Rise of the Tomb Raider PC release date

IAmAndre

Hi,

I just found out that the physical copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC is available for pre-order on LDLC.com (a French tech e-commerce website). We've been told a few months ago that it would be released in Spring 2016, but this website says that it would start shipping around January 29th. So here you have it, the game should be available next month on Steam.

Source : LDLC.com

The only tomb raider game I may be interested in.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The only tomb raider game I may be interested in.

whats special about it ?

the one that came before it was good too

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

whats special about it ?

I really enjoyed Legends & Underworld too. Anniversary was meh though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

whats special about it ?

She is wearing more clothing. My wife wont have an issue with it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

There is nothing on the Square-Enix website about a release date (expect PS4 release "Holiday 2016"), but Steam said (2015 12 27) that they will be releasing "Rise of the Tomb Raider"  January 2016.

post-198911-0-45100400-1451282328_thumb.

Although searching for the title in the Steam games section "Rise of the Tomb Raider" did not show up.

So until the next announcement, or a little closer to that release date, hopefully we will know if TR will be released to both Steam OS and Windows platforms simultaneously? 

Links:
Square-Enix
Steam

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

It's a great game, probably won't get it again for pc tho.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's a great game, probably won't get it again for pc tho.

Why not?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why not?

Well probably not at full price, sure I will get it down the line when it's inevitably on a steam sale or get it off somewhere like g2a. It doesn't really have much replay value imo, sure it has leader boards but I don't really care that much unless it's a game that I really care about times something like forza or grand turismo. It has some nice features like overlays for twitch streamers (don't know what exactly that adds but I saw it as an option in the menu). It's very impressive visually but I don't know whether I could go through it again as it's quite linear, not nearly as linear as the first one, the challenge tombs certainly help a great change of pace and there are quite a number of them. The only thing that bugs me with the game is that it purposefully inhibits progress with the side missions(challenge tombs and certain collectibles) you have to progress quite far in the story and then back track to access them, ie you need certain equipment to access those areas. The frame rate on Xbox One is God awful but I don't really notice it as I'm shit with a controller xD

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

[removed]

I never buy games at full price. Every time I do, I'm disappointed. I think the Twitch overlay is just to easily interact with users and to display the chat in-game, which sucks for me because I hate Twitch chat.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I never buy games at full price. Every time I do, I'm disappointed. I think the Twitch overlay is just to easily interact with users and to display the chat in-game, which sucks for me because I hate Twitch chat.

I did buy witcher 3 full price one day after it came out. and I would have happily paid twice the price for a game that good. I did buy the expansion pack before I knew whats in it, I did dont realy care because I wanted to pay more for an amazing game. Now I know that the first of the two expantion was amazing. better and longer than tomb raider 2013. also it only costs 10€. that expantion alone is worth 25€+ in my head.

but when it comes to this game, I will not buy it the first month it comes to pc, its not worth full price. like the witcher 3 was for me.

for me, it depends on the game if I think its worth full price or npt.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Released 1st February! 

Why are you bumping this...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

6 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Why are you bumping this...

Just came across my inbox. 

Testing the new forum format.

Using a mobile device wanted to see how the new format intergrates with it.

To keep you awake late.

Why do you ask @Nexxus?

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Just now, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Just came across my inbox. 

Testing the new forum format.

Using a mobile device wanted to see how the new format intergrates with it.

To keep you awake late.

Why do you ask?

Because thread necroing is frowned upon on every forum ever made since the dawn of the internet and im trying to figure out what would possess a person to do such a thing.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

12 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Because thread necroing is frowned upon on every forum ever made since the dawn of the internet and im trying to figure out what would possess a person to do such a thing.

Seems like a work of art, this new layout. Some smaller issues still persist, but overall improvements very acceptable.

@Nexxus not sure if you like or dislike the female protagonist, but "necroing" aside the update is done now and this thread will surely die..