Why there isn't teamwork in online games. And the Metagame.

So I hate that there is a severely lacking of teamwork in online games like very seriously, unless you got a party no one will listen to your suggestions or do what your asking of them. And players lacking the Metagame mentality. 

For example Black Ops 3. Am pretty good at being a strategic player. I recognize patterns and other oddly stuff that the enemies does, for example during matches, players will tend to go to places where fire fights are. On certain maps players will only venture and explore the middle section of the map leaving the sides open and free to being able to flank.  I will even pay attention to death cams to get a better understanding of players.

For example Watching several kill cams of a player will let me know that they tend to hide in buildings and burst out guns a blazing then quickly hide somewhere nearby.  Not to mention the weapons the other team has, if they tend to use mid to long range weapons like the HVK 30 or Razorback i can conclude that they won't be able to kill me as fast, compared me to them using a pistol or shotgun in close quarters, and If I take into account of the UAV and look at the larger map I can wait and predict and kill a enemy very quickly.

Also I tend to take in consideration many things on the field at any given time, a grenade was tossed and the arch was from the left corner ? I can now infer that an enemy player is slowly making his way over to the objective or going a general direction to the left of the map. Three skull marks on the field each near to each other? I can now Infer that an enemy is in this general location. 

I make " Counter Classes" these classes are meant for the task at hand, for example an enemy has multiple drones in the air and has a killer robot ? Time to bring out some EMP's and Anti Air weapons and launchers. Enemies rushing over to loud shots on the mini map? Time to using a heavy damage suppressed weapon. 

This is called the Metagame.  Many players seem to be lacking in this. The Metagame is taking your skills and knowledge within the game to make judgments on the field. The Metagame can also be simple as understanding how the game mechanics work and using that as your advantage, like how guns work with suppressors or how much range a weapon has.

Teamwork on the other hand is an entirely different thing. Many players simply refuse to accept a new person's mind set and place it onto them. Unless you got a good party that is willing to listen to each other Teamwork and success can be a very hard thing. Many loses of my games aren't me simply dying 24/7 its because the team am with doesn't listen to my advice or simply ignores it even when it blatantly in their face. Sometimes you will rarely actually get a good team that calls out patterns just like yourself and taking down UAV's and other equipment.

Just recently in a game on Nuketown I realized that the enemy uses Pistols and SMG's. And that they love to rush the spawning flag or captured flag. I can now infer that the team is going to blitz the captured flag always, since they are using Pistols and SMG's which have a fast ADS time and deal a crap ton of damage in close quarters I can now swap to a class that has Shotguns, Rapid Fire SMG's or Pistols in order to successfully counter them. 

so I say " Use Close Quarter weapons like Shotguns or pistols, They also blitz our flag get defend the spawn "  and no reply and everyone gets their ass handed to them me included but I was always on top of the my team's leaderboard because I did stuff to help us win by shooting down UAV's,Drones and  H.A.T.E.Rs I even told my team next round " Use ANTI AIR/EQUIPMENT. USE EMP'S AND LAUNCHERS " again no response and surprise, surprise I was the only one destroying shit. 

What I want people is to not just listen to my suggestions but to everyone's suggestions online in a party or not, it helps to get another mindset on the situation. Which can also lead the team to victory or losing. Or hell even reply with another suggestion besides mine. Also the Metagame is another issue, usually the top of the leaderboard players use the Metagame, they understand what killstreaks to use and what weapons to use and how to effectively amass many score points in order to place those selection of killstreaks.

Like in black ops 2 where players would use, drone strikes, dogs and Blackbirds in order to topple the enemy off their feet, because if the drones don't kill ya the dogs will and if the dogs don't the players will, not to mention this will net them more score points in order to call in more dogs, blackbirds or drones. Now am not saying that everyone doesn't do this but from what I see many players simply don't take in all the information that is given to them in the game. 

Now what do you guys think ? Also do you guys use the Metagame in video games ? Comment down below. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Higher-level CS:GO has a ton of meta and teamwork involved, definitely a lot of communication there even between random players because you need a cohesive strategy

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Most people just autopilot when playing games. Only players actively seeking to get better actually put thought into the game, and even then only a few actually manage to pull it off.

This is why I play America's Army: Proving Grounds. Far more people willing to work together than any other game out there which generally has a large audience of nice, mature players. When I started playing even the enemy team would go to global speak to help me learn the game and give advice. And congratulate each other for nice shots or victories, or for good matches/games. That kind of environment for a game can make it extremely fun and additive for me.

(may I ask what "metagame" mentality is?)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

OP suggesting the Black Ops III is a competitive game that requires teamwork. Kappa.

Competitive CS:GO = Teamwork

Competitive TF2 = Teamwork

Competitive Dirty Bomb = Teamwork.

Morale = Don't play pubs.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Oh look, a fellow killcam watching guy! :D

Actually, I've had a counter-class in Blops 2. FHJ-18, two EMP nades and two Black Hats and some perks to go with that. I could shit all over enemy's killstreaks, and when I was running out of ammo I've just killed myself and respawned again. And that feeling when you sneakily nick and boobytrap enemy's care package is priceless...

But then again I never took the game seriously, I just liked stripping the enemy of their military toys.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

COD is more of a party/casual game these days, it doesnt have much of a competitive side unless you play like Demolition or S&D (if theyre even still in the game)

imo, competitive COD died a long time ago, if you honestly care about playing serious, play a serious game, like CS:GO.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

OP suggesting the Black Ops III is a competitive game that requires teamwork. Kappa.

Any game were you play against another team requires teamwork. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

This is why I play America's Army: Proving Grounds. Far more people willing to work together than any other game out there which generally has a large audience of nice, mature players. When I started playing even the enemy team would go to global speak to help me learn the game and give advice. And congratulate each other for nice shots or victories, or for good matches/games. That kind of environment for a game can make it extremely fun and additive for me.

(may I ask what "metagame" mentality is?)

Metagame Mentality is basically setting your mind up to take in all the information in the game even the tiniest of details one could easily glance over like Killcams. Which many people skip in order to simply respawn faster. 

Any game were you play against another team requires teamwork. 

Relatively easy to kill the whole team with those dank 420 head shoot.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Relatively easy to kill the whole team with those dank 420 head shoot.

They abuse the aim box system basically with those quickscopes. 

They simply closely aim to tighten the aimbox then fire within that diamond of the crosshairs. Though am not sure about BS 420 twirl around and spin while drinking and cooking a homemade meal bullshit. 

Biggest problem is that most online games don't reward teamplay. In CoD you get most points for kills and kill streaks. Which means that everyone will want to be at front getting kills rather than being low k/d backup.

Games where you get points only after round or completing objective offer better starting ground for teamwork. Like TF2 or Battlefield series to some extend. And ofc all mobas.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Play a single game of csgo and you will see plenty of teamwork and meta awareness. But play its death match and you won't. Game modes drive behaviour and cod is a casual lone wolf shooter.

Higher-level CS:GO has a ton of meta and teamwork involved, definitely a lot of communication there even between random players because you need a cohesive strategy

That's the funniest thing that I've ever heard.

@Ramamataz, They games don't really have a metagame when you compare it to the likes of EVE Online.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

Well, i must admit.. the online community is degrading.

player skill on average, regardless of the game, is improving.

But player morale, player teamwork and a drop of humility is not.

Funnily, the demographic which has deteriorated the most is the US... i see more US based players T-bagging the dead in FPS games.... more US based players using /dance ontop of the dead in MMOs and similar.

Perhaps we are in a generational change in the US player base... older players are phasing out, starting a family, working normal 9-5 jobs...

Ive also noticed that players from eastern europe and russia is swearing less in comms. They also speak english more often... well in the russians case, it comes with a "if they speak at all"....

French players also seem to speak english more often atleast in MMOs... in general, French players has been known to converge into their own guilds or mini communities, refusing to speak english either because they cannot speak english (blame the french educational system for that one), or they just tag along inside their own little community..

online gaming sure is changing.... PUGS seems to be more cohesive in one way, in another, not at all.

If you stop playing as if you were a team, and instead play to support the idiots around you, then you realize those same idiots will change their playstyle, slowly but certainly.

Let me give you an example..

i played BF4, PUGS, locked teams... i was playing assualt with pads and bags....

People die, i res... they die... i res.... i kept this up for 10 rounds straight. we won some matches, lost others.

Then i got tired of assault and played support with claymores and ammo bags... Was fun, people died... noone res... people died... noone res..

Why no res? someone screams in chat..

i replied: "i got bored. I want kills, not res your sorry ass"....

two rounds go by, more people screaming for res. I dont reply anymore... we lost both rounds by a huge margin (300+ tickets)

Then slowly, people played less "rambo"... no res = bad to die... We still only had like 2 other players with pads... but people opted for option 2 rather then option 1 which is "get more pads"...

Option 2 is "die less"...

after a few rounds, our pug team found the balance, we won 5 consequtive matches with a wide margin...

so yeah... it is possible to coax the PUGS into playing better. Doesnt always work, but sometimes it does

Because there is no incentive for teamwork, since I can get more score and have more fun, by just going for kills or doing crazy shit Instead of strategically flanking the enemy team, I can just jump over them all with a shotgun and have a laugh

Since I am not playing competitively, there is no incentive to winning, and no repercussions for losing, I am playing for fun

Fact: sometimes when playing games I will pick the worst guns to use, just because its fun, like playing Battlefield and deciding that for the next 20 minutes im only going to use a pistol and flashbangs, - I dont care if we lose, I just want to have fun

As long as "kills" or whatever are the main focus of the game, everyone will just do this, when I play battlefield, cod etc , I am not really  playing to win, In fact, sometimes I join games with infinite time/tickets so I can just play for the longest time without the game stopping - I just want to shoot people and blow shit up, and I prefer having real enemies to fight because AI is wank

Not to say this is ALWAYS the case, many times I will join a game with 3 or 4 friends and we will be top squad, and play the objective, but sometimes I just want to dick around

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've been playing a heck lot of steel ocean lately and have seen quite a few matches where people actually complement each other. Since the games are random, you don't know what your fleet will be made of, and some tend to try to cover each others asses cause they know that an aircraft carrier marching forward to a battleship is just stupid

At least that's what happens in higher level games. When you start at the beginning, expect people to shoot at their own teammates when their first bullet is loaded

It depends on the game. Like high-level csgo players use teamwork as most of them have spent months trying to get to that rank. But BO3 is full of 12-year-olds. 

I don't play competitive CS:GO, I usually just play deathmatch, and it's a lot of fun listening to the ragers going "you're hacking" and "shuddafukupfagit" and "I did ur mum last nite m9"

Teamwork is a byword and a whisper there.

Tell me about it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I don't play competitive CS:GO, I usually just play deathmatch, and it's a lot of fun listening to the ragers going "you're hacking" and "shuddafukupfagit" and "I did ur mum last nite m9"

Teamwork is a byword and a whisper there.

Well basicly all CoD Players end up in cs:go deathmatch, honestly. I find it quite amusing aswell. 

Competetive (Especially ESEA and Faceit) is defnetly teamwork based and you will automaticly loose your game upwards from i'd say LE if you do not communicate. Obviously theres always the idiots, even in global but cant do anything about it i guess.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Why there isn't teamwork in games? Because not many people want to listen to what say random people in your team

Teamwork does exist in online games, you're just playing the wrong games. I've gone on 40+ helicopter kill streaks in BF4 with a randomer in the gunner seat, I've ended up in an all pub, no mic squad that's worked together to be a consistent thorn in the enemies side at their gimme flag, resulting in them losing most other flags when we keep their armour tied up. In insurgency, you'll find that about 30% of the player base uses mic to coordinate, and those that don't respond well to trying to coordinate using the com-rose or chat.

TL;DR don't play CoD if you want teamwork.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz