Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 minute ago, Charger said:

I still need 9 more sets of plate mount stabilizers and DSA caps.

Fucking keyboard has like 18 stabilized keys lol

Mine only has 4 stabalized keys :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Joined the UK group buy for these bad boys! Wont be here until September but I am so stoked! 

I also got myself a Royal Glam TKL wristrest made out of Walnut coming in July!

26996346140_4bb6f8fd2f_b.jpg

My new Keycap set! by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

22 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

Joined the UK group buy for these bad boys! Wont be here until September but I am so stoked! 

I also got myself a Royal Glam TKL wristrest made out of Walnut coming in July!

26996346140_4bb6f8fd2f_b.jpg

My new Keycap set! by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

What is that?
Kinda looks like th Nantuccket Selectric but different.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, the pokemon kid said:

Its the MechSupply DSA royal navy keycap set! He is like the only guy in the UK who does group buys, and I love the set!!!

Ah. I new it had to be SP

I really love their font and look of SP keycaps

wow its pretty

Image of DSA Royal Navy

7 hours ago, spwath said:

Ah. I new it had to be SP

I really love their font and look of SP keycaps

wow its pretty

Yeh, as soon as I saw it I jumped onto the group buy!

I tried to get on the Nantucket set however I missed it by accident.

1 hour ago, the pokemon kid said:

Yeh, as soon as I saw it I jumped onto the group buy!

I tried to get on the Nantucket set however I missed it by accident.

Ya it isn't hard to over look a group buy is you don't check frequently enough

4 minutes ago, Charger said:

Ya it isn't hard to over look a group buy is you don't check frequently enough

Yeh, I put it down in my calendar and missed the reminder!

However I do like this set just as much!

15 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

Yeh, I put it down in my calendar and missed the reminder!

However I do like this set just as much!

Ya its a nice looking set.

Picking up my plates today, I'll start the build tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

It wont be here until September however... But the wristrest will be here around the 1st of July.

Well its a group buy that is one of the drawbacks

Got the plates finaly @Charger

But, a problem.

The right plate is great, despite the thinner aluminum, switches are firm in place. However, the left plate the switches slide up and down and side to side. Im going to have to have him remake it. But I can build the left keyboard, as they are basically seperate keyboards.

20160527_155025.jpg

Made build log 

5 hours ago, spwath said:

Got the plates finaly @Charger

But, a problem.

The right plate is great, despite the thinner aluminum, switches are firm in place. However, the left plate the switches slide up and down and side to side. Im going to have to have him remake it. But I can build the left keyboard, as they are basically seperate keyboards.

Are those the Gateron switches? How do they preform compared to the cherry switches?

1 minute ago, the pokemon kid said:

Are those the Gateron switches? How do they preform compared to the cherry switches?

Purple zealios, so really nicely.

Nice and un scratchy compared to cherrys, though they dont directly compare to any other than possible ergo clears.

Stems are more wiggly though, but less wigly than matias

Just now, the pokemon kid said:

What are they weighted like? I have only looked at cherry stuff.

I added more to the post above

but mine are the 65g. They are avalible in 62, 65, 67, and 78g 

But they feel a little lighter due to smoothness

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81520.0;topicseen

https://zealpc.net/collections/group-buy-pre-orders/products/zealio

15 minutes ago, spwath said:

I added more to the post above

but mine are the 65g. They are avalible in 62, 65, 67, and 78g 

But they feel a little lighter due to smoothness

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81520.0;topicseen

https://zealpc.net/collections/group-buy-pre-orders/products/zealio

They look really nice! 

For me, I have never found Cherry switch to feel scratchy. However I am using Blues and greens.

Just now, the pokemon kid said:

They look really nice! 

For me, I have never found Cherry switch to feel scratchy. However I am using Blues and greens.

They are quite nice. I didnt really find cherry scratchy, but I can definatly feel it now when I do a side by side comparison. Especialy with my mx locks.

19 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

who cares they are beautiful... lol

I think they are a custom run of gateron in an mx clear style with clear tops gold plated springs. I hear they are much smoother then new cherry switches but i have never tried them.

5 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

They look really nice! 

i notice cherry being gritty when moving from old cherry to new cherry. I even noticed it moving from old blacks to new greens.

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

who cares they are beautiful... lol

I think they are a custom run of gateron in an mx clear style with clear tops gold plated springs. I hear they are much smoother then new cherry switches but i have never tried them.

Yeah, they have clear tops, gold springs/contact/pins, smoothness, and pretty purple stems. They are like mx clears aparently, but smoother. I have never used mx clears, but yeah, they feel like harder browns, but smoother, and posibly a more distinct bump. They feel more like matias quiet click, possibly with less agressive bump. And unlike my alps skfs on my apple adjustable keyboard, when I lift my finger slow, they dont feel like they will get stuck on the bump

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

Yeah, they have clear tops, gold springs/contact/pins, smoothness, and pretty purple stems. They are like mx clears aparently, but smoother. I have never used mx clears, but yeah, they feel like harder browns, but smoother, and posibly a more distinct bump. They feel more like matias quiet click, possibly with less agressive bump. And unlike my alps skfs on my apple adjustable keyboard, when I lift my finger slow, they dont feel like they will get stuck on the bump

that reminds me i bought alps keycaps but never switches and never made the keyboard and now im making a cherry keyboard lol