Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

are those really that expensive

Yes, and that is a good price for a cherry mx keyboard let alone a brown.

Yes, and that is a good price for a cherry mx keyboard let alone a brown.

ow ok that means om going to have to save up some more after i bought my pc

ow ok that means om going to have to save up some more after i bought my pc

yea you can ask around still and see what you get price wise but I would say that anything in the 75-150 dollar range is pretty standard for a Cherry Mx keyboard.

yea you can ask around still and see what you get price wise but I would say that anything in the 75-150 dollar range is pretty standard for a Cherry Mx keyboard.

ok thx :D

Add a little to that for rarer switch types, more features or better quality, so $100 is actually pretty decent for MX brown.

Especially when you consider it would be £75-150 over here (yep, exchange rates seem to mean nothing) and $75 is about £40 or so (on mobile so not gonna calculate)

corsair k70 rgb vs cm storm quickfire rapid i vs ducky shine 3 which one should i buy..help!

corsair k70 rgb vs cm storm quickfire rapid i vs ducky shine 3 which one should i buy..help!

Firstly, do you actually need the number pad? If not, stop searching and go for the Rapid-i. If you do need it, do you also want to be able to change your backlight colour, perhaps you're keeping the board across multiple systems and want to colour match your peripherals to your system? If yes, go with the corsair offering. If both of those questions were answered with a no, then the Ducky is a fantastic choice. I'm actually typing this on a Ducky Shine 3.

Depends on what you really want. When the RGB comes out, it will be far and away the most expensive keyboard in the bunch, with the only differentiating feature being the lighting effects.

If you want a solid keyboard for a little less money, the Ducky Shine 3 is a great keyboard, which also has great LED lighting features.

If you want the cheapest keyboard in the bunch, get the Quickfire Rapidi, which only has white back lighting, but has similar lighting features to the Shine 3. I wouldn't say this keyboard is quite as well made as the Ducky or the Corsair, however.

So... decide what you need and what you're willing to spend on it.

I'd say get the Ducky Shine 3. I have one myself, and it works great.

If you don't care for backlighting, and you was a keyboard without the ten-key pad, I'd recommend checking out Keyed Up Labs (KUL) keyboards.

Depends on what you really want. When the RGB comes out, it will be far and away the most expensive keyboard in the bunch, with the only differentiating feature being the lighting effects.

If you want a solid keyboard for a little less money, the Ducky Shine 3 is a great keyboard, which also has great LED lighting features.

If you want the cheapest keyboard in the bunch, get the Quickfire Rapidi, which only has white back lighting, but has similar lighting features to the Shine 3. I wouldn't say this keyboard is quite as well made as the Ducky or the Corsair, however.

So... decide what you need and what you're willing to spend on it.

I'd say get the Ducky Shine 3. I have one myself, and it works great.

If you don't care for backlighting, and you was a keyboard without the ten-key pad, I'd recommend checking out Keyed Up Labs (KUL) keyboards.

Firstly, do you actually need the number pad? If not, stop searching and go for the Rapid-i. If you do need it, do you also want to be able to change your backlight colour, perhaps you're keeping the board across multiple systems and want to colour match your peripherals to your system? If yes, go with the corsair offering. If both of those questions were answered with a no, then the Ducky is a fantastic choice. I'm actually typing this on a Ducky Shine 3.

Thanks guys it helped a lot i think im gnna go get a ducky shine 3. one last question where did u guys buy your ducky shine?

Thanks guys it helped a lot i think im gnna go get a ducky shine 3. one last question where did u guys buy your ducky shine?

I got mine from http://www.pccasegear.com/, but that's useless to you unless you live in Australia since they don't ship internationally.

Its 11 pm and all I can think about is getting a happy hacking keyboard: I am worried I can't game on it though. I'm the biggest gamer, but I do play the occasional game. I currently use a Ducky YOTD blue switch, and I am worried about the transition. I spent a lot of time on the command line and a lot of time programming, so the appeal of the small keyboard and layout is a lot: It's my favorite looking keyboard I think. 

Sigh. If I did it all over again I think I would buy the HHKB, but alas, not having the function keys might be a big deal. It seems like I use them when I play MMOs.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Yep. I'll be selling some used high end ones soon at a decent discount.

Its 11 pm and all I can think about is getting a happy hacking keyboard: I am worried I can't game on it though. I'm the biggest gamer, but I do play the occasional game. I currently use a Ducky YOTD blue switch, and I am worried about the transition. I spent a lot of time on the command line and a lot of time programming, so the appeal of the small keyboard and layout is a lot: It's my favorite looking keyboard I think. 

Sigh. If I did it all over again I think I would buy the HHKB, but alas, not having the function keys might be a big deal. It seems like I use them when I play MMOs.

The HHKB layout is about as minimal as it gets without dropping down to a 40% layout. That doesn't mean you can't learn to make full use of the function layer, but it's certainly not going to make things easier.

There are also opinions on both sides as to whether topre switches are good for gaming. Personally, I think people will get used to whatever they feel like using (I game on Cherry Clears; some people recommend against that). 

If you want a compact keyboard that looks really good looking (I think the HHKB Pro 2 is stunning), then give it a shot. The only thing that's held me back is the price of entry. 

If it's really been bugging you for a long time, then give it a shot, you can always recover some funds on Ebay. Some people call HHKB's an investment.

Hhkb so nice for everything except games but if your really into it you could figure out the game thing with remaps or like me just get an orbweaver. I prefer playing with it anyways ;):D

The HHKB layout is about as minimal as it gets without dropping down to a 40% layout. That doesn't mean you can't learn to make full use of the function layer, but it's certainly not going to make things easier.

There are also opinions on both sides as to whether topre switches are good for gaming. Personally, I think people will get used to whatever they feel like using (I game on Cherry Clears; some people recommend against that).

If you want a compact keyboard that looks really good looking (I think the HHKB Pro 2 is stunning), then give it a shot. The only thing that's held me back is the price of entry.

If it's really been bugging you for a long time, then give it a shot, you can always recover some funds on Ebay. Some people call HHKB's an investment.

They are I actually made money on mine :P

5 months (4 months of usage lol) in since I've started using this keyboard and it feels great typing on it and clickity sound is still awesome. Can't use it at night though due to the noise. Too bad the LEDs started failing one after another, and i can't be bothered to send it in for another RMA again, as they took a month to get it back to me the last time. The LEDs don't really matter much to me as I mostly type blind in the dark anyways, and one of the reasons I choose this kb over the others was that it had a snake logo on the spacebar, so as long as the spacebar lights up I'm okay.

rsSGl0m.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Does ducky shine 3 yellow edition have the letters on the keycap or is it blank?

Does ducky shine 3 yellow edition have the letters on the keycap or is it blank?

They are engraved, so the backlight won't shine through like you see it doing in the black versions. It will just sort of glow through the keycaps. You'll be able to see what the letters are, though, it may just feel a little different.

They are engraved, so the backlight won't shine through like you see it doing in the black versions. It will just sort of glow through the keycaps. You'll be able to see what the letters are, though, it may just feel a little different.

ok thanks very much

I have a soft spot for Corsair stuff :P

Anyway, I don't know too much about the CM Storm, but both the Ducky and Corsair are built well and have that all-important wow factor: lighting ;P JK, but they are both good keyboards with the Ducky being more conservative in look than that Corsair.

Honestly, if you want RGB it has to be Corsair; if not then pick the one you like the look of the most and is easiest to get in your area as both are great boards.

Edit: Didn't see you had already bought the Ducky! (I blame being on mobile)

Take it or leave it........

I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 with the green swithces.

My Mouse is the Deathadder 2013

Headset-Kraken Pro

I have been satisfied with my keyboard overall........Now, ever computer I type on other than at school its hard because all the computers at school are membrane. I love my keyboard and it is well worth my $148. 

I would recommend this keyboard for a clicky gaming keyboard

Hey, so does anyone use 2 .4mm o-rings on there switches? I am thinking about doing it and just want to hear how other people like it ^^

I used to do that on Cherry MX Brown switches, but the keyboard felt too soft and the keys just didn't feel 'right' so I ended up removing all the O rings.  If you can find some O rings for cheap then try it but I wouldn't recommend it unless all you do is gaming. If you do a lot of typing i feel like it makes the keyboard feel worse