Germany attempting to end to hate speech on the Internet

AresKrieger

This will turn out bad, pretty bad.

Considering how easy some morons get "offended" on the Internet, morons should grow thicker skin and get their thumb out of their mouths.

"They said I sucked on the Internet, HATE SPEECH".

The ban on "hate speech" in Germany basically means you aren't allowed to incite hatred towards people. For example Neo-Nazis inciting people to go beat up black people or Pegida (anti-brown-people white supremicist group) recruiting "protesters" so that they can go beat up people that look like they're Muslims and set fire to their houses. That is what this is about.

If you look up the definition of "Volksverhetzung" then that basically covers it.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

"In a world.. where bing is your last hope for actual intelligent conversation and free speech.  THIS SUMMER."

"We didn't get paid to review this. It's an amazing movie 10/10." -IGN

Well, combatting hate speech is bad, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be abused.

This sentence doesn't make that much sense. :D

Indeed , and besides hate speech is freedom of speech where you're not afraid to say bad things so no i don't like this.

Hate speech is not freedom of speech, the thing is that some morons might try to make every form of criticism hate speech.

The ban on "hate speech" in Germany basically means you aren't allowed to incite hatred towards people. For example Neo-Nazis inciting people to go beat up black people or Pegida (anti-brown-people white supremicist group) recruiting "protesters" so that they can go beat up people that look like they're Muslims and set fire to their houses. That is what this is about.

If you look up the definition of "Volksverhetzung" then that basically covers it.

I know, but seeing how things are today, when if you criticise anyone on the Internet they label that as "hate speech".

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

As long as this isn't abused then it's fine...

Under what circumstances would it be productive to say

"I will kill all Muslims/ Jews/ Black People/ Synths/ Potato Farmers?"

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

As long as this isn't abused then it's fine...

Under what circumstances would it be productive to say

"I will kill all Muslims/ Jews/ Black People/ Synths/ Potato Farmers?"

If potato's become evil..... but that's impossible because they're delicious.

If potato's become evil..... but that's impossible because they're delicious.

Ireland, 1845-1853.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nice , now we just organize & cherry pick things that can be considered hate speech, bitch & moan &  bomb a few things on social med sites & image sharing sites & trigger a few clueless 14 year olds to follow it aggressively  & sit back & relax & drink a glass of cold beer & it'll be all good

Details separate people.

Ireland, 1845-1853.

Fuck me, I was like '1500?'. But yes.

Nice , now we just organize & cherry pick things that can be considered hate speech, bitch & moan &  bomb a few things on social med sites & image sharing sites & trigger a few clueless 14 year olds to follow it aggressively  & sit back & relax & drink a glass of cold beer & it'll be all good

I like the beer part.

Fuck me, I was like '1500?'. But yes.

No idea what you're talking about. :ph34r:

Spoiler

sex hahaha

No idea what you're talking about. :ph34r:

Was googling left and right.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Wait, they're actually serious?

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

*Germany attempting to end hate speech on the Internet*

*one week later*

*Germany cyberbullied to death, Middle Eastern refugees begin recolonization*

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I can see this going down badly...

crash-burn-soc.gif

(Disclaimer: the fact this picture was used is not intentional hate speech towards Germany :ph34r: )

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

inb4 "I hate the Nazi Party"

*censored for hate speech*

inb4 U.K. does this. "Cameron did it with a pi-"

*censored for hate speech*

Censorship always works right? Right?

"When has censorship ever fixed a problem?" - Dan Bull

Germany is really sensitive when it comes to Nazis so they will probably censor people saying they support the nazi party

So having a different political opinion, especially against islam is "hatespeech". Political correctness is the primary weapon of regimes like marxist/communist nations and the nazis. I would think Germany would have learned.

Why especially against Islam?

In Europe there has been a recent raise in the amount of neo Nazis and you know how sensitive Germany is to that kind of stuff so this will probably be used against them

Why especially against Islam?

In Europe there has been a recent raise in the amount of neo Nazis and you know how sensitive Germany is to that kind of stuff so this will probably be used against them

It's the massive immigration of muslims, that has caused such a rise in Germany. The issue is not unique to Germany though, as anti immigration policies are gaining massive traction in the population, at the despair of the political correct politicians, who are more focused on being PC, than protecting their own people.

However when you say neo nazi, it tends to be incorrect, as people who are anti non western/muslim immigration tends to be called right wing/neo nazis by the PC politicians and PC left wing media. It's simply incorrect. Sure some neo nazis might support others who are not, but that results exactly in guilt by association. After all every action has a re-action.

The PC politicians and media has tried to shame anyone being critical of non western immigration for a long time, and they have succeeded. The crime rated speak for themselves as a result and these PC people are losing their power as people are realizing the actual state of affair. Calling ordinary people racists and neo nazis has simply lost its power and you are seeing the European people having had enough. The result is the rise of anti immigration political parties in pretty much every European country.

I'm not saying all muslims are bad people, not at all. Many are "cultural muslims", like most Christians are "cultural Christians", meaning they do the religious things as a cultural thing, not because of religious belief. The issue is that people don't know anything about islam. They don't understand that Islam is not just a religion, but a political entity and an ideology as well. The latter two things are what really makes things problematic. How can you ever critique politicians stupid actions, if they are done under a religion, and thus making you a blasphemer?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What we need more than cancer and other charities is to hand out free condoms to stupid people.

(PS: THE ONES WITHOUT HOLES)

Actually this whole thing is pretty easy to understand. Everything that is illegal to say on the streets is also illegal to write on the Internet and will get deleted.

No one here in Germany actually cares about it anyways.

No one here in Germany actually cares about it anyways.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, do you mean no one cares about the law being enforced, or are you saying no one cares because the law is essentially unenforceable?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful