[Breaking News] Tech Report Scott Wasson joining AMD

Agent181

Source PCPER | Scott's Post, Goodbye

Scott Wasson - Owner of Tech Report is leaving to Work for AMD

Will be going in as user experience fellow(name/title not clear),  starting January 1st 2016

Scott will be joining Radeon Technologies Group to help implement the frame-time-based testing methods for game performance, something that Scott knows and has reported a lot in Tech Report.

AMD has just announced that Scott Wasson, Editor-in-Chief at The Tech Report, will leave his site and join their ranks. Details are still scarce because of how fresh this announcement is, but he will join the company to lead User Experience. Scott Wasson is a good friend of PC Perspective and our Editor-in-Chief, Ryan Shrout. They shared notes during the development of Frame Rating. -Scott Michaud(pcper)

Some months ago, I got a phone call from Raja Koduri, who heads up the newly formed Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. Raja asked me if I'd be interested in coming to work at AMD, to help implement the frame-time-based testing methods for game performance that I've championed here at TR. In talking with Raja, I came to see that he has a passion for doing things the right way, for creating better experiences for Radeon owners. He was offering me a unique opportunity to be a part of that effort, to move across organizational lines and help ensure that the Radeon Technologies Group creates the best possible experiences for gamers. AMD is a company facing some distinct challenges right now, but it's also loaded with potential—and the Radeon Technologies Group has a renewed vision and focus under Raja's leadership.

In the end, this opportunity was simply too good to pass up. Early in the new year, I will be joining AMD in my new role. As a result, I'll be stepping down as Editor-in-Chief of The Tech Report. - Scott Wasson

here is the blog post if you want to read Scott's own post: Scott's Goodbye Post

Jeff Kampman will take Editor-in-Chief of The Tech Report after Scott leaves.

So this is really good for AMD but not sure what will happen to Tech Report :(, also AMD will finally have better experience in the feild he is going into since Scott knows what he is doing and half the people leading AMD well not sure if they should be

Wait, but i though his name was john? doesn't he work for the Sherlock company? What happened did he get fired? 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

how is that "really good for AMD"

AMD needs better engineers, not reporters for "user experience"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nooo, Tech Report was great tho :(

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If they can 1-up Nvidia's shitty customer support, that's really good for AMD

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

they have really good engineers but the people in charge well, they make really bad decisions and well this will help guide them there since they really don't have a good direction at all right now and who knows how zen is, or if it will save them

This ^

+ a new finacial team

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Nah. They need someone who can properly manage their social media pages, including Youtube because whoever runs that channel is an idiot.

What do you mean specifically?

AMD needs to be seen like a good company in the eye of a consumer. For example if AMD did things like sponsor LMG and other companies like that. LMG and others would recommend their cards so much more in holiday build guides for example.....

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Nah. They need someone who can properly manage their social media pages, including Youtube because whoever runs that channel is an idiot.

that guy got fired fast after his little tantrums

they have really good engineers but the people in charge well, they make really bad decisions and well this will help guide them there since they really don't have a good direction at all right now and who knows how zen is, or if it will save them

Uh, I think if they had really good engineers they would have released a better CPU in the past 6 years

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

that guy got fired fast after his little tantrums

Who?

Nvidia's support is really really bad. For my shield, they didn't reply to ANY OF MY emails, forum posts etc. for weeks. People have had similar experiences.

So, what will happen to the Tech Report?

Same thing that happened to Anandtech probably. Someone else will take over.

Uh, I think if they had really good engineers they would have released a better CPU in the past 6 years

that was a series of bad decisions from the guys in charge... the engineers just do what they are told,  I know one engineer in there and he has gone back and forth from intel and AMD twice, currently working at intel so their engineers are more than capable of doing great things if they are allowed to and well they way amd is heading just focusing on APU's well its not that great

Nvidia's support is really really bad. For my shield, they didn't reply to ANY OF MY emails, forum posts etc. for weeks. People have had similar experiences.

If that's true, then they need to take a look at their CS team because I've seen an equal amount of good things come from them.

Doesn't surprise me though. They do have a ton of idiots working there.

AMD needs to be seen like a good company in the eye of a consumer. For example if AMD did things like sponsor LMG and other companies like that. LMG and others would recommend their cards so much more in holiday build guides for example.....

Yeah a lot of non tech savy people don't know what amd is, which isn't good when you need to sell things.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

If that's true, then they need to take a look at their CS team because I've seen an equal amount of good things come from them.

Doesn't surprise me though. They do have a ton of idiots working there.

I think it's only the SHIELD "section" CS that sucks, people have a ton of issues with shields lol. 

Who?

There was a guy that worked for AMD social media and other services that said things that well, nobody working in any environment should of said, can't remember his name

I think it's only the SHIELD "section" CS that sucks, people have a ton of issues with shields lol. 

Glad I didn't have any issues with my Shield portable when I owned it then, ha.

There was a guy that worked for AMD social media and other services that said things that well, nobody working in any environment should of said, can't remember his name

Richard Huddy?

Yeah a lot of non tech savy people don't know what amd is, which isn't good when you need to sell things.

I talked with someone who didnt know it was called AMD he thought it was still called ATI

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I talked with someone who didnt know it was called AMD he thought it was still called ATI

I actually thought that for a couple years after the switch, as I was wasn't paying attention to the tech scene back then

Bad engineers and lack of resource are 2 different things. Their engineers are fine.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit