Germany attempting to end to hate speech on the Internet

AresKrieger

The European nation reached an agreement with Facebook, Twitter and Google to remove hate speech from the Internet within 24 hours of it being reported, according to reports from the Associated Press and AFP. Under the agreement, it will be easier for anti-racism groups to flag hate speech on each of the services. The twin reports cited German laws that ban such speech.

Um ok, I'm not sure what the Germans define as hate speech, but I generally don't support censorship regardless.

A German official told the AFP that complaints will then be examined by special teams who will decide whether the content violates German laws, and not just the terms of use for each site. It's unclear exactly how this process will work, who will have final say and if there will be any appeal process. It's also unclear whether posts removed from view in Germany will still be accessible outside the country.

I hope that these "teams" are competent and not overly zealous, as the definition of hate speech may be able to be interpreted to serve groups that are overly sensitive, but hopefully it only targets things that are blatant or threatening, but as I said censorship doesn't sit well with me, if you don't like what someone has to say either ignore them, or tell them off your self, if it's valid I'm sure others will back you up on the criticism.

http://www.cnet.com/news/germany-is-putting-an-end-to-hate-speech-on-the-internet/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Hmmm... I wonder why.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Um ok, I'm not sure what the Germans define as hate speech, but I generally don't support censorship regardless.

I hope that these "teams" are competent and not overly zealous, as the definition of hate speech my be able to be interpreted to serve groups that are overly sensitive, but hopefully it only targets things that are blatant and threatening, but as I said censorship doesn't sit well with me, if you don't like what someone has to say either ignore them, or tell them off your self, if it's valid I'm sure others will back you up on the criticism.

http://www.cnet.com/news/germany-is-putting-an-end-to-hate-speech-on-the-internet/

please say they think the social justice warriors are haters with hate speeches..

They probably want to pass this thing as something to help the people but it will actually be used by corporations to remove all negative feedback on behalf of calling it "hate speech".

Bullshit, dont let this happen

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, combatting hate speech is good, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be abused.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Since I really doubt how transparent their assesment of what "hate speech" is I'm not for this. The internet should be a place of freedom of speech, even if you are an idiot. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

please say they think the social justice warriors are haters with hate speeches..

I doubt it

Since I really doubt how transparent their assesment of what "hate speech" is I'm not for this. The internet should be a place of freedom of speech, even if you are an idiot. 

Agreed

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah, this is a problem.

And this has nothing to do with "Social Justice Warriors" >_>

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Sarcasm could be considered hate speech.  We need to ban all speech in general.  We'll communicate through using very intricate, complex, and -thoughtful- finger language.  *Flips them the bird*  Well, now we gotta ban fingers.

Curious where this will lead to. Sounds like we're heading back to where we came from. Dictatorship. I have a feeling that this will be used for a specific topic. Curious...

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

There's so much that could go wrong... although facebook, twitter and google+ are hardly a big loss of intellectual content.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So having a different political opinion, especially against islam is "hatespeech". Political correctness is the primary weapon of regimes like marxist/communist nations and the nazis. I would think Germany would have learned.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

inb4 "I hate the Nazi Party"

*censored for hate speech*

inb4 U.K. does this. "Cameron did it with a pi-"

*censored for hate speech*

Censorship always works right? Right?

"When has censorship ever fixed a problem?" - Dan Bull

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

There's so much that could go wrong... although facebook, twitter and google+ are hardly a big loss of intellectual content.

There is no + after the google part.....

There is no + after the google part.....

They have no power over anything else... well except youtube now that I think about it. Still, that doesn't mean they can just go censor other websites.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They have no power over anything else... well except youtube now that I think about it. Still, that doesn't mean they can just go censor other websites.

They can censor search results, but yes I was referring to youtube

They can censor search results, but yes I was referring to youtube

that might just be the chance bing was waiting for lol

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

that might just be the chance bing was waiting for lol

"In a world.. where bing is your last hope for actual intelligent conversation and free speech.  THIS SUMMER."

This will turn out bad, pretty bad.

Considering how easy some morons get "offended" on the Internet, morons should grow thicker skin and get their thumb out of their mouths.

"They said I sucked on the Internet, HATE SPEECH".

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

In other news the word trump is banned

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

In other news the word trump is banned

And it's all thanks to Uncle Bill Gates.

This will turn out bad, pretty bad.

Considering how easy some morons get "offended" on the Internet, morons should grow thicker skin and get their thumb out of their mouths.

"They said I sucked on the Internet, HATE SPEECH".

Indeed , and besides hate speech is freedom of speech where you're not afraid to say bad things so no i don't like this.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~