Is wccftech trustworthy at all?

Noirgheos

My cousin is saying he's getting a massive performance boost with his R9 Fury on the Crimson drivers. The only site that matches his numbers(1080p) is wccftech.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-software-performance-analysis-is-this-the-crimson-tide/3/

The games I asked him to test and compared to are Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4. All were within 1-2FPS of each other, he also has the i5 6600K they were testing with.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Everyone I know whos installed crimson havent had the best experience so far. And with WCCFtech always take it with a grain of salt.

This. My friend I know on Steam said that he got a 20fps boost on his 8350/7770 rig on CSGO while my brother got like a 30fps drop on his 4100/7850 rig.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1-2 frames is not a massive boost.

You misread.

B.S. there is no way it improved every single game.

Not every single one. Just the ones he tested.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

My cousin is saying he's getting a massive performance boost with his R9 Fury on the Crimson drivers. The only site that matches his numbers(1080p) is wccftech.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-software-performance-analysis-is-this-the-crimson-tide/3/

The games I asked him to test and compared to are Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4. All were within 1-2FPS of each other, he also has the i5 6600K they were testing with.

Their rumors are sometimes accurate, sometimes really far off. i haven't heard anything bad about reviews though.

Everyone I know whos installed crimson havent had the best experience so far. And with WCCFtech always take it with a grain of salt.

Am I the only one who's had no issues with crimson yet (except for a really fucked up overclock)?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Wccf (iirc) is getting better over the years. Plus, the Fury lineup did get some good enough performance boosts, there's 2 other threads about the performance gains with the furies I think.

Link me?

wccftech is fine when they actually have the hardware. Their problem is that they'll gladly post "news" that are based on nothing more than speculation and/or a random source in china. Basically, whenever they get wind of something they just post it without checking much.

2 fps are sort of expected since the fury cards are pretty new and new drivers are expected to incrementally increase performancea couple of fps at a time.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

wccftech is fine when they actually have the hardware. Their problem is that they'll gladly post "news" that are based on nothing more than speculation and/or a random source in china. Basically, whenever they get wind of something they just post it without checking much.

2 fps are sort of expected since the fury cards are pretty new and new drivers are expected to incrementally increase performancea couple of fps at a time.

I said they are all within 1-2FPS of each other, my cousin and the site's benches, not a 1-2FPS boost. He got way more than that. Very close or better than what wccftech had.

I said they are all within 1-2FPS of each other, my cousin and the site's benches, not a 1-2FPS boost. He got way more than that. Very close or better than what wccftech had.

What cpu does he have? Maybe he was bottlenecked on that end before. Or maybe wccftech is running these tests on a potato.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What cpu does he have? Maybe he was bottlenecked on that end before. Or maybe wccftech is running these tests on a potato.

He has an i5 6600K, the one that wccftech was using. What I'm saying is that the boosts my cousin had are a little worse, on par, or better than what the site posted, not that either are bad.

your friend is probably experiencing the placebo effect

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

your friend is probably experiencing the placebo effect

Except he's measuring it.

Except he's measuring it.

measuring what?

he makes benchmarks and graphs?

did he show you fps before and after the driver update?

btw wccf is not wrong all the time, just some of the time

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

measuring what?

he makes benchmarks and graphs?

did he show you fps before and after the driver update?

btw wccf is not wrong all the time, just some of the time

He's using DeltaT and stuff like that to get the average framerate. I'm not big into code. And no he doesn't have the FPS from before, but he is getting the FPS that wccftech are showing with the driver update. So like I said, slightly below, the same, or above. All within 1-2FPS of each other, with a few outliers.

He has an i5 6600K, the one that wccftech was using. What I'm saying is that the boosts my cousin had are a little worse, on par, or better than what the site posted, not that either are bad.

well, then it may depend on other parts specific to his configuration. 1-2 fps more or less are still sort of within margin of error, but seeing a consistent boost is nice.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*