Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

What has arrived?

that 38GT?or is that?

KMAC Happy

Ah that wasn't what I imagine, thought a happy would have a HHKB layout without any blocker

congrats on the purchase

Yes this one came with screw on blocks there was also one with the hhkb layout but this is the one I found. Its also the color and layout I prefer so I'm quite happy I was able to get a hold of it.

I have a Logitech G710+ as well but it's at my dads so here is my mom's CM Storm Quickfire TK in the dark

CBFdpGD.jpg

Life.exe is missing

ducky shine 3 cherry mx blues. love it :)

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

for those of you, who weren't around in '89 - '90 - there was no USB not even PS/2 ; only DIN. Plugged into adapters, the cherry keys still doin the job ^^.

UNITEK K-157

unitek.jpg

I found one of these on my work,covered in dust in old storage room :) Its true,old things are comming back to fashion ;)

I found one of these on my work,covered in dust in old storage room :) Its true,old things are comming back to fashion ;)

nice to hear (read) that ^^, maybe you can dust it off and even find an adapter somwhere around...put it on a workstation for a 'testdrive'

fun part; fellow: so...press windows key + 'particular key' combination to proceed with... me: no, i won't do that!

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

I just got a Razor Black Widdow 2014 Ultimate,  Not the best board I know, but I like their switches with a blue feel but faster actuation.

I just got a Razor Black Widdow 2014 Ultimate,  Not the best board I know, but I like their switches with a blue feel but faster actuation.

Don't let people put you off. Mechanical keyboards are all about feel. I'm glad you found one you like. 

Make sure to keep your receipts and register your keyboard, though. I've had two Blackwidows fail on me in different ways.

I recently added this beauty to my collection. A Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition with MX Blues.
RCsQDKs.jpg
This bastard is not easy to get a hold of anymore. I managed to grab the last one from a Swedish computer store.

CM Storm Quickfire TK Blue

It's simply orgasmic

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Ducky Premier with MX Reds

kS4ZS4a.jpg

31rdyn1.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Ducky Premier with MX Reds

-Snip-

-Snip-

What's the reasoning for only having F5 and Esc illuminated?

What's the reasoning for only having F5 and Esc illuminated?

Not all keys have leds behind them. WASD, Esc, Caps/Num/Scroll, and F5 are the only ones with leds.

It's not a bling keyboard, it's an enthusiast/typist keyboard

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Not all keys have leds behind them. WASD, Esc, Caps/Num/Scroll, and F5 are the only ones with leds.

It's not a bling keyboard, it's an enthusiast/typist keyboard

I misread Premier as Shine 3 (or perhaps just read ducky and assumed it was a shine 3), and so thought there was an LED behind every key.

I got a PM from the local peripherals shop, seems the KBParadise V60 Mini I'd wanted had just been made available. I was at the shop and was torn between the Cherry MX White and Cherry MX Green models, stood there for a couple of minutes before deciding on these:

20140812_173537_zpse978623e.jpg

Among my fave Cherry switches, Green and White! Note that the LED's look a bit different, they are dual color LEDs, 

The White switch KB does blue and red backlight. I didn't know these are limited runs, the White is 022/150.

20140812_175054_zpsfecdadb1.jpg

20140812_175320_zps263a1758.jpg

The Green switch model does blue and green backlight...181/190.

20140812_175100_zps162c8e41.jpg

20140812_175328_zps0c6f79ad.jpg

All lit up....MX Green on top and the MX White below.

20140812_183348_zpse2b665a7.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I got a PM from the local peripherals shop, seems the KBParadise V60 Mini I'd wanted had just been made available. I was at the shop and was torn between the Cherry MX White and Cherry MX Green models, stood there for a couple of minutes before deciding on these:

-snip-

Among my fave Cherry switches, Green and White! Note that the LED's look a bit different, they are dual color LEDs, 

The White switch KB does green and red backlight. I didn't know these are limited runs, the White is 022/150.

-snip

The Green switch model does red and blue backlight...181/190.

-snip-

All lit up....MX Green on top and the MX White below.

-snip-

Currently waiting on Mechanicalkeyboards.com to process my preorder for the green switched blue/green LED one of these guys. Super jealous that you have a local store that sells them.

EDIT:

Update on this: mine was shipped out this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive.

My bad, the MX Green model does blue and green backlight....the MX White does blue and red  :wacko:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Got tesoro durandal ultimate with browns.

When Corsair k95 rgb will be released - tesoro has to leave my house. Forever.

Update on this: mine was shipped out this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Argh, really want mine to arrive.

Ordered MX Clears version via Pexon, but the clears aren't arriving to them till the end of August. Nothing I/they can do, just want to try out Clears.

Though, I am now considering buying the Alu Case Pexon has on his store. £40 is pretty damn cheap compared to the other ones I've seen, and I love that floating keys look. Hope they are in stock / coming back when I have cash to spend.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Ordered MX Clears version via Pexon, but the clears aren't arriving to them till the end of August. Nothing I/they can do, just want to try out Clears.

Though, I am now considering buying the Alu Case Pexon has on his store. £40 is pretty damn cheap compared to the other ones I've seen, and I love that floating keys look. Hope they are in stock / coming back when I have cash to spend.

From the photos on Pexon's site it looks just like the one the board ships with. I assume it isn't and it ships with a plastic one, but to me the point of a case is to make your board look different. which is why I'm looking out for a green or blue one to go with the LEDs in mine.

I got the case you are talking about via the group buy, its really nice I still need to get a picture but, it is super low profile and sit flush with the plate, and I personally think Pexon understated the quality as they are very very nice also its Pexon so he's a swell person and free sweeties :D Nomnomnom

Just remember those cases are very few in stock and quite a few people want one it seems so it might be worth grabbing on now.

Also Hello everyone as I never said hello when I joined :)

~Giver of Cookies, Owner of Glitter and Keep of Rainbows~

From the photos on Pexon's site it looks just like the one the board ships with. I assume it isn't and it ships with a plastic one, but to me the point of a case is to make your board look different. which is why I'm looking out for a green or blue one to go with the LEDs in mine.

The big thing I like about it and all the Alu cases is the fact its low profile. It gives the caps a floating sort of look. This is what I'm talking about.

Subtle I know, but I really like that floating style of the keys. Just drops the case down to the same height as the plate the keys are mounted to.

I got the case you are talking about via the group buy, its really nice I still need to get a picture but, it is super low profile and sit flush with the plate, and I personally think Pexon understated the quality as they are very very nice also its Pexon so he's a swell person and free sweeties :D Nomnomnom

Just remember those cases are very few in stock and quite a few people want one it seems so it might be worth grabbing on now.

Also Hello everyone as I never said hello when I joined :)

I'm really tempted to just email and ask if its possible to get one put aside to be shipped at the same time as my V60. Or atleast what the stock is like/going to be like when my KB arrives.

And Hey :) Welcome to the awesome community.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4