8 Year old boy shoots grandmother after playing GTA 4.

It's stuff like this that makes the gaming community and gun community look bad. Stop your kid from playing violent video games, and put your damn gun in a safe.

Or at the very least hidden in a closet on a high shelf. Unloaded with ammunition near, but equally hidden in a different place.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

violent media, including video games, can cause violence in those too young to seperate game from reality. the angry moms have that part right.

what they fail to remember is that this is why we have the ESRB and the answer is not banning games, but actually paying the fuck attention to what they're rated. if you wouldn't take your kid to see saving private ryan, don't buy him cod. if you wouldn't let him watch movies with hookers and drugs, don't buy him GTA. you're an adult, take responsibility

also that gun should NOT have been left out around an 8 year old, the hell is wrong with these people?

Uh... does that kid fly 100km backwards after shooting?

Then how 10 year old kid can shoot RPG?

Warning explicit 

go to 2:21 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCoWdiHvAsE

just watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKuMVqht4U

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I notice there already are some people talking about the gunlaws in America compared to European, I've had this discussion before and I know where it's going to end up. I can't help myself from stating some things though, watch the discussion heat up;

• This boy should not have had access to a firearm.
  • Europeans generally don't have guns to protect themselves since it's never really been a requirement. Guess what happens when barely anyone has a gun; exactly, people are less likely to get shot. Now at this point you Americans are most likely feeling the urge to tell me that it's easy to get a gun, which it is,to a certain extent. But guess what, a knife will do when for example robbing a store, a knife is far less likely to kill, leading to less deaths. Also it's less likely to accidently go off when in such a situation, it's safer.
  • This kid was either mentally unstable or this was an accident, in which case we get back to my previous point, kids shouldn't have access to a gun.

Boy here we go, let the flaming commence.

Keep it nice people.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I was about to do the same, thne I relized what Linus would do. get a phenom black and oc the hell outta it!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

• Europeans generally don't have guns to protect themselves since it's never really been a requirement. Guess what happens when barely anyone has a gun; exactly, people are less likely to get shot. Now at this point you Americans are most likely feeling the urge to tell me that it's easy to get a gun, which it is,to a certain extent. But guess what, a knife will do when for example robbing a store, a knife is far less likely to kill, leading to less deaths. Also it's less likely to accidently go off when in such a situation, it's safer.

I agree with your other 2 points which were actually the same point.

Lets say a guy walks into your store/house/etc and pulls a gun out while attempting to rob you. Ever heard the phrase "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."? That applies here. Right here. In a battle of any sort, range is king so long as it has stopping power to back it up. Guns have both, knives do not.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Oh, common guys. I'm 15 and I've played San Andreas when I was 10+. I have to say, I got into guns being my hobby, but in my country I all I could get my hands on was airsoft guns. I haven't shot anything alive except bugs in my life and after a few years my hobby switched to computers.

Seriosly, why do guns exist? I get it, hunting and stuff, but I think there should've been a much better way to kill a random animal then shooting it by now. Humans are stuck with this stupid use of a ton of metal to make a pipe that then MAY kill the animal they were aiming at, but MAY also kill their kids when they find it.

I would stop manufacturing guns. Think of it. People will buy the ones that are left. Police officers would get them free. Gun stores would get a donation to transform to a different shop, hopefully selling something healthy. When there is a limit of guns in the world, their price would slowly rise until only ones that can afford them are policemen that get them for free.

And why would I do this? We all know what happens when you say "don't look behind you". And if you say "Guns are illegal!", people freak out. But when you pay Ruger or someone to stop making them and to focus on a way to kill a cow quickly, safely and cheap, no one notices until there are no guns to buy and then they stop buying them...

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I agree with your other 2 points which were actually the same point.

Lets say a guy walks into your store/house/etc and pulls a gun out while attempting to rob you. Ever heard the phrase "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."? That applies here. Right here. In a battle of any sort, range is king so long as it has stopping power to back it up. Guns have both, knives do not.

That's what I am saying, even though guns are obtainable here they're rarely used, since knives will do. When everyone becomes as paranoid as Americans they will all equip a gun to "Protect their family" - guess what happens, people shoot each other and kids get themselves killed by grabbing a gun or shoot a relative.

Name an upside that we Europeans don't have. I've already told you that guns aren't really used that much in criminality here, as knifes are sufficient.

Violent*

He spelled it right every time....

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I played gta a little bit when i was that young, maybe it's because my parents didn't have a gun in the house OR i just had some common sense at the age of 8.

Oh, common guys. I'm 15 and I've played San Andreas when I was 10+. I have to say, I got into guns being my hobby, but in my country I all I could get my hands on was airsoft guns. I haven't shot anything alive except bugs in my life and after a few years my hobby switched to computers.

Seriosly, why do guns exist? I get it, hunting and stuff, but I think there should've been a much better way to kill a random animal then shooting it by now. Humans are stuck with this stupid use of a ton of metal to make a pipe that then MAY kill the animal they were aiming at, but MAY also kill their kids when they find it.

I would stop manufacturing guns. Think of it. People will buy the ones that are left. Police officers would get them free. Gun stores would get a donation to transform to a different shop, hopefully selling something healthy. When there is a limit of guns in the world, their price would slowly rise until only ones that can afford them are policemen that get them for free.

And why would I do this? We all know what happens when you say "don't look behind you". And if you say "Guns are illegal!", people freak out. But when you pay Ruger or someone to stop making them and to focus on a way to kill a cow quickly, safely and cheap, no one notices until there are no guns to buy and then they stop buying them...

The sheer demand for guns is so high that stopping manufacturing would put the world in chaos.

It'll be destroying the enemy for his resources. Even if it is your ally.

I had played killing games like duke nukem 3d and age of empires when I was 6-12 years old. I never even thought of killing people after playing those games.

I can't stand the fact that everyone in America 'needs' a gun in the first place.

I hate it how they say they need to keep a gun at home for 'protection'. Because of this, everyone is trigger happy and on edge about one another.

No civilian needs a gun.

Because everyone and their dog owns a gun they will not be able to ban guns.

And from what I have read, you don't even need a licence to own a gun, so there is no way of tracking the amount of guns people own.

From this, America is digging themselves into a massive ditch, and it will be one of the reasons why the country will fail, along with their national debt.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Since when did I ever call ANY Afghanistan a terrorist?

By saying that they teach all 10 year olds how to shoot RPGs.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

violent media, including video games, can cause violence in those too young to seperate game from reality. the angry moms have that part right.

You can separate reality from fiction when you're far younger than 8. That argument doesn't really hold up.

We are a violent species. The fact that we have waged war and killed each other since for ever proves this.

Furthermore, there are psychopaths out there video games or not. I didn't read the article because I think this debate of video games making people violent is dumb and clueless, but it is my take on the matter that this could/would have happened even if he hadn't played GTA. For instance, I played GTA when I was very young as well and I haven't shot anyone...

The video games are not to blame, but bad parenting, social problems and psychological/medical problems are to blame alone. I hope this debate will someday die forever and we will look back and laugh at how stupid people were, like we do now when we think people believed that sound/speech in movies would be too much for the audience to focus on at once.

Violent games don't cause anyone to commit violence. However, for mentally ill individuals and/or very young children lacking the faculties of distinguishing reality from fiction, they can certainly be a negative influence. I hope this kid gets professional help, and can hopefully grow up to be a decent human being and forgive himself.

That's what I am saying, even though guns are obtainable here they're rarely used, since knives will do. When everyone becomes as paranoid as Americans they will all equip a gun to "Protect their family" - guess what happens, people shoot each other and kids get themselves killed by grabbing a gun or shoot a relative.

Name an upside that we Europeans don't have. I've already told you that guns aren't really used that much in criminality here, as knifes are sufficient.

Well you are not near Mexico (drug cartel), or the Caribbean (where the drugs are grown). So I do not think we can compare Europe to the US/North America.

I am not saying you guys do not have criminals or drugs (you do), but I do not think the two can be compared because they are not the same. I have the same argument for Australia. Our criminals are different. They will get guns one way or another and they will use them just the same. 

This is likely because of how prevalent they have been in our culture (the US economy is usually awesome during times of war, with exception to recent years), which you can blame on us and our love for guns all you want, but there is little to change that. Now it is more of a "we have to live with it" type of thing as I do not see how it might be changed any time soon. 

That, and the future of the US tells me I want to keep my guns. Prisons are just getting more and more full. Sooner or later this will have an adverse affect on the judicial system. More criminals getting parole, among other things, to keep them off the tax payer's dime and out of the already packed holding centers. 

I will just keep my guns, thanks. 

† Christian Member †

I've been gaming since I was 10, GTA included and I have guns and have had access to guns my entire life. I'm 21 now and look how many people I've killed hmm lets see....umm NONE.

If a kid plays a violent game and thinks that it's ok to do the things in they did in the game to real people then it's a failure of his parents. Who's f***ing job is it to make sure that we knew right from wrong when we were growing up OUR BLOODY PARENTS!  an Xbox is not a babysitter it's not a substitute for parenting. It's an entertainment device, and due to out own nature we find that violence has a certain entertainment value, normal people know that driving down a sidewalk mowing down hotdog vendors and old ladies is wrong and that behavior like that is strictly reserved for movies, books, and video games. People have been killing people since the dawn of our species, religion has far more deaths under it's belt than video games, movies, and books have but you don't see people trying to outlaw it. Sure I admit video games are violent and disgusting and really shouldn't be viewed by someone if they aren't mentally developed enough to know what they are seeing isn't real and shouldn't be recreated but banning them won't stop people who are failures as parents raising f***ed up kids who grow up to rape kill and steal. The kid was obviously messed up is he thought that shooting someone was ok because he saw it in a f***ing video game, stop blaming the games and take a look at whoever was in charge of this little s**t.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

We don't fap over guns, we just like having and keeping our rights. I understand it's difficult for you Europeans to understand that concept, considering you've handed yours over without even a say.

I can't hear you over the deafening shrieks of your freedomeagle being mutilated by your patriot act and NSA

Perhaps put your guns to good use and put it out of it's misery

Well you are not near Mexico (drug cartel), or the Caribbean (where the drugs are grown). So I do not think we can compare Europe to the US/North America.

I am not saying you guys do not have criminals or drugs (you do), but I do not think the two can be compared because they are not the same. I have the same argument for Australia. Our criminals are different. They will get guns one way or another and they will use them just the same. 

This is likely because of how prevalent they have been in our culture (the US economy is usually awesome during times of war, with exception to recent years), which you can blame on us and our love for guns all you want, but there is little to change that. Now it is more of a "we have to live with it" type of thing as I do not see how it might be changed any time soon. 

That, and the future of the US tells me I want to keep my guns. Prisons are just getting more and more full. Sooner or later this will have an adverse affect on the judicial system. More criminals getting parole, among other things, to keep them off the tax payer's dime and out of the already packed holding centers. 

I will just keep my guns, thanks. 

I don't see how you think everyone needs a gun though, when a criminal were to come into my house he would either force me to do something with a bat, a knife or a gun, unless I attack in defense I wouldn't get hurt by any of these weapons. What you guys are doing is creating a ditch that gets deeper every time something happens, with the recent shootings (which I can tell you we've had too, at a shopping mall) it just gets worse, some people want to get rid of the guns, others become paranoid and keep a gun to their chest at all times, when something were to happen they could easily become trigger happy or shoot by accident. Guess what happens when that were to happen here, you either lay on the ground or get stabbed - you don't get shot. 

Don't get me started on legalizing drugs, it's one of the problems we've mastered here in the Netherlands, and no there aren't thousands of stoners walking through the streets.

What happened is that when it got legalized a lot of people either took an overdose (mostly Hard drugs, which aren't allowed by the way) and others lost all of their belongings because of their addiction. Result; people look down on drugs, it's no longer cool to smoke weed all over the place, which has led to far less people using it.

TheYoungTurks have a great episode committed to this very subject; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_x4LgBJB7Q

Watch that video and think about it, then perhaps tell me on what fronts I was wrong.

few small problems 

-what parent gives their 8 year old child access to an 18+ video game with had the description of containing "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs" .... do they also provide him with snuff films to watch whilst he eats his cereal in the morning.

-hiding your gun away from your child is the dumbest thing you can do as a parent/gun owner, especially when you provide your children with toy guns. A responsible gun owner should educate their children on the difference between daddy's gun and a toy gun.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I can't hear you over the deafening shrieks of your freedomeagle being mutilated by your patriot act and NSA

Perhaps put your guns to good use and put it out of it's misery

See that's the difference from Americans and Europeans, our government may try & in some cases TAKE our rights, while Europeans gladly hand them over & even thank their government for doing so.

Banning firearms in the U.S. would be equivalent to handing out firearms to 80% of the criminals in Europe and telling them to have at it, while still outlawing law abiding citizens from defending themselves from these criminals. I bet you wouldn't be all for that now would you?

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

See that's the difference from Americans and Europeans, our government may try & in some cases TAKE our rights, while Europeans gladly hand them over & thank their government for doing so.

That doesn't sound very accurate sir. The people that pay attention to politics will challenge such things no matter where they are.

The people of the USA do not have some sort of inbuilt sense of freedom and justice acquired by divine birthright.

Are you referring to guns in particular? The right to own a gun is ridiculous.

The most recent amnesty for firearms in the UK was in 1997 after a school shooting. I was born in 1989 and have never seen a live firearm in person. My parents in were born in 1963 in rural areas and never have either. We have one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world.

Example:

Those 2 men that beheaded an off-duty soldier in the street in london had a gun. The best they could get their hands on was a knackered old revolver of some kind. The guy tried to fire it at the police and it blew his hand off.

That doesn't sound very accurate sir. The people that pay attention to politics will challenge such things no matter where they are.

The people of the USA do not have some sort of inbuilt sense of freedom and justice acquired by divine birthright.

Are you referring to guns in particular? The right to own a gun is ridiculous.

The most recent amnesty for firearms in the UK was in 1997 after a school shooting. I was born in 1989 and have never seen a live firearm in person. My parents in were born in 1963 in rural areas and never have either. We have one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world.

Example:

Those 2 men that beheaded an off-duty soldier in the street in london had a gun. The best they could get their hands on was a knackered old revolver of some kind. The guy tried to fire it at the police and it blew his hand off.

Again, you cannot compare Europe to the US. 

Even if guns were completely outlawed in the US, criminals would still have them and they would not be "knackered old revolvers". We have a different beast to deal with in regards to criminals (The cartel and the drug trade from the Carribean, specifically). 

It is just not the same thing.

† Christian Member †