Is the earth flat? (Video / Discussion)

MorbidAngel

Hello guys, first of, no I do not think the earth is flat, but I came across a video yesterday on Youtube where a guy talks over the phone with a guy that thinks the earth is flat. They then go on and discuss the evidence for the earth being flat or not flat. So I got curious, how many people thinks the earth is flat? Do we have anyone in this forum that believes it is? 

If so, why do you believe it? Feel free to discuss I would really like to hear everyones opinion on the matter! Also please keep it clean and follow the forum rules ..

Here is the video, it's pretty interesting (although it's 1 hour long):

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

oh please not again

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Have you seen pictures from outer space?

kek

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

kek

Pretty much this.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

kek

Pretty much this.

have you been outside during the night and seen the thing we call the Moon?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You see more 2D images of the eart than 3D, I think the evidence is stacking up!!! Flat: 1 - Round: 0.

/s

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

kek

Pretty much this.

Well, according to the guy in the video, he also brings this up and the guy basically says "They are all fake, and it's very poorly done". You should really watch the video lol it's pretty funny ^^

EDIT: I have to say again I DO NOT think the earth is flat, I just want to see if anyone here belives it. Also most of your comments will be asked by the guy in the video and you will hear what the guy has to say about it.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

I'd say everyone on this forum is techie and would also realise that science and tech have proved the whole flat earth idea false.

but they may know someone who thinks the Earth is flat if so how impossible was it to convince them otherwise.

The Cake is a Lie...

I have been on a plane where you can see its round

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd say everyone on this forum is techie and would also realise that science and tech have proved the whole flat earth idea false.

but they may know someone who thinks the Earth is flat if so how impossible was it to convince them otherwise.

it's been proven that earth is curved/round long before tech was a thing.

I have been on a plane where you can see its round

you can only see the curve if you fly above 60000 feet which is way above every commercial plane? (Concorde was flying at that altitude)

Spoiler

it's been proven that earth is curved/round long before tech was a thing.

you can only see the curve if you fly above 60000 feet which is way above every commercial plane?

technology isn't just electronics. 

Technology ("science of craft", from Greek τέχνη, techne, "art, skill, cunning of hand"; and -λογία, -logia) is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation.

The Cake is a Lie...

technology isn't just electronics. 

Technology ("science of craft", from Greek τέχνη, techne, "art, skill, cunning of hand"; and -λογία, -logia) is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation.

yeah, but you said tech which is mostly used for modern devices.

Spoiler

This really says something about Stefan Molyneux's audience. 

No, the Earth is not flat. That has been known since ancient Greece.

And just think about it. If the Earth was flat, and that round Earth idea was a conspiracy, just imagine how many people would be in on it.

Every person working on airplanes, on ships, in meteorological centers, universitites, space agencies and probably a whole lot of other places would be in on it.

The Watergate conspiracy involved 5 people and they couldn't keep their mouths shut. What is the chance that all those people will?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I believe that the Earth is a four-dimensional object that casts a hyperbolic paraboloid shadow.

/s just in case

And just think about it. If the Earth was flat, and that round Earth idea was a conspiracy, just imagine how many people would be in on it.

Every person working on airplanes, on ships, in meteorological centers, universitites, space agencies and probably a whole lot of other places.

The Watergate conspiracy involved 5 people and they couldn't keep their mouth shut, what is the chance that all those people will?

Stefan brings this up in the video as well.

its round.

/thread

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Stefan brings this up in the video as well.

I'm now a bit further into the video and kudos to Stefan Molyneux. 

I still think don't like him, but credit to him for taking this guy on. Atleast there are holes in Stefan's tinfoil hat.

But, ohh well, this thread is not going to be about Stefan. 

Flat earthers are actually a pretty vocal group. They have a pretty decently designed website and people in the movement have a somewhat big platfrom on YouTube. 

I still think don't like him, but credit to him for taking this guy on. Atleast there are holes in Stefan's tinfoil hat.

Flat earthers are actually a pretty vocal group. They have a pretty decently designed website and people in the movement have a somewhat big platfrom on YouTube. 

9188 likes, at least there aren't many of them. phew.

Spoiler

Agreed, he is keeping his cool even though this guy is pretty crazy (if you ask me) he avoids questions OR is just dumb enough to not understand them, but closer to the end of the video you easily notice that Stefan is getting annoyed and starts getting a bit personal and starts talking about the guys personal life instead of staying on the subject, but I understand Stefan since they guy basically refuses to listen to anything he says.

Every person working on airplanes, on ships, in meteorological centers, universitites, space agencies and probably a whole lot of other places would be in on it.

The Watergate conspiracy involved 5 people and they couldn't keep their mouth shut What is the chance that all those people will?

?

That one guy is a flat earther and calls the show somehow tells us about his general audience?

What I would find more entertaining (and educational) is if the flat earther debated say, deGrasse Tyson.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

What I would find more entertaining (and educational) is if the flat earther debated say, deGrasse Tyson.

Now THAT is a debate I would watch!

?

That one guy is a flat earther and calls the show somehow tells us about his general audience?

It's meant as a humours jab at Stefan, not as a serious study of the average Freedomain Radio watcher/listener.

I do know that the majority of Stefan's audiece aren't weird flat earthers.

It isn't flat.

Its a spheroid made of unicorn dung and pixie snot.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |