8 Year old boy shoots grandmother after playing GTA 4.

he would need an RPG if his arm would break...

Well, no... Some parents in Afghanistan teach their kids (probably 10 years old) to shoot RPGs...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

he would need an RPG if his arm would break...

well that shows you never even touched a gun before... even an adult can break his arm using a gun ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

This.

Unless it's a physical disability [tumor, damaged brain parts,...] it's not proven that these things are 100% genetic or 100% learned, cannot state this like that. Lots of research still going on, no definite answer yet.

IMO, people being unable to distinguish between real life and video game, were going to do some shit sooner or later anyhow.

If video games actually had this consequence, there was a lot more "game related violence".

It's the 482 year old politicians that do not understand technology [after all as they were young, they used to smear paint all over cave walls], that will now come out and critique video games.

I can recommend this video. It's about the Sandy Hook shooting, but fits the whole situation of "game = serial killer" perfectly.

I'm really tired of people qqing about video games. Especially the press that rapes these incidents as if it was an unconcious girl -.- The more they ban and cut, the more they gonna have their beloved piracy. It's this simple really. You tell people "U cant haz thiz" and they will pirate it like crazy.

read the rest of my post I don't say that virtual guns made him do this it was the fact that humans are violent by nature sane or not, the video game didn't cause anything all that happened was a kid saw a thing, was too young to understand what it was or the consequence of killing and taking a life. It's not the video games fault, humans are very delicate at that age.

Well, no... Some parents in Afghanistan teach their kids (probably 10 years old) to shoot RPGs...

ohhh those kids right? i was wondering who blew my house off... gotto be dem KİDZ

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

Uh... does that kid fly 100km backwards after shooting?

well that shows you never even touched a gun before... even an adult can break his arm using a gun ;)

Then how 10 year old kid can shoot RPG?

3. Some people are born crazy,

That's the part I was referencing to, should have cut the quote earlier, sry.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Especially the press that rapes these incidents as if it was an unconcious girl -.- 

That's quite the comparison you got there... Lol.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Uh... does that kid fly 100km backwards after shooting?

RPG's dont have much force pushing you back. Most of the gas escapes from the back, so that is why you have to clear your front and back before you shoot one.

If you're asking me how I know this, I've watched a Discovery Channel documentary on this... Lol. ;)

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

That's quite the comparison you got there... Lol.

I felt like it suited the press' handling of such situations ^^'

its about how you handle it ;)

its about how you handle it ;)

You've got to be one with the RPG. ;)

RPG's dont have much force pushing you back. Most of the gas escapes from the back, so that is why you have to clear your front and back before you shoot one.

I see that you are gun expert :)

EDIT: i noticed that you edited your post :)

I see that you are gun expert :)

I wouldn't call my self an 'expert' lol.

Edit: I saw your edit. 

That's the part I was referencing to, should have cut the quote earlier, sry.

oh ok, well it doesn't have to always happen at birth but people can be born with a "weaker" mind people can also snap at points in their life. There are some people who can't tell the difference between what is acceptable in the virtual world and what isn't in the real world. The ability to differ blurs, and a normal human should be able to make the distinct difference but there are some who can't due to mental reasons, miss firing synapses, chemical inbalances and all that jazz

EDIT: i saw your new EDIT! 

:D edits all the way!

I played a number of shooters when I was young like this kid and continue to do so today. I was also around guns from an early age; I would go on hunting trips with my uncle and help him field dress deer. It made the damage guns can do very obvious. Now, despite having access to guns, it never would have occurred to me to take one of those guns and use it to shoot a relative (or anyone else).

I'm guessing this kid was either ignorant of the damage guns can do or he didn't care. Either way, you can't blame Niko.

Playing video games is so common these days the article might as well have said "Police: 8-year-old shoots, kills elderly caregiver after brushing his teeth".

There have yet to be a single peer-reviewed scientific study which shows that video games causes people to become violent. The whole "oh the mass murderers all had gaming consoles at home" is just as ridiculous as saying "both Hitler and Stalin had mustaches", or "all the mass murderers had toothbrushes at home".

Warning, very strong language and images.

Very good episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit which is about video games. If you have ever heard anyone go "video games causes you to become violent", show them this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS1Ys7lNXYY

Warning, very strong language and images.

Of course this is bullshit, I don't see how anyone could blame it on the game and not on the gun.

Playing video games is so common these days the article might as well have said "Police: 8-year-old shoots, kills elderly caregiver after brushing his teeth".

There have yet to be a single peer-reviewed scientific study which shows that video games causes people to become violent. The whole "oh the mass murderers all had gaming consoles at home" is just as ridiculous as saying "both Hitler and Stalin had mustaches", or "all the mass murderers had toothbrushes at home".

Very good episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit which is about video games. If you have ever heard anyone go "video games causes you to become violent", show them this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS1Ys7lNXYY

Wow Wow Wow ! You gotta slow down there!

Moustaches make people evil. It's scientifically proven.

Wow Wow Wow ! You gotta slow down there!

Moustaches make people evil. It's scientifically proven.

But what about toothbrushes? All crazy people have had toothbrushes in their house as well! Think of the children!! Ban toothbrushes, save children.

But what about toothbrushes? All crazy people have had toothbrushes in their house as well! Think of the children!! Ban toothbrushes, save children.

YES! This. You have no idea how I still hate brushing my teeth, hell 3x a day -.-

Why was he playing GTA in the first place? Totally inappropriate.

i feel bad for his grandmother. I feel like this is partially the parents' fault for not teaching the kid right from wrong, or buying the kid a M rated game. Videogames are fun supplements to life, not babysitters!

Of course it probably isn't the game's fault, might've been outside influences. All I can say is, this article pisses me off.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Not necessarily... 

+1 to this...I started shooting when I was 6 years old no broken bones to date!

But on to the topic....

My Mom to this day still will tell me guns are not toys...So how was this boy never told?Or maybe he was idk.

But why was the gun available?and why was it loaded?

I do not know if it is because I have grown up with guns around or what but this seems like it could have been stopped in more then one way! And I think bad parenting is to blame! 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

He needs the gun to protect himself from the government and the commies, or something

I realise my dry british sarcasm is often missed so I'll just point out that that was a sarcastic statement relating to the murrican culture of fapping over guns

that's more of a southern thing I believe, I can't think of anyone who lives around where I do that is like that, more of a "hick" society thing haha. Thank god people in my city aren't like that >.<

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089