Toddler's eyeball sliced in half by drone propeller

PCBjon

So? oh, Im sorry I blinded you and scarred you for life cause I couldnt bother following Instructions...

What part of the instructions didn't he follow.  The bit about don't hit trees?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

What part of the instructions didn't he follow.  The bit about don't hit trees?

"Dont fly within 50m of a person".

.... got nothing to say eh?....

Lol, please, keep going. You cant imagine how amusing I find you being unable to pick up on the irony of all this.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

"Every 20 something says that" Were are you basing these stats of? 1 Person? Yourself? Wow, astonishing research. Call me "old fashioned", but this dude just fucked up someones life forever beacuse he was careless, that pisses me off.

All I can say is wow.  <_<  You missed that point by 

200.gif

that much.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

All I can say is wow.  <_<  You missed that point by 

200.gif

that much.

Wow, youre really mature, and your responses are REALLY thought out....

Lol, please, keep going. You cant imagine how amusing I find you being unable to pick up on the irony of all this.

Yes, mature people always use "lol".

Yes, mature people always use "lol".

And you were saying I have no retort?  Way to grasp at straws.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

How weird would that be 10 years later 

So what happened to your eye?

"Weeeellll kinda got sliced in half when I was a baby by a drone propeller"

I fly large enthusiast hobby grade model airplanes. If I stab myself in the eye with propeller, would a licence stop that? Hell no. Also who's gonna pay for this 'quad copter SWAT patrol uber safety enforcement' Agency? No government entity will want to.  Why don't you just move to Germany where it's illegal to wash your own car, and buy an xbox while you're at it, in the words of Linus

The thing about hobbyist grade model airplanes, is that their cost (and maintenance) was prohibitive enough, to prevent "any old idiot" flying them around. In short the people flying those things, tend to be far more responsible on the whole, so they didn't require much (if any) policing.

Now nobody is suggesting we need 'quad copter SWAT patrol uber safety enforcement'. That's just silly hyperbole, but enforceable guidelines and better education, a "code of practice" if you like seems to be needed for drones. It wouldn't be needed if people weren't routinely being fucking stupid with their operation. And before you say anything about enforcement, it's incredibly easy to nudge people towards safer behavior via better education while using punitive measures such as on the spot fines (as the stick).

Wait wait wait, we cant forget the military are using drones to kill a crapload of people!!!

predator.jpg

But is it recreational?

1 lik = 1 prayr

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

"Dont fly within 50m of a person".

That's an advicement, not part of the rules.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

The thing about hobbyist grade model airplanes, is that their cost (and maintenance) was prohibitive enough, to prevent "any old idiot" flying them around. In short the people flying those things, tend to be far more responsible on the whole, so they didn't require much (if any) policing.

Now nobody is suggesting we need 'quad copter SWAT patrol uber safety enforcement'. That's just silly hyperbole, but enforceable guidelines and better education, a "code of practice" if you like seems to be needed for drones. It wouldn't be needed if people weren't routinely being fucking stupid with their operation. And before you say anything about enforcement, it's incredibly easy to nudge people towards safer behavior via better education while using punitive measures such as on the spot fines (as the stick).

At the end of the day it all comes down to two things: Accidents can and always will happen, and you can't make people have common sense.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

20MP+ pics or it didn't happen

20MP+ pics or it didn't happen

Im asking for 60MP OR GREATER 

At the end of the day it all comes down to two things: Accidents can and always will happen, and you can't make people have common sense.

Cars are probably the best parallel example. We've put in place a bunch of obstacles to ensure people are "qualified" to operate them, we've put in place a bunch of rules and punitive measures to enforce "good behavior". We've incorporated a bunch of safety features. Yet people still routinely kill themselves and others while using vehicles.

So at the end of the day, it really comes down to what can we do to minimize the risks, without being entirely prohibitive. And obviously since Drones carry less risk than cars, they need less regulation.

Wow, youre really mature, and your responses are REALLY thought out....

I feel sorrow that you are unable to take constructive criticism well.

You are being far to defensive. You did miss my point and my reply was not immature. I think you need to step back and re-evaluate your sense of humor and uncinch a few things.

By the way not all reasoning requires empirical data to make a point.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

snip

This is why I haven't gone and purchased a aerial drone for any of my cameras, as much as I would like to do some aerial photography and video.  I don't trust myself to be able to operate one properly even though I know I would act responsibly, take every precaution and make sure I wasn't endangering anyone.

And I am wary about camera drones priced at consumer budget levels, which opens up the door for many amateurs and potentially irresponsible people to purchase one and flying them around.  I don't mind that professionals and people with training and experience operating one, but...

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

And you were saying I have no retort?  Way to grasp at straws.

Youre grasping at straws too, you have nothing to say -_-

That's an advicement, not part of the rules.

Yeah, It's like "Dont jump from a 100m tall building onto concrete". Theres no rule against It, but you shouldnt do It. And In this case they even warned you about It.

I feel sorrow that you are unable to take constructive criticism well.

You are being far to defensive. You did miss my point and my reply was not immature. I think you need to step back and re-evaluate your sense of humor and uncinch a few things.

By the way not all reasoning requires empirical data to make a point.

Constructive critisism? REALLY? All you did was post a GIF about a guy jumping and telling me I missed the point... -_-

Shit dude that's terrible. Of course, people gouge each other's eyes out with a wide variety of things, it was only a matter of time before drones would join that list, and legislation will occur because of public outcry (Happens more and more often. That's why laws are filled with bloatware)

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Poor kid, hope one day, he'll get a bionic eye to help him see with his injured eye again.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Constructive critisism? REALLY? All you did was post a GIF about a guy jumping and telling me I missed the point... -_-

Apparently you forgot about the other replies I made. (short term memory is not a strong point apparently)

Well I'll leave you to you logic, and opinions then. It is not worth my time to debate or argue with someone in your current mindset. Your being so defensive your ignoring whats being said. Settle down.

*washes hands and leaves*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER