Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

How's the build quality compare to others if you have any?

that's a very interesting keyboard I reckon

I'm new to mechanical keyboards.   My only other mechanical keyboard is a Corsair k70, which I just got a couple of weeks ago.   Both keyboard use cherry mx brown switches.   But the k70 is quite different in that it is metal surface full size.  That said, the build quality of the blackbird is excellent as far as I can tell.  I don't have any issues with the blackbird in regards to build quality.    

I saw this on Mechanicalkeyboards website when it got in.  It does look interesting.

My dad is liking his new keyboard after having it just one day.  I thought the blue LED siding might put him off but he thinks it looks cool. 

If the topre Cooler Master that was announced at CES were available I think he would've gotten it instead, for it's quietness.  He thinks the blackbird is loud, and it has brown switches.  The key sound doesn't bother him now but he is concerned when he is in a conference call while typing.  It is his first mechanical and he is right, it is louder than membrane or scissor keys.  So I'm ordering some o-rings.

Hey there,

I am looking for a suggestions at this point. I saw Corsair Vengeance k95 and loved it, it has macros, multimedia keys and whatnot, but to me the clicky sound of mechanical keyboards is just so much of the nature in itself that I could not get myself to buy that specific keyboard.

So I am questioning if there are any other keyboards like the k95 with media keys and hopefully at least 10 macro keys, or 5 let's say in 3 layers managed by a button (Steelseries RAW apex has this, for example)

I was looking into Razer black widow, but that has only 5 macro keys and there are no dedicated macro keys.

PS: I also actually write a lot, so the blue keys are there not just for the sake of the sound. I tend to do a lot of online roleplaying and thus it is needed.

The 5 macro keys are dedicated macro keys so i have no idea what you're on about

The 5 macro keys are dedicated macro keys so i have no idea what you're on about

They are dedicated macro keys, but there are two layers for the macros so in the end you have 10 macro keys, instead of 5 - L1 and L2 buttons work as switches for this.

They are dedicated macro keys, but there are two layers for the macros so in the end you have 10 macro keys, instead of 5 - L1 and L2 buttons work as switches for this.

I know i have the keyboard

I know i have the keyboard

Then you know what I meant :3

Then you know what I meant :3

I did not understand what you meant by no dedicated macro keys when there is

Where did you buy it from? :)

From a local computer store called Jimm's PC Store :)

Already got used to this. The haptic feedback that this provides is so much better than in my Logitech Illuminated. 

Wow. He really let you steal that price...friking 66% off (about)

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wow. He really let you steal that price...friking 66% off (about)

Yea : )

IM thinking about getting the corsair vengeance k70 with MX-blues or the corsair RGB one when it comes out.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I just bought my first mechanical keyboard, the K70 with CherryMX Brown switches. Love it so far!

Got the CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro with Red switched and Numpad.

I regret not buying a fully backlit keyboard.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

IM thinking about getting the corsair vengeance k70 with MX-blues or the corsair RGB one when it comes out.

I have the K70 with the Browns. I got it about less than a month ago. I love it.

I just bought my first mechanical keyboard, the K70 with CherryMX Brown switches. Love it so far!

I got the same one about 3 weeks ago. I love it too. I turn my LEDs off when I'm not using it or during the day so they won't burn out. I've heard some people saying there's burns out. So just trying to be proactive.

Im planning my next keyboard build, its all coming together quite nicely so far. I just need to figure out the resistors for the LEDs and decide whether I want to spend a bundle on some custom caps that I didnt initialy plan for.

Origionaly had a CM Storm Quickfire TK with Brown switches but after discovering that it was rattleing around when tipped side to side had to RMA it and 

In the time it took to get it back (it was a little over a month) the CESREDDIT code came up for the K70.

At the time when i ordered the K70 it seemed like CM had lost my keyboard because i hadn't heard from them in several weeks so I ate the loss and got another keyboard.

The other board is a K70 with Blue switches.

The nice thing from this mistake is I now have a keyboard for laptop/school use and one for at home.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Im planning my next keyboard build, its all coming together quite nicely so far. I just need to figure out the resistors for the LEDs and decide whether I want to spend a bundle on some custom caps that I didnt initialy plan for.

Sweet, give us a build log yeah ?! :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Sweet, give us a build log yeah ?! :D

May I will, its going to take a while though as im going to have to do it over a while because i dont have much spare time to spend on it. Also things like lubing the switches literally takes forever. I also may be painting the inside of each individual key so that the light from the LED does not go through.

Why is there no 'Go to first unread post' button on this thread anymore D:   ?! O.o

There is for me. It disappears when you press it if you have read all the most recent posts. When there are more posts, the button will reappear.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.