Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
8 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

I mean I only have 200GB+ of pictures to go through. Which doesnt take any time at all.

RAW files? Convert to JPEG then. You either have good pics with lighting already or you don't. Editing won't change much for RAW that you can't for JPEG.

3 minutes ago, VSG said:

RAW files? Convert to JPEG then. You either have good pics with lighting already or you don't. Editing won't change much for RAW that you can't for JPEG.

nope but photoshop can make things looks better lol

23 minutes ago, Charger said:

well someone takes to many photos and never looks at them clearly lol

correct to the former incorrect to the latter. I go through many of them I was kinda waiting to go though the strafe RGB silent ones until I needed them for the TGR-Jane build log. cause yes its a bunch of pic which surprisingly take quite some time to pick thorugh

At some point I must upload pictures of the Keyboards I have been getting :3 Been ages since I've looked at this thread!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

So the person making the plates was out of town, but they should be made soon.

I have been really busy anyway, school and rowwing and such.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

23 minutes ago, spwath said:

I can't wait to get back on the rowing team at my college. I've been on a 1.5 year hiatus, and missing all that rowing has been killing me. 

I'm currently waiting on LZ to inspect all of the boards, so I should be getting it in the mail in the next week or two, which I'm really looking forward to!!!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

21 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I can't wait to get back on the rowing team at my college. I've been on a 1.5 year hiatus, and missing all that rowing has been killing me. 

I'm currently waiting on LZ to inspect all of the boards, so I should be getting it in the mail in the next week or two, which I'm really looking forward to!!!

Yeah, i like rowing, and we Will finally get onto the water this Saturday After a winter of indoor practice. Rowing machines can get pretty boring, and There is always the dreaded 2k tests, the longest 8 or less minutes ever.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 hours ago, VSG said:

This is great info, as usual from you. My question is, however, how to measure the LED size when they are under the switch and between the plate and the switch? Or am I being a doofus here and missing something obvious? If you could take a look at the album here: http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw, and tell me where to look for I will get to this in a few hours.

Um, sorry :(

The Ducky Shine 5 has the LED PCB completely separate from the keyswitch PCB.  They're connected by an easy to remove bridge chip.  I wasn't aware that the Corsair switches and LED's were on the exact same PCB :(

13 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

The Ducky Shine 5 has the LED PCB completely separate from the keyswitch PCB.  They're connected by an easy to remove bridge chip.  I wasn't aware that the Corsair switches and LED's were on the exact same PCB :(

Yeah, I have the DS5 here too.. Oh well, there's still hope if @TheProfosist decides to join the party.

1 hour ago, Falkentyne said:

oh ya I liked that when I saw it but ya corsair was not that considerate about the possibility of people wanting to fix them.

just realized a picture that you guys have been looking for has been on my twitter already for some time, lol

On 4/22/2016 at 11:06 PM, Charger said:

oh ya I liked that when I saw it but ya corsair was not that considerate about the possibility of people wanting to fix them.

theoretically they should be far less likely to go out via static with this design though, especially with the Strafe with the non exposed plate.

5 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

theoretically they should be far less likely to go out via static with this design though, especially with the Strafe with the non exposed plate.

has anyone proven this static theory because I still don't buy it. Also this is in comparison to the ducky shine 5 that has a case so has no connection to my statement lol

Forgot there was a Mechanical Keyboards club on this forum! I recently bought my first mechanical keyboard after having spent years saying that I'd never get one and that they were stupid and pointless things to buy (oops). Anyway, I have a WASD keyboards V2 10 keyless. I was looking at a quickfire tm I think but I didn't really like the design, so when this turned up on massdrop with a fairly similar price, the switches I wanted, and so on, I thought "fuck it" and bought it. Got bitten by a 30% import duty upon it's arrival but oh well, so worth it (it's really nice). Also, it's really helped my touch typing because it has no key legends, so it's learn or be unable to type anything :P I even program on it (finding the * key is really hard at times though haha)

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

On 4/22/2016 at 6:52 PM, spwath said:

Yeah, i like rowing, and we Will finally get onto the water this Saturday After a winter of indoor practice. Rowing machines can get pretty boring, and There is always the dreaded 2k tests, the longest 8 or less minutes ever.

My PR in high school was 6:15.5 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

17 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

My PR in high school was 6:15.5 

Im at like 7:53, but im not very good so..

EDIT:
Wait thats like a 1:33 split... you are really good.

Still rocking an old Cherry MX-Board 3.0 MX Red mecha. Love it.

But its getting old and i kinda want a second mecha in my house just for the sake of having it :D

And the nonexistent backlighting on the MX-Board 3.0 is kinda meh, combined with no features besides 4 hotkeys and "kill the windows-button"-function its not really geared towards lazy guys who dont want to alt-tab out. 

Do you guys know some mechas with flat keycaps (the MX-Board is flat, half-height keycaps i would say, so its hard to replace em), backlighting (dont care about RGB, just dont link me a pink keyboard with pink lights^^) and more hotkeys, maybe programmable. 10keyless is an option too.

Looking at the Ducky Shine 3 Slim right now, but slim means short, not flat - but thats the best what i can find here.

Btw it should be avaliable in Germany or cost less than 150€ with shipping and stuff so i dont have to pay taxes and import fees whatever. We have Ducky, DASKeyboard and some other brands here, but most of the shiny stuff at Massdrop is not avaliable here... Get them over here, we need something like Massdrop in the EU market! xD

On 4/22/2016 at 8:05 PM, spwath said:

I need a ate out of stainless... 

Oh also a diffuser thing out of acrylic! 

These would be for my TGR-Jane. Also kinda wonder if I can get my hands on a v2 TGR-Jane to put the new speed/rapid switches in... 

19 hours ago, Charger said:

has anyone proven this static theory because I still don't buy it. Also this is in comparison to the ducky shine 5 that has a case so has no connection to my statement lol

Umm yes I shock my KMAC Happy was more than I should. Gets super dry in winder here. I know Dsquaers (coworker, buddy, writer on TEX) has had the same issue on his K65 and made the LEDs flicker and one time go out where he had to unplug and replug.

9 hours ago, cryon1cang3l said:

Still rocking an old Cherry MX-Board 3.0 MX Red mecha. Love it.

But its getting old and i kinda want a second mecha in my house just for the sake of having it :D

And the nonexistent backlighting on the MX-Board 3.0 is kinda meh, combined with no features besides 4 hotkeys and "kill the windows-button"-function its not really geared towards lazy guys who dont want to alt-tab out. 

Do you guys know some mechas with flat keycaps (the MX-Board is flat, half-height keycaps i would say, so its hard to replace em), backlighting (dont care about RGB, just dont link me a pink keyboard with pink lights^^) and more hotkeys, maybe programmable. 10keyless is an option too.

Looking at the Ducky Shine 3 Slim right now, but slim means short, not flat - but thats the best what i can find here.

Btw it should be avaliable in Germany or cost less than 150€ with shipping and stuff so i dont have to pay taxes and import fees whatever. We have Ducky, DASKeyboard and some other brands here, but most of the shiny stuff at Massdrop is not avaliable here... Get them over here, we need something like Massdrop in the EU market! xD

Sounds like you need a volume knob or some auto-hotkey. 

Also no mech's generally don't have flat half height caps and even if they did it would still have full travel. Closest would be DSA  caps from SP. Otherwise maybe grab some cherry MX compatible caps off a ML board?

2 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Also no mech's generally don't have flat half height caps and even if they did it would still have full travel. Closest would be DSA  caps from SP. Otherwise maybe grab some cherry MX compatible caps off a ML board?

Well i would like a full set of media keys at least, dedicated (not via function buttons whatever). I have volume+ and volume+, mute and home right now, thats kinda not enough.

But i got used to that keyboard so much, i love half height caps. They still have the same travel distance, but the keyboard itself is slim. My last one before that was a Sidewinder X4, so thats nothing new.

The best keyboards what i have here avaliable are DASkeyboard and Ducky. I will move my behind one day and visit the Caseking store in Berlin.. And then i will need a truck to bring everything back home what i want :P

4 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Umm yes I shock my KMAC Happy was more than I should. Gets super dry in winder here. I know Dsquaers (coworker, buddy, writer on TEX) has had the same issue on his K65 and made the LEDs flicker and one time go out where he had to unplug and replug.

I still don't buy it. The leds and plates don't touch each other. If static was really the cause I think I would hear more about people with aluminum cases having led problems. It seems to be far more of a corsair problem than an exposed plate problem. 

5 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

They look pretty flat on the mx 3.0, and low. Look pretty similar to DSA. But SignaturePlastics isnt exactly cheap. 60$ minimum for a set of DSA caps, more like 80 to get everything.

hqdefault.jpg6121_14_cherry_mx_board_3_0_mechanical_k

1 hour ago, spwath said:

They look pretty flat on the mx 3.0, and low. Look pretty similar to DSA. But SignaturePlastics isnt exactly cheap. 60$ minimum for a set of DSA caps, more like 80 to get everything.

Combine that with the shipping cost to Germany and the time: nope, not worth it. It would fit under the tax limit, so i would pay only shipping, no extra fees - but still meeeeeh. 

I think i can get used to normal keycaps without issues, thats just that little "extra" that i like on my keyboard - no idea why. But thats not worth a full extra keycap set that i have to buy pretty overseas. 

The best looking product right now in a local shop is a DASkeyboard 4 Ultimate, avaliable in MX blue & brown. Would love MX red, but cant have everything. 170€ - but worth it.

Same goes for the Duckys, we have almost everything that Ducky has to offer here. Gonna visit the shop and put my fingers all over them :-)

DASkeyboard 4 Ultimate (stealth) is really interesting with that normal "office" design, USB3.0 hub and decent media controls.

And it seems like the keyboard would work on PS/2, just the USB hub needs an additional connector plugged in, thats a huge bonus.

18 hours ago, Charger said:

I still don't buy it. The leds and plates don't touch each other. If static was really the cause I think I would hear more about people with aluminum cases having led problems. It seems to be far more of a corsair problem than an exposed plate problem. 

How many people have metal case keyboards that aren't corsair is any real amount?