Do you guys like Car Simulators or Flight simulators more?

If you had a decked out rig for this, (tripple monitor, Beast PC, for car logitech g29 with shifter, for flight Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.) Which would you choose. 

A flight simulator would be cool if you had a full cockpit and one of those motion thing-a-ma-jigs. But a racing simulator would be cool with a cockpit and motion thingy. A flight simulator would be cooler, though, you'd feel like you're in the air flying through the sky.

You know what we need? A flight sim where I can modify my plane with new engines, weapons, etc. 

Like Need for Speed meets Microsoft Flight Sim X meets Battlefield. 

flight sim all the way but yoke not joystick i prefer flying anyways

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

You know what we need? A flight sim where I can modify my plane with new engines, weapons, etc. 

Like Need for Speed meets Microsoft Flight Sim X meets Battlefield. 

yes yes someone needs to make this happen 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I play Gran Turisomo(1-4) on PCSXE with my controller at native res, since it takes me back to the good part of my childhood :P Isnt quite as authentic*, but good enough.

*I mean CRT, fighting over memory cards, etc.

A flight simulator would be cool if you had a full cockpit and one of those motion thing-a-ma-jigs. But a racing simulator would be cool with a cockpit and motion thingy. A flight simulator would be cooler, though, you'd feel like you're in the air flying through the sky.

How do you even get those things?

You build them

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

yes yes someone needs to make this happen 

You could have your own air base that you would have to upgrade to accept larger planes, then you could build your own planes to run different mission types in an open world. Refugee rescue, bombing runs, medical evac etc. 

You would have to build a multi-purpose aircraft, or specialized aircraft and store them in hangars that you've built at your base. Multiplayer implementation for AC130s etc would be EPIC. 

Missions would be updated in real-time through cloud computing for vanilla installs and with mod support for community created missions, parts, and maps.

For all the flight simulator people what are some good flight simulator games? The only flight simulator game that I know that looks cool to me is star citizen.

you pay north of 2k dollars for a "light flight sim" full cockpit tens if not hundreds of thousands 

floating mountain simulator 2015

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Flight because most people already have cars....

Magical Pineapples

For all the flight simulator people what are some good flight simulator games? The only flight simulator game that I know that looks cool to me is star citizen.

flight sims are simulators not really video games (at least the authentic ones) they have graphics mods that make them look better. but they are really meant for flying. star citizens isnt a flight sim its a video game 

car simulator all the way. but first i need a good wheel. this shitty asdthaselths;tgbk as wheel isn't gonna cut it.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING THRUSTMASTER FOR MAKING THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

55056-ferrari-universal-challenge1.jpg

this piece of shit needs to die in a fire.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

FSX

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

i use g27 with 3 sreens and love playing project cars.... its addicting. 

Most people don't have ultra performance cars and can't race them. 

It possible to rent one? for a day... flying a plane is not that easy... 

Magical Pineapples

i use g27 with 3 sreens and love playing project cars.... its addicting. 

car simulator all the way. but first i need a good wheel. this shitty asdthaselths;tgbk as wheel isn't gonna cut it.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING THRUSTMASTER FOR MAKING THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

55056-ferrari-universal-challenge1.jpg

this piece of shit needs to die in a fire.

Same the what happened to the g27 logitech stopped selling it?