Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

you would have almost no travel would you not?

You have literally just an extra .2 mm past the actuation point.

I'd think so as well. ;) I've never understood the need for O-rings though, don't they make a switch feel mushy? :unsure: I love the satisfying 'thock' of my Topres, and the clicks and/or clacks when I bottom out. :wacko:

On the previous page I asked where people bought their O-rings and what they'd recommend. The only reason I'm thinking of getting some is because my friends complain about the noise my keyboard makes while we're on Skype. I realise that the positioning of my microphone is a part of the problem as well as me bottoming out the keys, but I love it!

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I realise that the positioning of my microphone is a part of the problem as well as me bottoming out the keys, but I love it!

Exactly! That's the charm of mechanical keyboards....to me anyway. I simply love the sound of the keys when I bottom out! :D

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Dude, you'd stated MX Green, had you not? <_< I was correcting your oversight. Yours isn't MX Green, as you'd claimed, it's Kailh/Razer Green. Obviously you have a chip on your shoulder because of my comment about my thinking they are inferior to Cherry MX switches (my opinion anyway).....IF you're not happy with my posts, put me on your ignore list. Don't understand why some become instant fanboys and feel a need to defend the hardware they buy. or that they have such fragile ego and feel slighted simply because the opinions of others that do not jell with their opinion/belief.

I dont have any problem with you man. i just typed it wrong. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I guess, whoever needs a cheap mechanical can go for kaihl switches. My friend got one the other day says it's basically cherry mx.

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Steam: LemonThongder Origin: LemonThongder

I'd think so as well. ;) I've never understood the need for O-rings though, don't they make a switch feel mushy? :unsure: I love the satisfying 'thock' of my Topres, and the clicks and/or clacks when I bottom out. :wacko:

I guess a touch but not really. I feel the 40A hardness that WASD settled on has just the right amount of give to get rid of the jarring from bottoming out with out being mushy. I think you sir need to get yourself a Buckling spring board then if thats why you like or at least some clicky Alps.

You have literally just an extra .2 mm past the actuation point.

so like half the travel from normal...

On the previous page I asked where people bought their O-rings and what they'd recommend. The only reason I'm thinking of getting some is because my friends complain about the noise my keyboard makes while we're on Skype. I realise that the positioning of my microphone is a part of the problem as well as me bottoming out the keys, but I love it!

I dont its super jarring on my fingers and if i want noise I have my BS board. There is still quite a bit of noise from my KMAC2 which is probably my quietest mechanical I have. the noise is mostly me running across the keys and the spacebar. besides the milled case making it quieter I also have some cabinet liner in there making it tigher and less hollow. the switches are also lubed and I have orings on. i willl be doing the same on my LZ-GH but willl also be trying out the trampoline mod inside the switch along with the lube. When I redo my original KMAC I may also try the trampoline mod in its green switches since im going to open them to add stickers since I have ones that fit the theme perfectly.

I've been using a Leopold FC660M with browns ever since I could afford to upgrade my blackwidow, I don't see this keyboard around a lot but it is one of the few 60% keyboards that I could find with unprinted caps as well as dedicated arrow keys. That along with being beautiful is why I chose it. I'm a noob at this site so I have no idea how to resize this giant image but this is mineXYeHUHq.jpg

^^ Very nice! ;)  Good to see another Leopold FC660M user, I have both the FC660M MX Clear and FC660C and I love 'em! I'm into 60% boards now, and my future purchases will be the soon to be released Ducky Mini and a blue + red LED KBParadise MX White.

20140210_203834_zps77cb62cb.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

^^ Very nice! ;)  Good to see another Leopold FC660M user, I have both the FC660M MX Clear and FC660C and I love 'em! I'm into 60% boards now, and my future purchases will be the soon to be released Ducky Mini and a blue + red LED KBParadise MX White.

The Ducky Mini is going to be a thing? I thought I read somewhere that they weren't going to move forward with it. Better start preparing my wallet  :lol:

How do the capacitive switches feel? I've always wondered how much better they were than the mechanical switches but nobody I know has one and I've never seen one in a store, they look really interesting

So the nine key on my Ducky died today, I have no idea why, but I would assume that it has something to do with the actual switch as all the other keys work correctly. Currently waiting a reply from Ducky to see if I can RMA. As it is a month old, I am happy that it is under warranty. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How do the capacitive switches feel? I've always wondered how much better they were than the mechanical switches but nobody I know has one and I've never seen one in a store, they look really interesting

If by capacitive you mean Topre, they feel like a rubber dome (they actually have a rubber dome in them) at the top of the stroke, but a red after that until the bottom. The actuation point is apparently halfway between when the rubber dome collapses and the bottom of the stroke.

If by capacitive you mean Topre, they feel like a rubber dome (they actually have a rubber dome in them) at the top of the stroke, but a red after that until the bottom. The actuation point is apparently halfway between when the rubber dome collapses and the bottom of the stroke.

In my optinion they cant be compared to cherry MX at all and the dome in theme is just there for the tactile feedback. If you watch Tek Syndicate's recent video on them I think he describes the feeling very well. Or i guess I should say the experience. its very "poppy". I used to have a full collection of topre boards but once I got a board I could program I never went back.

I'm thinking my first topre board will be the CM Novatouch TKL. As it turns out, CM will be at PAX Prime this year, and they will be showing the Novatouch again. And if their booth is anything like it was a East, they will be selling peripherals at said booth.

Going to see if I can get my hands on one. Board may well come out before PAX, it seems the board is done, they're just delaying for some reason.

I'm thinking my first topre board will be the CM Novatouch TKL. As it turns out, CM will be at PAX Prime this year, and they will be showing the Novatouch again. And if their booth is anything like it was a East, they will be selling peripherals at said booth.

Going to see if I can get my hands on one. Board may well come out before PAX, it seems the board is done, they're just delaying for some reason.

only selling point of it over a realforce is the detachable cable and the compatibility with cherry MX caps

only selling point of it over a realforce is the detachable cable and the compatibility with cherry MX caps

The Realforce start at $199 though  :(

*and I'm not all that interested in the Type Heaven.

edit;;

Having done more research, I may bite the bullet and pick up a Realforce 87U all-45g board since EK has them on Amazon at a good price w/ prime shipping.

The Realforce start at $199 though :(

*and I'm not all that interested in the Type Heaven.

edit;;

Having done more research, I may bite the bullet and pick up a Realforce 87U all-45g board since EK has them on Amazon at a good price w/ prime shipping.

yep and just so you know both the CM Nova Touch and the Corsair RGB will be around that $200 price as well.

I use the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 with Razer's Green Switches

How do you like the green switches and the keyboard overall?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

can you guys give me a link to a good cherry mx brown keyboard that is not too expensive