Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
3 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

How many people have metal case keyboards that aren't corsair is any real amount? 

There are plenty, especially now with the Blackwiddow x. Use that to tell you if ours because of the plate.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

How many people have metal case keyboards that aren't corsair is any real amount? 

I mean, most custom boards have metal plates of some sort, and while anodized aluminum doesn't conduct electricity, there are many boards that have stainless steel plates, which would certainly be able to do that, and I've never heard of one of those boards being the issue. 

Additionally, since anodized aluminum doesn't conduct electricity, I doubt it's the plate, and more of a corsair thing. Corsair would have to be a bunch of idiots to not anodize that plate...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, most custom boards have metal plates of some sort, and while anodized aluminum doesn't conduct electricity, there are many boards that have stainless steel plates, which would certainly be able to do that, and I've never heard of one of those boards being the issue. 

Additionally, since anodized aluminum doesn't conduct electricity, I doubt it's the plate, and more of a corsair thing. Corsair would have to be a bunch of idiots to not anodize that plate...

Well seeing as unanodized aluminum looks a bit crappy after a bit of use I'm sure they do. I think corsair was just buying crap leds.

Just now, Charger said:

Well seeing as unanadized aluminum looks a bit crappy after a bit of use I'm sure they do. I think corsair was just buying crap leds.

yup, that's what I'm saying :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

So I can shock myself on something that isn't conductive? 

12 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

So I can shock myself on something that isn't conductive? 

what? I never said anything of the sort.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

My cherry mx locks are with gb coordinator. Should ship out and arrive soon. Plates soon...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

so it looks like it is going to cost me $80 for some keycaps  for my ed keyboard project other than the $36 I spend for the keyboard with the enter and space bar.

this is what I plan to make 

Spoiler

RDOTZ13h.jpg

here is the keyboard i bought on ebay for the enter and space bar

uiyd6Q1h.jpg

and here is the key layout it is going to end up having. It seems the most practical depiction of the layout for the original source since it keeps changing every time it is seen anyways

k2BijbG.png

Here is something im doing for my Mechanical Keyboard brethren https://goo.gl/Ad6494

About a year ago I bought a Logitech G710+ off ebay and am LOVING IT! :D

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

This doesnt look good...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set/talk

Many people are reporting the keycaps I bought are are bent and warped. they better not be... i spend 120$ and wait 4 months, they better be good...

8 hours ago, spwath said:

This doesnt look good...

Many people are reporting the keycaps I bought are are bent and warped. they better not be... i spend 120$ and wait 4 months, they better be good...

Looking at some of the pictures it does look like a common warping I've seen in a lot of my SP keycaps; mostly in their 1u sizes, were ti's not as noticeable, it does look worse on those larger sizes. I hope you get a good set.

3 minutes ago, PopReference said:

Looking at some of the pictures it does look like a common warping I've seen in a lot of my SP keycaps; mostly in their 1u sizes, were ti's not as noticeable, it does look worse on those larger sizes. I hope you get a good set.

I have a lot of 1.5u's with my custom layout so i hope they are good... 1 month more and I'll see

so I got my new keyboard and Im rather impressed with the build quality of it seeing as it seems to be made in 1976 assuming the date stamp inside stands for that. 

is it odd that I dont think I even took a photo of the full keyboard before opening it up and looking at it... I guess since I only bought it for the enter key and space bar I guess it should be expected. I also need to plate for measurements I think for the enter key but I could probably get away with out desoldering it all so it may go back together as a usable keyboard since im impressed with it, just without a spacebar and enter key lol

TaqOWno.jpg

wMJS9h9.jpg

13 hours ago, spwath said:

This doesnt look good...

DSA and warping have been a pretty well known combination for a while.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I love the k65 with MX reds, but for some reason I prefer blues for typing.

spent some time drawing up some of the parts im going to get water jet cut for my ed keyboard build.

QfYESbl.png

Which will hopefully make this keyboard or at least as close as is practical to make lol. Every different screen shot I have taken of the keyboard has ended up with a different layout, different number of keys and just about everything else they could change.RDOTZ13.jpg

Do i want to keep this k70 and change keys and what not? or buy a different mx red board... hmmm

56 minutes ago, Wydz said:

Do i want to keep this k70 and change keys and what not? or buy a different mx red board... hmmm

Considering that you can't really change the keys on the bottom row, I would assume getting a new board.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

9 hours ago, Wydz said:

When you're looking for your next keyboard, look for one with a standard bottom row. Ducky, Filco, KUL, MK, CoolerMaster, WASD Keyboards.

1 hour ago, sacratoy said:

When you're looking for your next keyboard, look for one with a standard bottom row. Ducky, Filco, KUL, MK, CoolerMaster, WASD Keyboards.

What do you mean a Standard Row? I was considering a Ducky down the road, maybe after 1070 releases.

Also, Colorado #1 ;)

2 minutes ago, Wydz said:

What do you mean a Standard Row? I was considering a Ducky down the road, maybe after 1070 releases.

Also, Colorado #1 ;)

aP8WaE0.jpg

Here are the most common 'bottom rows' featured on mechanical keyboards. The top one is what is usually considered to be 'standard' because most aftermarket keycap sets are made to fit it. 

Just now, sacratoy said:
Spoiler

aP8WaE0.jpg

Here are the most common 'bottom rows' featured on mechanical keyboards. The top one is what is usually considered to be 'standard' because most aftermarket keycap sets are made to fit it. 

my k70 is the top one. i was just gunna buy a set of custom keycaps for it

1 minute ago, Wydz said:

my k70 is the top one. i was just gunna buy a set of custom keycaps for it

Every K70 I can find looks like this, which uses the layout shown in the second line of the image I shared.

p1200933b.jpg

The Corsair K70 is acutally none of those. The bottom row goes [1.5] [1.0] [1.25] [6.5] [1.25] [1.0] [1.0] [1.5]

It's the same as the Logitech G710+ that I have. The only keysets that I know of that fit these layouts are these two:

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-silver-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

http://www.geekkeys.com/eck-white-abs-backlit-keyset-for-corsair-k70-logitech-g710/

There are probably others available, but those are the two that I know of. You could also buy whatever keyset you want, then try to find some individual keys for the bottom row that would match whatever set you choose.

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man