until I saw TTL's review. The case has quite a few problems.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Meh, I've actually been thinking about pulling the HDD out of my rig and storing my games on my NAS, but doing so doesn't really benefit me in any way since I'm the only one accessing those games to begin with and it's only ever being accessed from a single device. But a NAS is amazing if you have multiple devices accessing the same content, and isn't all that cluttering -- just throw it in a corner behind a couch, in a closet, or wherever. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Can you explain what you mean by clutter from a NAS? I dont understand, I think my NAS has done nothing but reduce clutter. YMMV I guess. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Going to be brutally honest.

I want the 400C. That thing makes me want to build something new.