Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Vomlix

What keyboard layout do you use in your country?

No matter what, you should definitely check out the Ducky Shine 3 White Case and if you want a completely white theme, you could buy some white keycaps.

<snip>

Oh yeah, I probably should've mentioned that. I use a Nordic layout with the keys 'æøå'. Though your suggestion does look very cool! It's definitely the style I was looking for (and I can buy Nordic white keycaps easily). 

Edit: Also, it has to be full length. I want mah numpad!

Looking for a white-themed full-length mechanical keyboard with a Nordic layout. Please PM if you have a candidate! :)

What are the code keyboards like? I just saw that mass drop has a tkl with clears. I would like to try clears.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

What are the code keyboards like? I just saw that mass drop has a tkl with clears. I would like to try clears.

Aren't they just like browns but with a more pronounced bump (and maybe a stiffer spring?) that results in a stiffer/heavier feel and a more tactility on each keypress?

Love my G710+

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

I have the good old Corsair K70 in Black color with Red switches. I love it. Anybody here also have one?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Very good their basically just a backlight WASDv2

Aren't they just like browns but with a more pronounced bump (and maybe a stiffer spring?) that results in a stiffer/heavier feel and a more tactility on each keypress?

No browns are a compromise. They have less of a bump compared to blues. When you type or use them at any sort of speed they feel like scratchy reds. Clears have a very distinct tactile bump thats larger than all other mx switches. They also have the heaviest spring of any of the standard switches.

Very good their basically just a backlight WASDv2

So you think it would be a good deal at $155 including shipping. It seems like a good deal to me.

It will be my 2nd mechanical. I currently have a quickfire tk with browns. 

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

So you think it would be a good deal at $155 including shipping. It seems like a good deal to me.

If you like the way Browns feel you might think that clears are heavy.

I found stock clears to be heavy after long periods of use.  However I love ergo clears.

Sounds fine to me.

If you like the way Browns feel you might think that clears are heavy.

I found stock clears to be heavy after long periods of use. However I love ergo clears.

Give it about a week of good use and youll get used to them. I found i had less mistakes and rarely if ever bottomed out due to the more pronounced bump and stronger springs. And found is less faigueing in the end because o didnt press down as far.

Ergo clears are a bit light and since the spring is just enough the is a tough of lag when comong back up. If anything id recommend panda clears or possibly some of the custom springs.

I avhualy find them a bit light and I cannot feel the bump so bottom out a lot.

Give it about a week of good use and youll get used to them. I found i had less mistakes and rarely if ever bottomed out due to the more pronounced bump and stronger springs. And found is less faigueing in the end because o didnt press down as far.

Ergo clears are a bit light and since the spring is just enough the is a tough of lag when comong back up. If anything id recommend panda clears or possibly some of the custom springs.

Yeah that's what some other people told me as well.  I tried the stock clears for a few days, and when I had enough I through in some 62g springs and fell in love.

No browns are a compromise. They have less of a bump compared to blues. When you type or use them at any sort of speed they feel like scratchy reds. Clears have a very distinct tactile bump thats larger than all other mx switches. They also have the heaviest spring of any of the standard switches.

I guess that's kinda what I meant (but a different way of looking at it). I've not used browns properly, but I know that they are the same 'design' or 'type' of switch, but much more pronounced and distinct than browns. I'm currently looking to get a K70 with browns, but if I don't like them enough I might either buy a Code or similar, or see if I can mod the K70 to have clears (or maybe just heavier springs since 45g does seem a little light after trying reds).

Oh yeah, I probably should've mentioned that. I use a Nordic layout with the keys 'æøå'. Though your suggestion does look very cool! It's definitely the style I was looking for (and I can buy Nordic white keycaps easily). 

Edit: Also, it has to be full length. I want mah numpad!

I see you've added your location since your last post and it's nice to see a fellow Dane here on LTT.

Currently I have two Ducky keyboards, both of which I bought from http://www.teraset.net. It's a Finnish website but don't be scared, if you look at the top right corner there's a shortcut to their English section.

To order from Teraset is really easy, you simply send them an email of what you want and from thereon it's pretty straight forward.

At the moment I don't think Teraset has the Ducky Shine 3 White case in stock and whether it's made with an ISO layout or not, I'm not really sure of.

The easiest way to find out whether they're going to get it or not is by sending them an email.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I see you've added your location since your last post and it's nice to see a fellow Dane here on LTT.

Currently I have two Ducky keyboards, both of which I bought from http://www.teraset.net. It's a Finnish website but don't be scared, if you look at the top right corner there's a shortcut to their English section.

To order from Teraset is really easy, you simply send them an email of what you want and from thereon it's pretty straight forward.

At the moment I don't think Teraset has the Ducky Shine 3 White case in stock and whether it's made with an ISO layout or not, I'm not really sure of.

The easiest way to find out whether they're going to get it or not is by sending them an email.

I didn't know about that english section...

I found that website when I was looking for the clean acrylic ducky wrist rest.

They have a good amount of stuff.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Currently I have two Ducky keyboards, both of which I bought from http://www.teraset.net. It's a Finnish website but don't be scared, if you look at the top right corner there's a shortcut to their English section.

Thank you so much! I will definitely check that out! :)

Looking for a white-themed full-length mechanical keyboard with a Nordic layout. Please PM if you have a candidate! :)

Yeah that's what some other people told me as well.  I tried the stock clears for a few days, and when I had enough I through in some 62g springs and fell in love.

I recommend a good week on keyboard our mouse before youll truly get used to it.

I guess that's kinda what I meant (but a different way of looking at it). I've not used browns properly, but I know that they are the same 'design' or 'type' of switch, but much more pronounced and distinct than browns. I'm currently looking to get a K70 with browns, but if I don't like them enough I might either buy a Code or similar, or see if I can mod the K70 to have clears (or maybe just heavier springs since 45g does seem a little light after trying reds).

Just a heads up swapping out switches on a full LED board isnt going to be any fun, mostly tedious and annoying.

I didn't know about that english section...

I found that website when I was looking for the clean acrylic ducky wrist rest.

They have a good amount of stuff.

It's the only proper Ducky w/ ISO layout dealer I've found within the EU.

The amount of good dealers, that ship keyboards with ISO layout, are very limited in EU.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I recommend a good week on keyboard our mouse before youll truly get used to it.

Just a heads up swapping out switches on a full LED board isnt going to be any fun, mostly tedious and annoying.

I'd forgotten about the LEDs. I'm a ways off getting it, but if it turns out it's too light then I'll either sell it or give it to my sister or something.

I don't think a week would have made a difference for me.   62g Clears just feels right for me.

That may and or may not be what im running... :D

I'd forgotten about the LEDs. I'm a ways off getting it, but if it turns out it's too light then I'll either sell it or give it to my sister or something.

Thats whats nice about mech boards, high resell value.

That may and or may not be what im running... :D

Thats whats nice about mech boards, high resell value.

Considering how expensive they are in the UK and various parts of Europe compared to the US, and how hard it us to find them in shops over here, I'm glad they sell high!

Well IT has arrived and ive already put some work into it.

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

I decided to get the Code TKL. I hope it does not take to long to get down to NZ. Im thinking about selling my Quickfire TK but it has quite a bit of shine on wasd and where I rest my thumb below the space bar.