8 Year old boy shoots grandmother after playing GTA 4.

they've done studies that show that playing violent video games is not the cause of being doing stupid things like this.

Of course people are gonna blame them for it

Looking for a job

and another thing: why is an 8 year old playing GTA 4 in the first place. bad parenting/caregiving is all this is.

8 year olds should not be playing R18 games, plain and simple

Looking for a job

What is route of Finland?

In Finland we can shoot animals when we get licence and we are over 15 years old, but we cant buy these before we are 18 years old:attachicon.gifFetchImage.jpg

Is it you or Switzerland that require a gun education for every citizen? I forget. My bad if I am wrong.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Granny propably said she wont buy him GTA V.

Guess who bought the game for him anyway. You play with fire...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Is it you or Switzerland that require a gun education for every citizen? I forget. My bad if I am wrong.

Switzerland has a system where almost every citizen from a certain age has to be trained yearly so that the country has a decent militia that can back up the army if the country ever gets invaded.

Also, on topic: Bad parenting 101. Why the hell was the kid playing GTA in the first place?

Surprise surprise, another story confirming that American's don't need guns. Sure an 8 year old shouldn't be playing GTA4, obviously isn't 100% mentally stable, and has irresponsible parents, but this WOULDN'T have happened if a lethal weapon wasn't in the house. Scared of the government and communists? Time for a reality check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKkD2VX-Jc

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Pure ignorance. Education is the answer. 

Btw, does anyone know what gun was used? 

Surprise surprise, another story confirming that American's don't need guns. Sure an 8 year old shouldn't be playing GTA4, obviously isn't 100% mentally stable, and has irresponsible parents, but this WOULDN'T have happened of a lethal weapon was in the house. Scared of the government and communists? Time for a reality check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKkD2VX-Jc

*looks in my kitchen and sees the knives*

Those look like pretty lethal weapons. I am more than certain you can have bladed weapons in GTA IV as well. Propaganda is fun, but dangerous.

"You play with fire..."

Indeed.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Since it was GTA IV maybe granny wanted to go bowling. "Sonny this is granny lets go bowling".

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

*looks in my kitchen and sees the knives*

Those look like pretty lethal weapons. I am more than certain you can have bladed weapons in GTA IV as well. Propaganda is fun, but dangerous.

"You play with fire..."

Indeed.

Sorry, guns are unnecessary. This cannot be argued against.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Sorry, guns are unnecessary. This cannot be argued against.

All things are unnecessary aside from the bare essentials (food, water, shelter) depending on what point of view you have. Ours differ.

29446313.jpg

That would be awesome. This being Keanu Reeves in the meme just makes it 100x better.

As for the topic at hand: One way to handle this would be to require someone to answer something very basic to play any M rated game. Something easy and fast. Something a child could not do.

Perhaps higher level (relative to a child) mathematics.

Hell 3^3 would be sufficient for anyone under 13 and any child who is smart enough to know how to answer these things would likely be intelligent enough to not shoot someone. Just a thought.

I am not saying a full blown test, just a single question. Open answer (no buttons) so it cannot be guessed.

† Christian Member †

All things are unnecessary aside from the bare essentials (food, water, shelter) depending on what point of view you have. Ours differ.

29446313.jpg

That would be awesome. This being Keanu Reeves in the meme just makes it 100x better.

Oh, I'm close minded? Good one. Very ironic  ;)

Your words. Not mine.

Brilliant point!  <_<

redneck

Brilliant point!  <_<

redneck

Just so it is clear, I have the black theme. I can see Redneck very clearly. 

If you intended it as such, I just want you to know that is not an insult. To those who think it is, you do not understand it's meaning or where it came from. Neither of which are explicitly negative.

† Christian Member †

Just so it is clear, I have the black theme. I can see Redneck very clearly. 

If you intended it as such, I just want you to know that is not an insult. To those who think it is, you do not understand it's meaning or where it came from. Neither of which are explicitly negative.

Why would I want to insult you? American's seem to be so negative...

He needs the gun to protect himself from the government and the commies, or something

I realise my dry british sarcasm is often missed so I'll just point out that that was a sarcastic statement relating to the murrican culture of fapping over guns

We don't fap over guns, we just like having and keeping our rights. I understand it's difficult for you Europeans to understand that concept, considering you've handed yours over without even a say.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Why on earth was an 8 yr old playing a rated 18+ game?

Of all rated 18+ games, why GTA?! If I was a parent, the name of the game alone would deter me from getting it for an 8 yr old. Let alone the age rating.

Why was there an unlocked and unmonitored/loaded gun within his reach?

Yes I played violent computer games when i was very young, but GTA is the worst possible game to give to anyone who isn't already mentally developed.

i7-720qm 1.6GHz | Acer Aspire 8943G motherboard (Al ram heatsink'd heatpipes)  | 16GB Kingston 1066 SODIMM | Radeon Mobility HD5850 1GB GDDR3 | 750GB WD 7200RPM HDD 

"Sitting exposed on top of my printer" case (insane airflow)

• Why do you give an 8 year old a gun
  • Why is a 8 year old playing a 18+ game
  • If an 8 year old shot a gun, his arm would break
  • why why why
  • fake.

Do you find the girl in the following video to be a danger or in danger? Granted she's 13  in this video, but obviously she didn't pick up a gun yesterday and learn to shoot like that. It's less about age (8 is old enough to learn and handle guns with the right care) than it's about the uneducated. Those that are taught about guns at a young age seldom use guns to commit any kind of crime, in fact seldom commit any crime with or without a gun. I've had guns in the household my entire life, yet I've never even thought of picking one up to act out violence. My worst nightmare is to be forced to use my carry weapon to defend myself, but that won't stop me if it's absolutely necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4B77PkeaU

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

There are things that makes me think this story is total bullcrap, total BS, total fakeness, total whatever you want

Number 1: how the hell did he get to play freakin GTA? If I recall well (too lazy to look the article again), he was at his grandma's, which means 87 y/o plays GTA? WTF

Number 2: I would like to say that the stupid gun law in america has to do with this story (it dies a tiny bit) but the fact that he probably had a gun right next to him on a table (ok I exagerate but you know what I mean) is total nonsense. Again, WTF

Unless it's a crazy family, I just don't bite. Seriously, for me, its just another article to say video games causes violence

Addition: IF it was real, then it's eventually just an accident because, like I said, the gun was probably not far off from him)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I played doom when I was a kid and I don't think I have any side affects except for extreme fear when playing a horror game...

I know I was pissed about GFWL with GTA4, but I never shot my grandma over it, and grandpa healed already.

It's stuff like this that makes the gaming community and gun community look bad.

Stop your kid from playing violent video games, and put your damn gun in a safe.