Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

WASSUP GUISE. Finally got a Mechanical Keyboard (Ducky Zero DK2108 Cherry MX Reds), and I luff dis wiff all mai hart ;^;. Amazing Build Quality at an amazing price, and I think everyone who wants a Non-TKL Keybaord under $100.00 should buy one. (I got mine for $89.99)

Anyone else jumped on the Granite Keycap Group buy round 2?

Grabbed a common,icon modifiers and coloured Esc/Enter pack.

I'm looking at getting a core set with rgb icon modifiers and the esc/enter pack. Looks like there may be another price reduction tomorrow. Not sure if I want in at this price, guess I'll see what the deal is tomorrow.

Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Anyone else jumped on the Granite Keycap Group buy round 2?

Grabbed a common,icon modifiers and coloured Esc/Enter pack.

I was ready to pull the trigger until I saw how much I would have to pay to make my 60% Nordic ISO layout.

• Common kit - $29.99
  • Modifier keys - $26.99
  • Pro Modifiers - $24.99
  • ISO Enter - $12.99
  • International Keycap Set - $37.99

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I was ready to pull the trigger until I saw how much I would have to pay to make my 60% Nordic ISO layout.

• Common kit - $29.99
  • Modifier keys - $26.99
  • Pro Modifiers - $24.99
  • ISO Enter - $12.99
  • International Keycap Set - $37.99

Yeah, at first I was a bit hesitant about buying an ANSI board, but now I've realised that the small differences I'll adjust to, and its worth it for the cash I'll save on keycaps.

To me, It would have made more sense to make specific international sets. ISO Pack, with the enters and the other modifiers. Or International ISO with Enters, Mods and other caps. 

Having it spread out makes it a lot more annoying to buy, and also more expensive.

Though, Matt3o response does give some hope that maybe there will be further discounts?

I know. I'm sorry about that. We made Round 2 kits projecting the numbers from Round 1 and we thought that the international kits were quite risky. Actually MD didn't want to run international kits at all, but I sneaked them anyway.

R2 is going better than expected so in hindsight we could have split the UK kit (that was the original idea actually). All I can say is that hopefully MD will lower the intl kit price considering the success of this drop.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

MaxKeyboard BlackBird (Cherry MX Brown, Blue lightining, TKL, two USB 2.0 ports in the back). 

In Europe, the manufacturare is called Tesoro but unfortunately do not make this model available.

I do plan to add some O-rings to it in the future, but for the moment I'm very happy with it  :)

IMG_8684-Custom.jpg

@ Tiby, Welcome to the Mechanical Keyboard Club! You're now a  B) MKC member, where all the  B) peeps hangout.  :D

Just got word that the Novatouch is in, it's early evening now and I'm too tired to collect it. Will defo collect it tomorrow and post pics, impressions may come later. ^_^

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

@ Tiby, Welcome to the Mechanical Keyboard Club! You're now a  B) MKC member, where all the  B) peeps hangout.  :D

Just got word that the Novatouch is in, it's early evening now and I'm too tired to collect it. Will defo collect it tomorrow and post pics, impressions may come later. ^_^

The Novatouch is the CM Topre board that can use Cherry caps, yeah?

The Novatouch is the CM Topre board that can use Cherry caps, yeah?

Yeah, Topre Board, with Cherry MX Stems, so can use cherry Caps.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Should be. The Topre switches remind of the Alps ones which I do not see often in today's products. The compatibility with Cherry MX keycaps and the price (presumably lower) could be a selling point. One thing I don't like about it is the start menu key position. 

I'm using a Cooler master quick fire tk with blue switches

Anyone interested in getting 20% off a Max Keyboard?

When a group of 10+ people order a mechanical keyboard from Max Keyboard, each person will receive 20% off their entire order.

Details:

• If at least 9 people agree to join me, we'll each get coupon codes for 20% off our orders.
  • This is not a bulk purchase; each order is separate. You choose your own keyboard, pay for it yourself, and it is shipped directly to you.
  • Orders must be placed within 72 hours after receiving the discount code.
    --If this doesn't happen, they will cancel all the orders using the discount code. YOU WILL NOT  BE CHARGED!

See full details on their website.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll keep you updated and when we get enough people!

Looks like Logitech wants a piece of the RGB backlit mechanical keyboard scene (hopefully)

Looks like Logitech wants a piece of the RGB backlit mechanical keyboard scene (hopefully)

I don't know it could just be a new mechboard. I'd be happy if it was a proper competitor for the orbweaver. Also if they went rgb keyboard they would have to use the knockoff switches.

I'd be happy if it was a proper competitor for the orbweaver. Also if they went rgb keyboard they would have to use the knockoff switches.

Yeah I would like a something like the orbweaver but with a proper analog stick. I have been thinking something like that could be good for Star citizen.

I also had that thought about the switches. I know that corsair are saying they developed them with cherry.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Just bought myself a Corsair K70! Brown switches for me - not too loud, but still with that clicky feel. 

I can't believe what i've been missing. Typing takes a little getting used to, but it's incredible, even two days in!

Got my Novatouch, here are some pics....

It comes in a very nice black box, feels premium with magnets on the front cover to lock lid in place

20140826_150354_zpse5e9d8b6.jpg

Supplied 'accessories', a wired key cap puller, braided USB2.0 cable....has micro USB connector/jack instead of the usual mini-USB jack, and orings.

20140826_150621_zpsae7304c3.jpg

A shot of the board with some caps removed....disappointed that stock caps as they feel kind of cheap.

20140826_150807_zpse201c6f1.jpg

20140826_150757_zpseeabfc9b.jpg

On the back....

20140826_150924_zps287e54b9.jpg

The micro USB port and the supplied USB 2.0 cable with its right angled micro USB jack

20140826_151323_zps4ddee1b8.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I agree those caps seem cheap for a $200 board.

How do the keys feel to type on? Even with the cheap feeling caps?

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How do the keys feel to type on? Even with the cheap feeling caps?

Isn't topre a similar mech feel but with a less harsh/more 'refined' finish? Or just 'typing on a cloud of boobs'?

If it makes that lovely 'thock' sound that you get normally from a Topre then that's probably also how it feels. Kinda like driving a Bentley or Rolls instead of an E-series Merc or 5-seriew BMW (Cherry MX) with a Ford Focus or Vauxhall Vectra being an average-good membrane.

Just bought a K70 with MX Brown's.

I've tried mechanical's in store before, but never browns. However, my CM Devastator keyboard has tactile feedback on membrane keys and I really like having an actuation point, so I'm hoping these brown's live up to me expectations

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Started the summer with a K70 with MX Red's, which I really liked but needed something quieter when I moved into my current apartment so I picked up a G710+ with MX Brown's which is freaking awesome. The tactile feel is a night and day difference for me.

i7-4790 | GA-Z97X | EVGA GTX 760 | Corsair 450D | Corsair TX750 | Corsair H100i | Corsair K70 w/ Reds & Logitech G710+ | Logitech G303

Does anybody know when the corsair rgb keyboards will be released in the UK? and the estimated price?