Toddler's eyeball sliced in half by drone propeller

PCBjon

If the FCC gets its way in the US this may happen...

Is that not a good thing? It will worm out the stupid incompetent operators with hefty fines etc etc.

So? oh, Im sorry I blinded you and scarred you for life cause I couldnt bother following Instructions...

An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind kiddo, you got much to learn.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Is that not a good thing? It will worm out the stupid incompetent operators with hefty fines etc etc.

Yes and no.

There have been model plane operators and clubs that have doing this for years successfully without the need and this can hurt that community pretty bad.

On the other hand it can/will curb the amount of idiots doing what has been happening of late.

This subject of putting regulations on something like this a very fine line.

I both support and don't support the idea as it needs to be done right and unfortunately today's governments are not exactly know for doing things right.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

this is why drones should be heavily regulated....

No, this is why idiots shouldnt have their toddler running around near / under a high powered drone :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No, this is why idiots shouldnt have their toddler running around near / under a high powered drone :/

why was this twat flying a DRONE near PEOPLE?

It is clearly stated. DO NOT FLY FUCKING DRONES NEAR PEOPLE

You the pilot is the fucking responsible person.

Its like running someone over with a car. YOU CONTROL THE CAR. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THIS VEHICLE UNDER CONTROL. IF YOU RAN OVER A TODDLER WITH A CAR. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DIDNT DRIVE CAREFULLY ENOUGH.

defending drone pilots who do stupid shit is simply disgusting.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED DRONES AND QUADCOPTERS FUCKING BANNED.

we need to ban humans, they are the problem  not the drone.

why was this twat flying a DRONE near PEOPLE?

It is clearly stated. DO NOT FLY FUCKING DRONES NEAR PEOPLE

You the pilot is the fucking responsible person.

Its like running someone over with a car. YOU CONTROL THE CAR. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THIS VEHICLE UNDER CONTROL. IF YOU RAN OVER A TODDLER WITH A CAR. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DIDNT DRIVE CAREFULLY ENOUGH.

defending drone pilots who do stupid shit is simply disgusting.

I never said it wasnt also the pilot's fault, relax buddy.

I just said its also the parents fault for having their kid hanging around near a drone, its just not smart, it'd be the same as letting your kid run out into the middle of the street.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind kiddo, you got much to learn.

"Kiddo"? Im 23 years old -_-

I stand by what I said.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Bad parenting perhaps? Like really, why would you mess around with something dangerous around kids.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Arty, on 28 Nov 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

we need to ban humans, they are the problem  not the drone.

You do know I was joking, right?

You do know I was joking, right?

i Know :) 

I never said it wasnt also the pilot's fault, relax buddy.

I just said its also the parents fault for having their kid hanging around near a drone, its just not smart, it'd be the same as letting your kid run out into the middle of the street.

if you read the article, it seems like this twat who flew the drone did so in a park or back yard, where a kid would naturally hang out.

parents cannot be blamed for poor judgement. we cannot lock up our kids with the expectancy that letting them go outside will cause their eyes to be gouged out by idiots doing stupid shit.

We need to ban all drones this minute! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Oh god, say goodbiy to drones, something like this was bound to happen.

Its impossible to stay safe anywhere, even in the house you are not freaking safe, they are going to ban drones so hard.

if you read the article, it seems like this twat who flew the drone did so in a park or back yard, where a kid would naturally hang out.

parents cannot be blamed for poor judgement. we cannot lock up our kids with the expectancy that letting them go outside will cause their eyes to be gouged out by idiots doing stupid shit.

You don't (shouldn't) leave a 16 month old infant without supervision. That said, no one knows exactly what occurred once the drone hit the tree and "span around". Was the child right beside it? Did the drone have to fly some distance in order hit the child? 

"Clipped the tree and span around" is pretty vague, but once a solid object interferes (in this case a branch, perhaps) with the one or more of the rotors, it's nearly or literally impossible to regain control.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Why are people so stupid.

Facepalm-Meme-Gif-08.jpg

And the drone operator will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

i see a lawsuit coming and from there on out all commercial drones will have some kind of stiff perferated mesh surrounding the propellers.

I think you need to read the guidance again it clearly states that 'The operator is responsible for avoiding collisions with other people or objects'

Hopefully the child will be able to receive a transplant.

I feel sorrow for the child.

I feel somewhat bad for the operator but he should have taken better precautions, it should be obvious this type of hobby can be dangerous BUT this why we have Darwin Awards.

41zKaM%2B-r5L._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

That's not Darwin award material, the whole point of the Darwin award is to die doing something stupid before having kids.

The kid did not die, he only lost an eye, I doubt his vision is going to be good as he gets older.

Unless you're 30 years old or older, you're still a "kid", not as a <10 year old "kid" though but you get the idea.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That's not Darwin award material, the whole point of the Darwin award is to die doing something stupid before having kids.

The kid did not die, he only lost an eye, I doubt his vision is going to be good as he gets older.

Unless you're 30 years old or older, you're still a "kid", not as a <10 year old "kid" though but you get the idea.

Ah well it could have been his own eye, but no matter point was made operator was/is an idiot.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Bingo.

Of course. Why should we go through the effort of doing something crazy like educating people on drone safety when we can just ban them and be done with the whole thing. 

Guns are totally safe though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Totally. Guns protect people. Drones crash into things.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I considered saying this as well buts lets not turn this into a gun debate, Please.  -_-

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Guns can protect us from drones.