Best R9 390

BlazeFace48

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me find out which 390 is the best. The reviews are always contradicting, one has no problems the other says don't buy it

Thanks in advance,

Nate

Ps I can afford up to $370 usd

SAPPHIRE R9 390 NITRO.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

MSI or Sapphire

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

From the post the strix is really bad it has some good reviews

Yeah asus has a lot of brand loyalty but when talking about amd cards sapphire or msi are top tier, sapphire has the best performance while msi make good cards and has great customer service which many people like.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Sapphire's card is really superior because of the 3 fans. A 3 fan MSI would compete just as well. But perosnally my 2 fan MSI never goes over 70C with 40-45% fan speeds on full load.

My MSI is great. Sapphire was too big for my case. If you can fit the Sapphire get it, else get the MSI.

What about MSI VGA R9 380 Gaming 4GB ddr5?

What about the xfx it is on sale

ok GPU 2nd class to the MSI and Sapphire

What about the xfx it is on sale

It's a good gpu as well. 2nd best in overclocking. Cools the core nicely as well. The only downside is that the vrm cooling may not be enough if you want to run high overclocks daily. 1100mhz~ should be a fine day to day overclock for that card.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Sapphire or MSI, or if you want to save money and get about the same performance get a Sapphire 290.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Sapphire NITRO R9 390 with backplate <3 Its my GPU now and it is a BEAST!

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)