Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 minute ago, Charger said:

that reminds me i bought alps keycaps but never switches and never made the keyboard and now im making a cherry keyboard lol

Yeah, you should probably get some switches there...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

Yeah, you should probably get some switches there...

but currently I need like $80 in dsa keycaps i need first lol

Just now, Charger said:

but currently I need like $80 in dsa keycaps i need first lol

Yeah, mech keyboards are expensive....

Though until this point mine havent been.

Free Apple Adjustable Keyboard

60$ for 2 Data911 keyboards and the computer, and I sold computer for 50$, so really 10$ for both of them

30$ for compaq MX1800 and IBM model M

300$ for custom keyboard....

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, mech keyboards are expensive....

Though until this point mine havent been.

Free Apple Adjustable Keyboard

60$ for 2 Data911 keyboards and the computer, and I sold computer for 50$, so really 10$ for both of them

30$ for compaq MX1800 and IBM model M

300$ for custom keyboard....

custom is where the expensive comes in

1 minute ago, Charger said:

custom is where the expensive comes in

Yeah. And mine was even a cheap custom. Or it was going to be before I bought zealios... and 120$ of keycaps... but still, $300 isnt bad for a custom. And mine is pretty cool/unique

6 minutes ago, spwath said:

Yeah. And mine was even a cheap custom. Or it was going to be before I bought zealios... and 120$ of keycaps... but still, $300 isnt bad for a custom. And mine is pretty cool/unique

ya that is cheaper then the 2 I have made for other people and the 2nd I will be putting together for @TheProfosist as well but that will even have cherry mx silents in it that needed a donor keyboard just for the switches lol

6 hours ago, Charger said:

ya that is cheaper then the 2 I have made for other people and the 2nd I will be putting together for @TheProfosist as well but that will even have cherry mx silents in it that needed a donor keyboard just for the switches lol

most bare kits that at least have milled cases are more than that.

16 hours ago, spwath said:

Yeah, they have clear tops, gold springs/contact/pins, smoothness, and pretty purple stems. They are like mx clears aparently, but smoother. I have never used mx clears, but yeah, they feel like harder browns, but smoother, and posibly a more distinct bump. They feel more like matias quiet click, possibly with less agressive bump. And unlike my alps skfs on my apple adjustable keyboard, when I lift my finger slow, they dont feel like they will get stuck on the bump

If I ever made another keyboard and wanted LED keys, I think I might get these. Would be awesome! 

5 hours ago, the pokemon kid said:

If I ever made another keyboard and wanted LED keys, I think I might get these. Would be awesome! 

If I could think of a decent way to show them off I would probably pick some up even lol

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

If I could think of a decent way to show them off I would probably pick some up even lol

You would have to have clear keycaps to show them off or have some sort of awesome backlight from LED's through them...

1 hour ago, the pokemon kid said:

You would have to have clear keycaps to show them off or have some sort of awesome backlight from LED's through them...

I dont think I have ever seen caps clear enough to look good

13 hours ago, Charger said:

I dont think I have ever seen caps clear enough to look good

Glass keycaps would be clear enough, and really cool...

Glass keycaps would be clear enough, and really cool...

its all fun and games until you shatter a keycap when typing lol

Sup guys. Could you recommend a cherry brown keyboard that has an additional button between the ctrl and the Z? In my country we use that layout, and I can't seem to find one. 

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, thewipyk said:

Sup guys. Could you recommend a cherry brown keyboard that has an additional button between the ctrl and the Z? In my country we use that layout, and I can't seem to find one. 

Thank you :)

What country?

And what is that button?

10 hours ago, spwath said:

What country?

And what is that button?

Hungary, and there supposed to be an "í" there. In the same layout, there is a character | or ¦, i don't know exactly, supposed to be. 

well got my parts from big blue saw they seem like they will work although they sure have a lot of bow in them that will take will take a lot of work to get flattened back out I think

o7Ap2lq.jpg

6AmBp7w.jpg

vlIeKlO.jpg

10 hours ago, Charger said:

well got my parts from big blue saw they seem like they will work although they sure have a lot of bow in them that will take will take a lot of work to get flattened back out I think

o7Ap2lq.jpg

6AmBp7w.jpg

vlIeKlO.jpg

Nice.

Mine have no bow :)

Though i guess they are a lot smaller.

And guess one of my plates doesn't even work so....... And the plate guy is of town for now...

24 minutes ago, spwath said:

Nice.

And guess one of my plates doesn't even work so....... And the plate guy is of town for now...

Ya smaller parts would be less noticeable but even just rotating the part on the sheet would have drastically reduced the amount of bow that is in my parts.

13 hours ago, spwath said:

Nice.

why is this not an update on the site?

13 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

why is this not an update on the site?

huh?

12 minutes ago, spwath said:

huh?

the website is stupid I most definitely quoted @Charger

18 minutes ago, Charger said:

good old forum lol

yes the old forum was fine this new one is not

Some of the last few things that a friend and I need to finish our keyboard builds came in from techkeys.us https://goo.gl/GOMlkj

TGR-Jane%20and%20WhiteFox%20TechKeys%20O

TGR-Jane%20and%20WhiteFox%20TechKeys%20O