Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My g710+ is godsend but the browns aren't all that quiet.

It should be pretty quiet since its browns and standard has orings.

Well I think of it as a more "refined and precise" two pieces of alu and some acrylic hehe.

So I was looking at QFRs, and on newegg as well as amazon, there are quite a few 1 stars regarding keys not working and paying to ship back for RMAs.

Is ordering from CM directly more reliable and less problematic than other retailers?

ok the acrylic its nice ish and its kinda nice that its so simple

Well with how many switches are being pumped out and boards being built im not surprised. If new sends you a bad item theyll pay your shipping back you just have to contact them to setup the RMA. I believe Amazon does the same as long as you buy direct from them.

I joined the club! I'm in bed so I can't use it right now. I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. :-/

Corsair K70 - MX Brown :)

Unlucky bro, you have to try it out ASAP xD

But hope your mouth and FACE feel better soon haaha!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

How much does a K70 cost in your respective country? I see so many people get it..........

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Unlucky bro, you have to try it out ASAP xD

But hope your mouth and FACE feel better soon haaha!

Yeah I'm feeling better. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Will use the keyboard maybe tomorrow :)

How much does a K70 cost in your respective country? I see so many people get it..........

$130 shipped (United States - ordered from Amazon)

Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX Blues.  This is my first mechcanical keyboard and I am quite pleased with it so far.

8ntw.jpg

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Corsair k70, mx reds.

First mechanical keyboard I bought and it's awesome.

Quite expensive in Australia, around AUD$170

It came! Typing on it now is really strange as I'm not used to the US layout but that will become more natural over time, the narrow enter is kind of annoying though but I will be able to get used to it. It's a really well built keyboard with a nice rubber coating on the chassis and a nice feel to the keys which feels like a rubber coat but I'm not too sure about that.

Sorry about the quality, the only camera I have is on my phone.

2014-01-17%2012.18.35.jpg?_subject_uid=7

2014-01-17%2012.18.16.jpg?_subject_uid=7

2014-01-17%2012.18.25.jpg?_subject_uid=7

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say that it's a CM Storm Quickfire Stealth with MX Browns.

I'm now part of the club and my first foray into mechanical keyboards.

I got a K70 MX browns first but didn't really feel right to me.  I took the plunge and replaced it with blues.  I prefer the blues overall.  That clicky feedback (and sound) just feels so heavenly to me typing on it (and I do quite a bit of typing daily).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

finally this arrived cm storm quickfire ultimate

(brown switches)

<3

A5XxBZC.jpg

Aren't the LED's on the browns for that keyboard white? 

It is advertised as white led's with brown switches but in EU they all come with red led's.

[I will never die.]

No I live in EU, Slovenia they come here in all of the colors...Did you take a keycap off?

Really did i take the keycaps off??(baš si janez )it's mistake that a lot of stores make/label it wrong and a lot of ppl had the surprise when they got the keyboard mostly EU users of this same keyboard it's known issue,but not for me cause the guy that works in that store were i bought this one checkd it for me and i like it better with red leds :D . So they label it as brown switches white led's but there's a big chance you get them as red leds.case closed!

4s7IAOS.jpg

[I will never die.]

Really did i take the keycaps off??(baš si janez )it's mistake that a lot of stores make/label it wrong and a lot of ppl had the surprise when they got the keyboard mostly EU users of this same keyboard it's known issue,but not for me cause the guy that works in that store were i bought this one checkd it for me and i like it better with red leds :D . So they label it as brown switches white led's but there's a big chance you get them as red leds.case closed!

4s7IAOS.jpg

Nice. You actually got an unintentional variation haha

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Nice. You actually got an unintentional variation haha

Watch only those two switches were brown :P

That would be so sad LOL

Loving my Logitech G710+, its well built, has great macros, usb port, white lighting, and brown caps.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

nice try  B)

[I will never die.]

Hey there,

I am looking for a suggestions at this point. I saw Corsair Vengeance k95 and loved it, it has macros, multimedia keys and whatnot, but to me the clicky sound of mechanical keyboards is just so much of the nature in itself that I could not get myself to buy that specific keyboard.

So I am questioning if there are any other keyboards like the k95 with media keys and hopefully at least 10 macro keys, or 5 let's say in 3 layers managed by a button (Steelseries RAW apex has this, for example)

I was looking into Razer black widow, but that has only 5 macro keys and there are no dedicated macro keys.

PS: I also actually write a lot, so the blue keys are there not just for the sake of the sound. I tend to do a lot of online roleplaying and thus it is needed.